• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why you should upgrade to Full Membership

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Just want to say thanks to all the people who have become members through the years. Even though we do draw some money through advertising, member contributions are critical to support things such as the Convergence08 conference, the MFURI scholarship, the F@H prize, etc...

In case you haven't checked it out lately, I rewrote the Donate page to more clearly spell out how member contributions help.

Just as crucial as monetary contributions are forum contributions and help with various projects. Thank you for all the help in that regard as well.

Might I suggest having another link somewhere other than "donate" or changing that term? It took me a while of searching before I happened to click on that link when I was looking for the sign-up page. I think of donating money as different than paying for a membership. Maybe it's just me? :)

David

#32 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

Yes, great point--I'd not seen that, thank you David--Mind it would be much more clear if it the link was labeled "Become a member" or "Become an ImmInst Member".

#33 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Yes, great point--I'd not seen that, thank you David--Mind it would be much more clear if it the link was labeled "Become a member" or "Become an ImmInst Member".

Just pinging this issue again. I noticed it today when I was on the home page.

David

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

I've upgraded to full membership over a year ago and so far I love it!

Everyone registered should become a full member! ;)

#35 Wandering Jew

• 104 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

I've been considering upgrading to Full Membership but I'm a bit confused - where does my money go ?

Okay so I know you need money to keep the domain name/server and the technical side, ...

The homepage says imminst is hosted by Canaca.com , according to http://www.canaca.com/ their cheapest site hosting plan is only 3.95 a month and the Gold website hosting plan is $16.95 a month. I guess websites are not expensive to host nowadays. Hopefully some money will be spent on research, projects, donations

#36 Wandering Jew

• 104 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

I see how Imminst needs to support itself. There're slow web pages. I see now BJ said to upgrade the Forums, it costed 2,000 dollars and such.

#37 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

Switch to Hostgator.

#38 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

There is a good chance that the slowness is not due to bandwidth or host, but rather that the system has not been tuned. Multiple people have offered to help, myself included, but we have received no response.

David

#39 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users