- - - - -

DHEA & Melationin stimulators

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hello!

I wonder if there is any natural herbs, amino acids or something that stimulates the bodys own natural production of DHEA and melatonin? As I live in a country where these supplements are prescription drugs, I'm looking for natural releasers. Any suggestions?

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

Melatonin - 5-HTP, Tryptophan
DHEA - Pregnenolone (if you can get it)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aikikai

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Thanks shepard,

Pregnenolone is one of these prescription drugs I can't get. Can 3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepandrosterone (7-KETO) stimulate DHEA production? That is one product I can get legally here.

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

7-Keto is a metabolite of DHEA, but it might be useful for what you're looking for.

#5 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:55 AM

Pregnenolone is one of these prescription drugs I can't get

Pregnenolone is a prescription drug in some places?? Where do you live? Your question made me curious about suppliment restrictions in various countries so I checked LEF's page on import restrictions and was surprised to see Canada restricts almost everything, even skin care creams that contain things like Melatonin or DHEA. That's strict!

#6 aikikai

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

Pregnenolone is one of these prescription drugs I can't get

Pregnenolone is a prescription drug in some places?? Where do you live? Your question made me curious about suppliment restrictions in various countries so I checked LEF's page on import restrictions and was surprised to see Canada restricts almost everything, even skin care creams that contain things like Melatonin or DHEA. That's strict!

I live in Sweden, and this country is like Canada, restricts almost everything including creams with DHEA and melatonin. This makes me frustrated, because I have to get prescription from doctors for supplements. I can't even get Piracetam, and with prescription here it is extremley expensive. This makes me wanna move from Sweden to USA, because I can't do what I really want in my longevity regimen.

#7 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

I dont think u need to move so far.
And you can always import gifts from USA or better, UK. dhea is not so easy to find in uk, but u can if u look well and from within EU there is NO customs check.

#8 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

I live in Sweden, and this country is like Canada, restricts almost everything including creams with DHEA and melatonin.

Its definately frustrating, especially when the government will go to the trouble to putting restrictions on products like face cream, but are probably perfectly fine to allow the sale of products like cigarettes which I'm sure have caused more health problems than a bit of DHEA in a moisturizer. But I don't know, maybe Swedes are clogging up the hospitals with bizarre moisturizer accidents.

#9 aikikai

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'm now 24 years old. Is there any reason for me to start with 3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepandrosterone (7-KETO) to maintain youthful levels of DHEA? The levels peaks at 25 and then drops out.

So I'm also wondering if supplementing this would cause any side effects?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

I am 36 right now. Even though my hormone levels started dropping in my mid 20s, I really didn't notice any physical/mental decline until I reached my 30s. I am afraid that if I started taking supps back in my 20s I might have screwed something up. Then again, I am a cautious sort-of fellow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users