• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Forever, Eternity, Immortals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Casanova

• 93 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:47 AM

I keep seeing the word "forever" used in many posts.

I can agree with the idea, and implementation, of life extension, but to bracket life extension, with living forever, is absurd.

Living a very long time, in comparision to our present life spans, makes sense, but using the term "forever" as in living forever, turns the whole thing into kooksville.

All kinds of pretzle-twisting confabulations have been presented about how we can survive the heat death of the universe, and live forever by somehow tinkering with time, to create some kind of infinite division of time, so that metaphorically speaking we never reach 12 midnight.

Nah.

The universe will end; it will completely end; pop goes the weasal, and your ego will end with it too.

Living a long time, in a material body of some kind; yes.
Living "forever" in a material body, of some kind, no.
And what about Eternity?
We are already living in Eternity, at the deepest, and most important level. It is the "ego" that feels itself trapped in time, and that obscures that Eternity from present awareness.

So when someone here says that they want to live 'forever" what they are really saying is, "I want my "ego" to live forever."

Ego is very important, of course, but that is not all we are. To think so, is to see only surfaces.

What never dies, because it is Eternal, and was never born, is the consciousness of God, an "Awareness" behind all material manifestations, which is you at the deepest level.

So you, the real you, can't die; it has always been, and always will be.

What dies, is your seperate ego.

Accept the fact that your ego can live a long, long time, but not forever.
When we die, we are once again aware that we are the Godhead, and we see the entire picture. Like one lost piece of a puzzle, we are reunited with the entire puzzle, and can realize finally the why of everything.

The ironic joke, for all the scared, and terrified egos on this website, is that death is actually the ultimate expansion of consciousness, into the eternal consciousness, an expansion of awareness and consciousness, infintely beyond all digital computation, whatsoever.
In fact, it is not so much that the personal ego dies, but rather that it becomes trivial in the light of Eternal consciousness.

But, egos can create fantastic things; just listen to the music of Haydn. So I am not trashing egos, or of expanding the creative abilities of egos, but only the loonie desire to have that ego live, "forever"; a long time, yes, but not forever.

#2 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 04:09 AM

I agree that people who want to be taken seriously about Transhuman-like thoughts (covering the wide range of speculation and theory) should watch their words very, very carefully.

Edited by XxDoubleHelixX, 14 July 2003 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users