• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Preventable terrorist threat via Supreme Court

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

Idea
I think I may have noticed an easily preventable terrorist threat. Generally discussing these things creates possibility, I think that discussing this idea will reduce the threat.

“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.”

Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921). (1879-1955)

Playboy Magazine tells me that the US Supreme court has allowed illegally obtained evidence to be admissable at court. With the sense that changing rules changes posiibilities I believe they may have briefly opened the US to a threat on functional par with jerrymandering through character assasination.

neutralizing the career of any fortune 1000 CEO or CFO is readily accomplished with illegally produced then obtained evidence. Neutralizing the career of essential tiebreaker representatives or senators is similar. Lets say I simply illegally obtain a blood sample from these thousands of persons. A few will test positive for whatever drug might harm their career. The persons then must scramble to maintain position. A few votes or mergers go differently. What is GE worth

The first thought of an authoritarian government employee might be, well, just make only police illegally aquired evidence admissable. This is actually far more dangerous approaching, creepily, 9/11 severity The reason is this: police agencies of different countries trust each other to provide meaning. French police professionals on a quick $400 flight could produce neutraliizing illegal evidence then submit this as highly trusted evidence from a developed country. The French government has been published a bugging Air France business travellers then passing along the espionage to French firms.

The solution to this terrorist opportunity which is as plannable as say a computer virus terrorist opportunity plus requires less tech savvy is to have the US legislature pass a law prohibiting the use of illegally obtained evidence. I think the FBI should urge government to blunt the supreme court's ruling. A democraticatically controlled house could define the 4th amendment where "illegal==unreasonable" search and seizure.

Edited by treonsverdery, 27 January 2007 - 11:22 PM.

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

You can't blunt the supreme court's ruling. That's why it's "supreme" ;))

The legislature has absolutely no power over defining the 4th amendement without rewriting the amendment and going through all the channels needed to approve a new amendment, and even then it would still be up to the supreme court to enforce it or not.

The supreme court has the ultimate responsibility over interpretation of the constitution and all the amendments there of, as well as every other federal law.

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

I think states have certain definitional powers State laws defining illegal evidence may be effective. statutes are frequently cloned state to state

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users