adding differend antioxidants togheter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

still an antioxidant effect?

because taking some vitamines in high doses actually increases oxidation, wouldnt that be the case if alot antioxidants are added togheter?

even deprenyl in high doses could shorten life

thx

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

I don't think that mixing antioxidants will cause a problem, as a general rule. I'm not ruling out incompatibilities between specific compounds though. Personally, I often wonder if it is useful to take every antioxidant that comes down the pike. An argument in favor of taking lots of different antioxidants would be that variations in pharmacokinetics would result in some antioxidants preferentially protecting specific tissues, and more chemical diversity would result in better overall coverage. This is of course hypothetical, but seems like a good guess. Arguments against taking lots of different antioxidants center on safety and cost issues.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:11 AM

I guess it also depends on your lifestyle/envionment/metabolism.

I ride a motorbike half the time so am in it with the car fumes, have 2 jobs so am constantly walking around and have an ultrafast metabolism so am burning more fuel quicker. I am not worried about overdoing antioxidants by taking lots of different kinds. And perhaps together they have a synergistic effect as well.

I think taking too much of the one kind all at once can do damage but not smaller amounts of many things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

do you guys know if there is any way to block antioxidants turning in oxidants?
also, doenst the body slow its won antioxidants, wich has been shown with Vitamine C in high doses?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users