Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

NRALA/KRALA or time released ALA

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

Well Alpine, you're real quick in making friends eh?

#32 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

Im starting to realize I know just about as much or more than most of you "gurus". Anyone can read studies. Most of you are just regurgitating shit based on what I have seen. And a lot of it is based on a few studies hah. When it comes right down to it, most of you are clueless as to what you are taking or where it comes from.
Where are the Heavy Hitters of the forum? Please critique my supplement stack in the other thread. I need some quality feedback! I wunna hear from the OrgChem's and the experts!  [tung]

Wow, that sure wasn't very tactful and certainly isn't the right way to get people to take their time to critique your stack. If I had known this was your attitude I wouldn't have responded to your thread.

I never claimed to be an expert. I only pass on relevant studies an interesting snipets that I've read (regurgitating shit). I'd like to think I've found and filtered the shit to get the real gems. I guess that is not appreciated.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

People have firm opinions here about ala and r-ala like the bible belt has firm opinions on abortion or worshipping the devil. Absolute orthodoxy is the rule and never question your elders. Studies done with racemic ala, the ordinary kind, have shown positive results. R-ala has a tendency to polymerize. There is a great deal of hype and profit grabbing going on.

#34 shadowrun

• 327 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

Alpine - Thanks for slapping the vast majority of the community in the face
- We definately need more unappreciative dicks on board

I do appreciate the information you have posted though and I will definately check out that website - Time release v. non time release ALA is something I'm excited to hear discussed in more depth than usual - Challenging the community is a definite plus for all of us. [thumb]

#35 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

So how much lipoic acid should one take a day for it to be worth the money?
1 100mg capsule? Or 5 100mg capsules? Spread out or all at once?? (I have the Doctors Best Na-RALA)

A very confusing supplement :p

#36 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:43 PM

I'm struggling on the "which lipoic acid" to take...

I was going to pick up some AOR SR LA, take them 3x a day with meals.

But some of this thread makes me wonder if it will be effective at all.

#37 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

what about life extentions R-Dihydro-Lipoic Acid? Thats more costly too but how does it compare??

#38 alpine

• 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

Im starting to realize I know just about as much or more than most of you "gurus". Anyone can read studies. Most of you are just regurgitating shit based on what I have seen. And a lot of it is based on a few studies hah. When it comes right down to it, most of you are clueless as to what you are taking or where it comes from.
Where are the Heavy Hitters of the forum? Please critique my supplement stack in the other thread. I need some quality feedback! I wunna hear from the OrgChem's and the experts!  [tung]

Wow, that sure wasn't very tactful and certainly isn't the right way to get people to take their time to critique your stack. If I had known this was your attitude I wouldn't have responded to your thread.

I never claimed to be an expert. I only pass on relevant studies an interesting snipets that I've read (regurgitating shit). I'd like to think I've found and filtered the shit to get the real gems. I guess that is not appreciated.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Especially not you. I appreciate you taking the time to give advice. I'm referring to a lot of posts in general. I have been reading the forums a lot before I finally joined up. All of the responses I got were great except for rfarris. lol that's likely what triggered my little post (immature). Some of the hype and claims I have seen regarding certain products is just silly. People clearly have no idea how the industry really works.

Please don't take this is a slam on any of you in particular. Im referring to some of the poorer posts I have seen over the weeks I have been browsing the forums.

#39 alpine

• 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Well Alpine, you're real quick in making friends eh?

Ya, I don't bite my tongue much. I need to work on my political correctness. :p

Alpine - Thanks for slapping the vast majority of the community in the face
- We definately need more unappreciative dicks on board 

I do appreciate the information you have posted though and I will definately check out that website - Time release v. non time release ALA is something I'm excited to hear discussed in more depth than usual - Challenging the community is a definite plus for all of us.  [thumb]

Again, comments were a bit out of line. I dont mean to insult anyone in particular, especially those who responded to my posts. I have just seen a lot a silly things said/mentioned by some members. Especially in regard to certain compounds or brands. I still stand by the majority of the comments I made previously. I think a lot of people here need a major reality check along with their daily dose of wishful thinking and placebo.

#40 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

"I never claimed to be an expert. I only pass on relevant studies an interesting snipets that I've read (regurgitating shit). I'd like to think I've found and filtered the shit to get the real gems. I guess that is not appreciated."

Health Nutty, to me at least, you and others make a valuable contribution by monitoring the literature and posting concerning relevant research.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#41 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:21 AM

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Especially not you. I appreciate you taking the time to give advice. I'm referring to a lot of posts in general. I have been reading the forums a lot before I finally joined up. All of the responses I got were great except for rfarris. lol that's likely what triggered my little post (immature). Some of the hype and claims I have seen regarding certain products is just silly. People clearly have no idea how the industry really works.

Please don't take this is a slam on any of you in particular. Im referring to some of the poorer posts I have seen over the weeks I have been browsing the forums.

Fair enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users