- - - - -

In Control

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

My friend wants to know if this product is legit or not. So, would any of you nootropics gurus care to offer an opinion?

www.mdplusstore.com/pdfs/incontrol_ingredients.pdf

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

As with many of these type of products they went with the "proprietary complex", "proprietary blend", which allows them NOT to disclose the amounts of the complex.

Consequently, one has no idea how much of any of the particular ingredients are in there. For example, if there is 5mg of CoQ10, it is worthless. Most likely that is the case, because CoQ10 is expensive, and the temptation to skimp on costly items is high.

That said, if there are adequate amounts of many of the star ingredients in the 'proprietary complex', it could be an AMAZING formula.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

Yeah, on top of the undisclosed amount of ingredients, I've never been a fan of the "kitchen sink" approach in all-in-one formulas. Several of the ingredients need to be taken with meals, several need to be taken without meals, etc.

#4 DJS

• Topic Starter
  • 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

Thanks guys, both of your points make perfect sense.

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:31 AM

hey Don why don't you ask your friend specificially what they are looking for. There are a few good combo products on the market

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 DJS

• Topic Starter
  • 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

He's not a very sophisticated user. I originally gave him the idea and he ran with, but I couldn't see him really having the patience to do more than pop one or two pills in the morning (iow, capping his own 100 pill regiment is not something he would go for).

I really don't feel like doing much research but was curious what everyone here felt about this product. If my friend is curious enough he can check out the relevant fora himself. But thanks for the help guys. [thumb]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users