* * * * * 5 votes

"500 club" 500mg of trans-resveratrol per day

• Please log in to reply
1708 replies to this topic

#1231 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

ok, It's 50% powder capsule, 2 caps = 500mg, 60 caps total in the bottle. And it does say trans-resvertrol...

Got it... nice

A

#1232 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:48 PM

ok, It's 50% powder capsule, 2 caps = 500mg, 60 caps total in the bottle. And it does say trans-resvertrol...

Got it... nice

A

where on their website did you read that 2 caps equal 500 mg. or that a "serving"= 2 caps.
I can't find that information. I just see a picture of the front of the bottle with no info as to dose size.
Also, they claim that their product is made in the USA. Do you know of a US resource? If so, how come you
use foreign made product? Have you ever heard of this company? Have they just jumped into this market with no history in
supplements?
Sorry to ask so many questions, but If I am going to put over a gram of a substance into my body
on a daily basis, I want to know where it comes from and who I am buying it from.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1233 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

It's on the label:

Label

Do you know of a US resource?
If so, how come you use foreign made product?
Have you ever heard of this company?
Have they just jumped into this market with no history in supplements?

uhm...

1- I do not know of a US resource that does not import raw materials from another country (We tried looking!)
2- We (RevGenetics) import the raw material from Asia or Europe, we then have it tested in a U.S. Lab in Illinois.
3- Nope, never heard of "ASN Trading" guys until today... maxwatt you know them?
4- I don't know...

cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 05 November 2007 - 07:18 PM.

#1234 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

I'd like to see a COA from an independent lab, yet I don't know that I'd take any unless I knew more about the source/suppliers and/or had independent testing of their product performed.

#1235 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

It's on the label:

Label

Do you know of a US resource?
If so, how come you use foreign made product?
Have you ever heard of this company?
Have they just jumped into this market with no history in supplements?

uhm...

1- I do not know of a US resource that does not import raw materials from another country (We tried looking!)
2- We (RevGenetics) import the raw material from Asia or Europe, we then have it tested in a U.S. Lab in Illinois.
3- Nope, never heard of "ASN Trading" guys until today... maxwatt you know them?
4- I don't know...

cheers
A

Thanks, I never saw a link to the label.
hmmm....
If you couldn't find a US resource, then i doubt they did.

Regarding the RevGenetics R300 - could you please tell me the country of origin for that particular product.
I am interested in ordering it as I want to up my dosage, and with the Jarrows 100 I am now taking, I would have to take
12 capsules a day. The thought makes me gag. Thanks again for being so responsive.

ETA~in regard to REsvinex 500~I just received a response to my inquiry and thought I would share it with you all:

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our product.  It is very wise to be asking the questions that you are asking because there are a lot of scam sellers out there, especially those selling from China or buying directly from China and simply re-selling a product.

The base powder for most all resveratrol supplements sold is imported from Asia. It is an extract from the plant polygonium cuspidatum.

To make our product, we use an FDA-registered manufacturer located here in the United States to make the capsules.  The manufacturer is required to fully comply with the FDA mandated Good Manufacturing Practices which is required for manufacturing this product.  The manufacturer is also subject to unannounced inspections by the FDA.

We have a certificate of analysis that was provided to us by the manufacturer upon delivery of the product.  We are currently working with an independent lab to provide a third party analysis of the product.

This product was manufactured under strict guidelines here in the United States.  I have been taking 1500 mg of this product daily for over 3 months now.  So I know it is safe and the results are very apparent. I no longer take a prescription drug to maintain a low cholesterol level and I have actually lost several pounds. All of the other potential health benefits of this amazing product (i.e., antioxidant, cancer prevention, diabetes control, etc.) are just icing on the cake.

If you choose to purchase a resveratrol supplement, please consider purchasing from us.  We offer the lowest prices on the internet for resveratrol in capsule form.

Thanks,
ASN Traders LLC

Edited by missminni, 06 November 2007 - 04:07 AM.

#1236 levkamensky

• 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:53 AM

The issue here is bioavailability, you would need alot less if you injected it into your bloodstream.

with all the impurities? that raises a red flag.

craig said that he started feeling significant effects at 10 through 15 grams, in fact he felt no effects until he reached that threshold. i am inclined to believe him. resveratrol must be made affordable at doses that are effective. if that can be achieved through increasing bioavailability, more power to you. it is up to you gentlemen to make sure the consumer is getting his money's worth...

it's a win-win

leo

Edited by levkamensky, 06 November 2007 - 07:31 AM.

#1237 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:46 PM

The issue here is bioavailability, you would need alot less if you injected it into your bloodstream.

with all the impurities? that raises a red flag.

craig said that he started feeling significant effects at 10 through 15 grams, in fact he felt no effects until he reached that threshold. i am inclined to believe him. resveratrol must be made affordable at doses that are effective. if that can be achieved through increasing bioavailability, more power to you. it is up to you gentlemen to make sure the consumer is getting his money's worth...

it's a win-win

leo

Impurities? I was not talking about 50% powder; you need a much purer form of rsv to be injected (which we have).

Regarding the consumer getting his money's worth (sorry everyone but this has to be mentioned):

<blah blah... this sounded too much like a commercial, so I edited it out my little rant. I believe the injectables portion below was too important, so I took out the RevGenetics historical overview about pricing here...>

....We also are the only company to offer a 1000mg 99% t-res capsule for convenience. Look at the price list, our powder prices for 99% are simply the best around. If you need high quantities of trans-resveratrol 99% powder we are hard to beat.

Is the consumer getting his money's worth, yes.
Now, If the question is... "I personally can't afford your products even though you are one of the cheapest suppliers around, can't you go down in price some more?". This is another question entirely, as it deals with personal finances. We would like to give you a $30 bottle of 99% trans-resveratrol with 120 capsules and 1000mg per capsule, but we can't. The price for raw materials is simply to great at this time, and no one can afford to to that. Maybe in 2012 Sirtris will come out with their pharmaceutical, and you will be allowed to use your insurance to pay for it.

That would help everyone, and I welcome it. But for now, pricing is really limited by raw materials costs. If you want a really good deal, buy 10 kilos or more, nothing is preventing you from finding a good wholesale supplier. We have spent alot of time investigating suppliers ourselves to find a few sources that are simply the best around.

About injectables:
The issue again is bioavailability, and because of this there are many posts on this forum that deal with how folks believe they can increase the bioavailability of trans-resveratrol. No one talks about this (injectable rsv) as many folks prefer to take a capsule by mouth, and prefer to deal with a handful of capsules than to ever consider an injectable. How much blood do we have in the average body? Is it 4-5 liters? What is the dosage required of t-res if injected? Quite small I think (and correct me if I am wrong) it's about 4mg if you inject it into an average person, instead of a half dozen pills...

How much is 4mg of high purity trans-resveratrol? I think you know where I am going with this... do I recommend injectables at this point? Not yet, but we are definitely looking at that as a viable option in Q1 2008.

If I am wrong about my off-the-cuff estimated numbers, please correct me.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 06 November 2007 - 03:13 PM.

#1238 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:52 AM

About injectables:

Wait a minute. Don't injectables need to be solublized? If you inject an insoluble substance, it can cause all manner of problems, like lethal lung disorders. Maybe it could be pulled off with a cyclodextrin, an emulsion, liposomes, or some such, but really, I don't see this idea as a good thing.

#1239 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:29 AM

Wait a minute.  Don't injectables need to be solublized? 

Yes, that is part of what we are working on...

it would not work otherwise.

niner, why would it not be a good thing? (ok except for the needle that would put off most people... I get that.)
But the option really should be out there, specially if you already are stuck to a drip of some sort.

A

#1240 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

Wait a minute.  Don't injectables need to be solublized? 

Yes, that is part of what we are working on...

it would not work otherwise.

niner, why would it not be a good thing? (ok except for the needle that would put off most people... I get that.)
But the option really should be out there, specially if you already are stuck to a drip of some sort.

A

Anthony, I get the feeling that you've tried injecting it already. Anyone else here, I'd be worried for, but I seem to remember you have a doctor associated with your company. Have you injected rodents yet?

#1241 levkamensky

• 43 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:03 AM

sorry, to clarify my point,

"Is the consumer getting his money's worth, yes.
Now, If the question is... "I personally can't afford your products even though you are one of the cheapest suppliers around"

getting one's money's worth means getting something effective for your money. the bottom line is effectiveness not quantity. even though you are one of the cheapest suppliers around i don't think most people here can yet afford the dose which was found to be effective 10 - 15 grams.

now if you find a way to offer the same effectiveness with a smaller, affordable dose via increasing bioavailablity, that would also be giving the consumer his money's worth. spending money for the sake of sheer novelty isn't worth it, it must be effective.

i see how injections could be useful to sick people during an acute period (it's great you are working on that); but healthy people, injecting resveratrol for a long time would not be very convenient.

#1242 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:33 AM

Well, if it's going to be a product for hospital administration, then sure, although the hoops that you'd have to jump through for manufacture of a parenteral product would be a lot worse than for an oral product, I'd think. The formulation is just a lot more exacting, and you're bypassing all the mechanisms that we've evolved to deal with dangerous xenobiotics, microbes, insoluble junk, and whatever. For home use, I have a hard time not thinking of Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'That Smell'.... I know resveratrol's not smack, but really, my wife is weirded out enough by the fact that I buy white powder from strangers on the Internet that comes in ziplock bags. Even if people know how to properly shoot themselves up, and have a good supply of syringes, aren't daily IV injections kind of problematic?

#1243 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:58 AM

Well, if it's going to be a product for hospital administration, then sure, although the hoops that you'd have to jump through for manufacture of a parenteral product would be a lot worse than for an oral product, I'd think. The formulation is just a lot more exacting, and you're bypassing all the mechanisms that we've evolved to deal with dangerous xenobiotics, microbes, insoluble junk, and whatever. For home use, I have a hard time not thinking of Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'That Smell'.... I know resveratrol's not smack, but really, my wife is weirded out enough by the fact that I buy white powder from strangers on the Internet that comes in ziplock bags. Even if people know how to properly shoot themselves up, and have a good supply of syringes, aren't daily IV injections kind of problematic?

This is exactly how I feel about it. Unless you personally are having the product assayed for purity and authenticity, you have no idea what you are
actually ingesting and unless it is coming from a reputable company, you have no idea if they can be trusted. It really takes a leap of faith. Shooting up might be more economical and more effective but would also be more dangerous. JMO

#1244 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

See the recent ABC piece on imported fish safety? Chinese
toys, dog food, toothpaste, etc.

Powders may be the least of our risks.

#1245 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:30 PM

See the recent ABC piece on imported fish safety? Chinese
toys, dog food, toothpaste, etc.

Powders may be the least of our risks.

SO TRUE! Farmed fish is to be avoided. I've known that for years. As for Chinese products...as in the kids toy "aqua beads" they just
pulled off the market yesterday....it's like Russian Roulette. You don't know until something bad happens. I don't buy any food product
from China anymore. Remember recently they discovered noodles and dumplings that they were making from old cardboard boxes!

I've been taking supplements
for years, and NEVER had an adverse reaction. I've been taking 100 mg of Pregnenolone daily for the past 8 years, (pretty much unchartered waters),
and I have nothing but very positive results. Everybody I recommended it to says the same thing.
So I have to agree with you. In fact, this just convinced me to take that leap of faith and increase my resveratrol dose to 1200 mg.
Any product recommendations?

#1246 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Remember recently they discovered noodles and dumplings that they were making from old cardboard boxes!

That turned out to be staged by a shock journalist who was having difficulty coming up with actual stories.

I've been taking 100 mg of Pregnenolone daily for the past 8 years,

How old are you? Plan on having any more kids? If you're over 40 and don't plan to have any more children, an oral dose of 100mg pregnenolone (sublingual 5mg) is pretty low risk and can actually provide significant benefits for strength, heart health, etc. If asked, I would still recommend taking periodic breaks from a prohormone/prosteroid like pregnenolone (8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, etc.).

#1247 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

None of the resveratrol I've imported has tested with heavy meal, bacterial or other contamination. There are some honest and ethical suppliers in China; the vast majority, I think.

#1248 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

That turned out to be staged by a shock journalist who was having difficulty coming up with actual stories.

How old are you?  Plan on having any more kids?  If you're over 40 and don't plan to have any more children, an oral dose of 100mg pregnenolone (sublingual 5mg) is pretty low risk and can actually provide significant benefits for strength, heart health, etc.  If asked, I would still recommend taking periodic breaks from a prohormone/prosteroid like pregnenolone (8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, etc.).

Oh, it was staged...I'm relieved to hear that.

Re: the preg:
I am 61 and have been taking it since 1999. Between genetics, diet and exercise I pass for 40.
I do classes with women more than half my age and, more often than not, surpass them in strength and agility.
I do take breaks from preg, although not that often. Thanks for the reminder.
Also you mention 5mg sublingual - I didn't even know it was available that way. Does 100 mg capsule = 5mg sublingual?
If so, wow! I need to reconsider how I take it. Is this true with all supplements taken sub-lingually? resveratrol too?
Does the same advice (on 8 wks off 2 weeks) follow for resveratrol?

Maxwatt-You say you import resveratrol. Do you re-sell it too?
I am interested in buying it.

and thanks to everyone for the advice and information.

#1249 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

I started taking 500mg of Resveratrol a day. I'm a bit overweight and not much of an athlete. So far I've found Resveratrol helps the concentration some and I can RUN! I jog too and from the parking lot at work which is about 1/8 mile away. It's silly but I probably wouldn't get any other exercise if I didn't do it. So when I take Resveratrol I find I can usually quicken the pace and even sprint a little.

#1250 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

I hope I am not too off topic here, but if there is someone who knows how to translate dosage from oral to sublingual, I would be most appreciative.
I am now taking 100 mg of pregnenolone
in a capsule. If I were to switch to sublingual preg, what would the equivalent dosage be?
Is there a standard for converting oral doses to sub-lingual doses or does it differ with the specific supplement? TIA
I also read in earlier posts about taking resveratrol sub-lingually but the discussion got too technical for me to
understand. What was the conclusion and is anybody here taking it that way?

#1251 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

I find that the equivalent dose for oral and sublingual pregenolone is about 100mg oral = 5-10mg sublingual and that the exact dosage equivalency depends on the person.

The smallest sublingual dosage at my local health foods store is 10mg, but I found that to be too much for me, so I cut them in half and have been quite happy.

There is no standard equivalency. There are two issues: first, your digestive tract acts on each substance differently. Some make it straight through to your blood, while others only let 5% through, still others can't go through at all (have to be sublingual, transdermal, or injected). Second, the drug has to already be in a form that can directly pass through the tissues in your mouth into your blood vessels. Not all drugs can do that.

For resveratrol, Anthony Loera (revgenetics) estimated in this thread that 4mg injected is equivalent to a significant oral dose (perhaps the 500mg from the thread title). 4mg transdermal, carried by DMSO would affect plasma levels similar to a 4mg intramuscular injection, you might need 8mg transdermal to equal a 4mg vascular injection. Resveratrol in DMSO could be taken as a sublingual liquid.

You should read up on DMSO before you do this. It's a significant drug by itself with some actions similar to aspirin, and results in a body and breath odor that many people find unpleasant. I don't remember how long it lasts, so it might be possible to take 1-2ml DMSO (with up to 32mg t-res) at night and be fine by morning. Your partner might object to the "new presence" in the bedroom though... :p

I purchased my 99% resveratrol powder from revgenetics. On his website, Anthony has posted the analysis results from a third party test (he doesn't trust the chinese tests provided by his supplier, which I appreciate).

(added resveratrol discussion)

Edited by rabagley, 09 November 2007 - 04:51 PM.

#1252 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

I find that the equivalent dose for oral and sublingual pregenolone is about 100mg oral = 5-10mg sublingual and that the exact dosage equivalency depends on the person. 

The smallest sublingual dosage at my local health foods store is 10mg, but I found that to be too much for me, so I cut them in half and have been quite happy.

There is no standard equivalency.  There are two issues: first, your digestive tract acts on each substance differently.  Some make it straight through to your blood, while others only let 5% through, still others can't go through at all (have to be sublingual, transdermal, or injected).  Second, the drug has to already be in a form that can directly pass through the tissues in your mouth into your blood vessels.  Not all drugs can do that.

For resveratrol, Anthony Loera (revgenetics) estimated in this thread that 4mg injected is equivalent to a significant oral dose (perhaps the 500mg from the thread title).  4mg transdermal, carried by DMSO would affect plasma levels similar to a 4mg intramuscular injection, you might need 8mg transdermal to equal a 4mg vascular injection.  Resveratrol in DMSO could be taken as a sublingual liquid. 

You should read up on DMSO before you do this.  It's a significant drug by itself with some actions similar to aspirin, and results in a body and breath odor that many people find unpleasant.  I don't remember how long it lasts, so it might be possible to take 1-2ml DMSO (with up to 32mg t-res) at night and be fine by morning.  Your partner might object to the "new presence" in the bedroom though... :)

I purchased my 99% resveratrol powder from revgenetics.  On his website, Anthony has posted the analysis results from a third party test (he doesn't trust the chinese tests provided by his supplier, which I appreciate).

Thanks for responding. Your info is very helpful.
Have you or anyone here taken resveratrol in DMSO?
Is that the only way it can be taken sublingually?
I am going to do my DMSO research now, but your description of the side effects was enough to discourage me.
There seems to be a need for a sublingual form. I hope somebody develops one.
thanks again

#1253 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

I did some DMSO research and actually am interested in trying it cutaneously,
on the skin, instead of sublingually. It sounds like a perfect transporter for the resveratrol.
They say it smells like garlic which isn't as bad as some other smells it could have been.
Has anyone here tried this method yet? Does the resveratrol powder dissolve in the DMSO?
Does anyone know if it can carry pregnenolone?
I am very interested in the idea of absorbing these supplements through the skin.
Any info anyone has would be much appreciated.
Also, a recommendation for a resource for the DMSO. TIA

#1254 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

Looks like DMSO can be ordered here.

From dmso.org,

In addition, DMSO can carry other drugs with it across membranes. It is more successful ferrying some drugs, such as morphine sulfate, penicillin, steroids, and cortisone, than others, such as insulin. What it will carry depends on the molecular weight, shape, and electrochemistry of the molecules.

How would you know if resveratrol was one of the substances that DMSO ferried into the bloodstream?

Stephen

#1255 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Looks like DMSO can be ordered here.

From dmso.org,

In addition, DMSO can carry other drugs with it across membranes. It is more successful ferrying some drugs, such as morphine sulfate, penicillin, steroids, and cortisone, than others, such as insulin. What it will carry depends on the molecular weight, shape, and electrochemistry of the molecules.

How would you know if resveratrol was one of the substances that DMSO ferried into the bloodstream? Stephen

I heard that it would carry resveratrol sublingually so I am guessing (hoping) it would carry it cutaneously. I would love
to find out for sure. I would think somebody would have tried it by now. I would also like to know if it would carry
pregnenolone. If there is anyone or thread on this forum that might know, please point me in that direction. thanks
for the link. I was over there reading and never realized they actually sold it! duh...

#1256 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

No threads that I know of. Transdermal delivery of supplements seems to me to be cutting edge. I guess the only way to know if this works would be to mix some up, apply it, and measure blood plasma levels. The site I posted sells 120 ml of dimethyl sulfone gel for $16.

Stephen

#1257 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

Resveratrol is less soluble in DSMO than in ethanol. from Sigma-Aldrich by way of Wikepedia:

Solubility in water 0.03 g/L
Solubility in DMSO 16 g/L
Solubility in ethanol 50 g/L

It dissolves poorly in ethanol; 50 g/l is not much. 16g/l is 16mg per milliliter, which is a dropper full in a typical applicator such as herbal extracts are sold in. I think you'd practically have to bath in it to get an effective dose.

#1258 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

16g/l is 16mg per milliliter, which is a dropper full in a typical applicator such as herbal extracts are sold in. I think you'd practically have to bath in it to get an effective dose.

That depends on a great many things. The intestines and first pass of intestinal blood through the liver do a lot to defuse the effect of resveratrol. There's a real possibility that a significantly lower transdermal/sublingual dose would result in significantly higher plasma concentrations than we currently observe from oral dosing.

Earlier in this thread, Anthony was speculating that 4mg injected might be equivalent to an unspecified oral dose (500mg?). If he's right, then 16mg in 1ml of DMSO taken sublingually could be a very significant dose, and a means to amplify our somewhat expensive supplies of resveratrol.

#1259 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

I did some DMSO research and actually am interested in trying it cutaneously,
on the skin, instead of sublingually. It sounds like a perfect transporter for the resveratrol.
They say it smells like garlic which isn't as bad as some other smells it could have been.
Has anyone here tried this method yet? Does the resveratrol powder dissolve in the DMSO?
Does anyone know if it can carry pregnenolone?
I am very interested in the idea of absorbing these supplements through the skin.
Any info anyone has would be much appreciated.
Also, a recommendation for a resource for the DMSO. TIA

I have extensive experience using DMSO in the OzBrew, a Rogaine, MSM, DMSO, L-Arginine mixture applied to the scalp after a week of peeling off the scalp with pure DMSO applied at least several times a day. Yes, the stuff does make you smell and taste garlic. But the amount is dose dependent. There is only one pharmaceutical grade DMSO, RIMSO50, and it's got a single blatter cyst usage. But the industrial grade has been used by athletes, on multi-million dollar horses. Since resveratrol is highly soluble in DMSO, you would not be using enough DMSO to give you much of a smell or taste. Your spouse might not like the smell. If she doesn't have her or you cook with plenty of fresh garlic. Him. If 8 mg. would transdermally would be the equivalent of 500 mg. ingested, I'd buy the purest resveratrol, pull out my gallon jug of DMSO and go to town. Of course wash the area thoroughly before placing DMSO and don't put it on your nads. The stuff can irritate, which is why it's often cut before used in athletics.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1260 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

Could you share with us non-resv-yet people how you knew that dose was too much for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users