Photo
- - - - -

Need help with tardive dyskinesia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hammad76

• 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hello, I am a new member here this is my first post.In 2004 I took a drug called 'motival'.After taking it for 3 weeks I developed tardive dyskinesia and therefore discontinued it.
I want to know if tardive dyskinesia can be cured or not ? If Yes then what supplements would help.Thank you

#2 jdog

• 227 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

I've read about people who've reported that it disappeared after discontinuing the use of their med, but I'm sure their cases weren't to severe.

I've always been under the impression that typically, tardive dyskinesia takes much longer to develop than just 3 weeks. Sorry to hear about that. No clue on supps though..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 fast turtle

• 73 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

8-OH-DPAT (unscheduled, you can order it from chemical suppliers) or another 5HT 1A receptor agonist will reduce/abolish extrapyramidal symptoms induced by antipsychotics.

#4 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hello, I am a new member here this is my first post.In 2004 I took a drug called 'motival'.After taking it for 3 weeks I developed tardive dyskinesia and therefore discontinued it.
I want to know if tardive dyskinesia can be cured or not ? If Yes then what supplements would help.Thank you

If you feel the Motival ( fluphenazine hydrochloride + nortriptyline hydrochloride) may have caused the TD, I might suggest speaking with your doctor to see if TD is a well known side effect. If it isn't, then I'd consider checking to see if you were taking anything else that might have such harmful side effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:22 AM

id think caffeine or other dopamine agent would help ... deprenyl or ... ?
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users