Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

it is a good one :)

#62 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=339362

Theres a flyer idea in that link.

If somebody wants to, take that lab shot, fade it together with the reaper shot, and add the phrase, "Your money buys his lab ammunition to battle the grim reaper with." With the ImmInst logo and mission statement.

#63 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

Here's my idea for a flyer.

I like this one.

#64 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Here are a few ideas, the translations are just at the bottom. There are just proposals.

Posted Image
* give SENS to your life

Posted Image
*she will have all the time to think about her futur.

Posted Image

*Is it only Love to be eternal
(i don't know the right turn of phrase).

#65 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

I like this ideas ;)

#66 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

I cant read them, but they look like good concepts Fonclea.

Please also try other banner versions. I know we mentioned this in other places, but please to remember to try out different versions of the banner too. On flyers, I forgot to point out before, that emphasizing "Immortality Institute" instead of "ImmInst.org" would work well on things like flyers.

It would not work as well on things like t shirts though, so as many different versions of the banner we can get will be good. We can then use the best of those. Some might not be approved, but we can experiment and find many that will. Many have already. Thanks again for all your help with the art team everybody.

#67 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

I had an idea (i couldn't post it before).

Considering we are also talking to belivers (i do not belive in god but many of my friend and relites do), i have done three flyers as follows.
The main idea is not immortality but life extention.

We live longer so we are buried after 200 years (do you follow me ;) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by .fonclea., 05 October 2009 - 07:02 PM.

#68 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

These are good ideas, and valuable to this topic and the cause, but as Ive been trying to make happen through various requests, we need that ImmInst banner redone so that "Immortality Institute" is taken off, and Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans is bolder, with bright white lettering, and made bigger than the ImmInst.org part. Yours and others ideas, most of them are pretty great, but we are getting snagged on this banner. If somebody can, please update this banner as soon as possible. All of these flyers will benefit immensely from it.

#69 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

To anybody that can help, I need the following flyer designs. If more than one of each are made then we'll use the best one. We may not use a submission, we are looking for particular things here. What would work the best is if a team member here were to pm other art team members and find a few to work with on this list:

Need this puzzle piece concept redrawn so the figures and shapes are original, with imminst logo in the puzzle, and message that says, “Together we achieve the big picture.”
put A.R.U.L. - Advocates & Researchers for Unlimited Lifespans -ImmInst.org, as a set logo on all of these.
Attached File  image_conversationgif.gif   18.61KB   14 downloads

Fund raiser image from the t shirt. Needs the same logo and mission statement added to it.

I cant add that image here right now because the file size is too big. Any party interested in helping create this can find it on the back of the first t shirt, the blue one, at the imminst store at http://cafepress.com/imminst

We need the following picture redone in the same crisp way so we can use it freely. It then also needs the same logo set up, and the rage against the dying of the light poem with the authors name. The poem can be found here: http://www.bigeye.com/donotgo.htm
Then it also needs this phrase:
Your fate is in the palm of its hands, but we are taking back the light.
Attached File  reaperworld.jpg   11.21KB   14 downloads

Aristotle and Homer painting. It needs the logo set up, and then this phrase: Time marches on. RIP Homer, Aristotle, Rembrandt. 4 windows in time.
Attached File  ar.jpg   28.96KB   12 downloads

We need this redone with the same universe set up, same kind of basic background, but a different robot of the same style, so we can freely use the image. It needs the logo set up, they all do, and then it needs this phrase: “We have a chance to continue to experience and see, this grand, gracious, spacious sea, of incredible mystery.”
Attached File  transhuman_universe.bmp   641.65KB   19 downloads

We need the following put on this picture of this painting: “Dr. Aubrey de Grey, of the Strategies for Engineering Negligible Senescence, SENS Foundation ” Then put these quotes,

"The central goal of my work is to expedite the development of a true cure for human aging."

"I think that given sufficient funding we have a 50-50 chance of completely stopping people from dying of old age within about 25 or 30 years from now."

—Aubrey de Grey
Attached File  aubreydegrey.jpg   401.08KB   11 downloads

We need this redone with dirt instead of concrete around the edges. We need the style of the boards changed so its original and we need the sun set picture changed to a good view of the universe. If a person makes this bigger then things could be added in in the style of this:

It needs these 9 lines spread around the page:

We have the chance to know the answers to 8 important questions.

What is the nature of infinity, is it there, or isn’t it?

Is there a god, gods, no god, or something else?

How did we get here?

How did the universe get here?

What all else is out there, can we hover? Is there light speed? Are there aliens, populated galaxies, dimensions, things even greater that we are yet to conceive?

What are all of the forms and extents of all pleasures that we currently know, and that are yet undiscovered?

Can I fulfill a limitless amount of goals, of climbing mountains, owning different things, experiencing different things, and all the rest?

Can I really have the chance to know universal elimination of fallacy, a world that thinks logically all around? With out the prevailing ignorance that our dependence on new generations brings?
Attached File  broken_portal.gif   118.66KB   20 downloads

This needs that logo set up, and the phrase: “You are a portal in to this incredible existence. That portal is broken.”
Attached File  broken_portal.png   342.49KB   12 downloads

We need this redone with an original reaper drawing that is like this, in a cross hairs. It needs the logo set up. It needs the phrase: The grim reaper is a mighty adversary, but there is no Titan greater than the strength of the human will.
Attached File  draft_lens1287319module1671577photo_morticide.png   26.57KB   11 downloads

picture of all the people at sens4, logo and stuff, then this writing:

Picture from the SENS Foundations, Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence (SENS), for human regenerative engineering, Fourth Conference
Queens' College, Cambridge, England
3rd – 7th September, 2009

The file must be too big, it wont load here. This is a direct link to the picture:
http://www.sens.org/.../S4photo_hq.jpg

Edited by brokenportal, 05 October 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#70 rhodeder

• 52 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

I think solbanger had the best ideas. I could possibly turn something similar to that into a design. Can you guys afford Istock.com photos for this?

#71 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

I think solbanger had the best ideas. I could possibly turn something similar to that into a design. Can you guys afford Istock.com photos for this?

Thats a possability. How much are the prices? Is there a sign up fee, and a price per picture?

I need that last list there done for one a particular project. If anybody can do that list then please do consider it.

Edited by brokenportal, 07 October 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#72 rhodeder

• 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

What kind of audience is the advertising in the last list going to be shown to? I think for general public the image should bring a very comforting and inviting feeling to the user. I would probably need just 1 image and that would be around $12 if you want a high quality large poster. There isn't any signup fees. If your up to it i could browse around and give you a selection of compatible images for the design to choose from.

#73 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

What kind of audience is the advertising in the last list going to be shown to? I think for general public the image should bring a very comforting and inviting feeling to the user. I would probably need just 1 image and that would be around $12 if you want a high quality large poster. There isn't any signup fees. If your up to it i could browse around and give you a selection of compatible images for the design to choose from.

That last list there is for a couple of different kinds of audiences, one of the main ones is in house, people that are already or becoming life extensionists.

Yes, please do line up some images to choose from. If they cost then we can consider that. Especially if its a good picture and its only around $12. We are working on trying to get a fund raiser for this art team too, and so if that happens there will be a dedicated fund to make requests like this from too. In the mean time I, or somebody can consider paying for it.

#74 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Rhodeder, thanks for the istock suggestion. The art team has taken your advice and started using them already. If anybody is interested in using an istock photo and wants to know if we'll buy it then propose it here and we can go over it. JML has also linked us to some royalty free sites for consideration too.

JML, Here are the brush ups we need for an official package for the chapters team you wanted to review. The things that are needed get a little complex, can you take this on and maybe lead a few others to help?

Jupiter- “What if we had more time.com” needs to be changed to “What if we had more time?” and it needs an imminst logo listed below, and chapters piece on it someplace.
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=186022

The following all need one of the logos listed below, bigger, and tabbed from the edge, and the chapters piece:

shuttle
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=300852

beat the reaper
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=300361

desert
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=301157

think outside the box
http://www.imminst.o...t...ost&id=6586

Logos:

They all need either this logo here, but this logo needs to be smaller here in comparison to the words and the logo needs to be bluer.
http://www.imminst.o...t...ost&id=7608

or this banner, here, with the all white lettering and the banner going all the way across the page.
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=156483

They all need to have - Find your local chapter at imminst.org/chapters - someplace on them, in plain text just like that.

#75 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

I see that I made some some of them.
I have still the originals on my pc, To edit them won't be a problem. :)
The desert one will be a problem. I need one without text and I want it big, very big if is possible.

#76 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

Here's one bogger made. I just edited the wording to make the grammar better.

Attached File  fall.jpg   101.93KB   13 downloads

#77 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

This poster is from user Youtan Poluo

Attached Files

• like x 1

#78 Youtan poluo

• 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

Where is the colourful border that I put on the poster, it's for some reason missing and I don't know why? Is this part of my restrictions can somebody tell me?

#79 YOLF

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

It probably has something to do with being made in MS Word. You can use the instructions in this article to get a jpeg/PNG file that you can post here. I've done this one for you.

Attached File  100000.PNG   416.19KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users