- - - - -

Resveratrol supplier in/to Sweden?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

Does anyone know of a Swedish resveratrol supplier, or one that's relatively close to Sweden? It would be nice to be able to avoid the shipping fees from the US, which in many cases costs as much as or more than the resveratrol itself. I'm looking for caps with a high RSV content (preferrably at least 100 mg or more).

Thanks.

#2 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

Um, in my experience iHerb has reasonable shipping prices via DHL (aprox. 10% of merchandise value to switzerland) so i kinda like 'em. If you do big enough orders you get enough rebate to virtually offset shipping cost.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hmm...

I would ask you to check the supplement folks in Germany, I have been told they may be able to supply you.

#4 Johan

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hmm...

I would ask you to check the supplement folks in Germany, I have been told they may be able to supply you.

Which folks are you referring to?

#5 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:40 AM

Hmm...

Which folks are you referring to?

Hi there namingway, I also live in Sweden (hej du, kul att se en annan svensk pa det har forumet), been lurking on this interesting forum for a while (it is addictive!). I have wondered the same thing. I think Iherbs country life 100 mg t-res is the most economic way to go.

Offcourse revgenetics should answer this, sorry if I am butting in, but maybe this is the german retailer he is refering to :

http://www.greenpowe...788e9a2c334a1de

As I understand it, it is the american Longevinex product repackaged for the german market. Longevinex have a link to greenpower24 on their site.

*Edited because three swedish letters messed things up*

#6 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

Vitacost has *finally* picked up Country Life Resveratrol Plus. They've also added their own (NSI) 100mg resveratrol product. It's a few pennies more than Country Life. It is strictly t-res, without the pine bark, etc. That may be better or worse, depending on your point of view. In my case, planning on upping the dosage to ~800mg, I think I'd prefer the straight product.

Since Country Life gives me the runs at 400mg, I'll return with a report on the NSI pure product.

#7 Johan

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:45 PM

Thank you for your answers!

Vitacost seems reliable, based on what I've seen written about them on these forums. And if their shipping prices are as low as they say ($4.99 regardless of order size), that might be the best option for me.
edit: Turns out I still have to pay international shipping fees (~$40) if I order from Vitacost. $4.99 seemed a little too good to be true...

fredrik, thanks for the link. I can't read German, though. (Trevligt att det finns fler svenskar har! Jag vet dock inte om sarskilt manga fler an du an.)

Edited by namingway, 06 March 2007 - 09:42 PM.

#8 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Pure what?

"Resveratrol (from 200 mg Polygonum cuspidatum extract standardized to 50% resveratrol) (root) ResveraPure®"

What defines ReservaPure?

Emodin content may be exactly the same....and is a coupa bucks
more expensive than Country Life's version.

"NSI® Resveratrol 100 mg is better because it:

# Is an ideal once-a-day supplement that provides powerful antioxidant protection from free radicals.
# Is available at a much greater value than other resveratrol supplements."

Yuh, sure. Value, eh?

I wish that ConsumerLab.com review would hurry up!

Edited by tintinet, 06 March 2007 - 09:48 PM.

#9 raptor

• 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

Just order it from the US, the exchange rate USD/SEK is low and some companies will declare the package as a gift or mark the value at below 20 USD (to avoid custom duties).

#10 brienq

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

I see conflicting information with Reverapure in that on the NSI supplement facts it states that it has "Resveratrol (from 200 mg Polygonum cuspidatum extract standardized to 50% resveratrol) (root) ResveraPure®",
NSI Resveratrol -- 100 mg - 60 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1.00 Capsule
Servings per container: 60.00

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Resveratrol (from 200 mg Polygonum cuspidatum extract standardized to 50% resveratrol) (root) ResveraPure® 100.00 mg *

*Daily value not established.

http://www.vitacost....SHOPFEED-nextag

However when you go to the Naturex supplier raw material website, manufacturer of the registered trademark product ResveraPure®, they only claim 8% total resveratrols, not even trans:

http://www.naturex.c...tactiv02_gb.htm
Resverapure®
(Huzhang extract)
Polygonum cuspidatum
Standard: 8% Total Resveratrols

It is contradictory information like this that should make us wary of some dietary supplement companies and their so called credibility. It is also insulting to the consumer that these companies are so careless in their documentation of products. I agree we need the Consumer Labs results to know what we are really getting. It makes we wonder where their "values" are and do they only make these
supplements for money sake alone and don't they use these products themselves. I would like to believe in an ideal world that people like us who seek out this information and products to better our health and lives should be the ones to formulate and manufacture supplements to spread the benefits to others.

On another matter, the high levels of emodin also concern me because they are considered cytotoxic, not just laxative. Emodin like resveratrol strongly inhibits angiogenesis for wound healing, inhibits cell growth, inhibits androgen receptors, etc., and while this may seem good for blocking abnormal growth process, ie, prostate cancer cells, this also could have untoward side effects such as diminished wound healing, weakened tendons, ligaments, poor healing of muscle strain, loss of libido, loss of muscle mass from inhibited repair processes, possibly sounds like the syndrome of andropause?? What about increased risk of hemorraghic stroke if blood vessels cannot repair properly. Some inhibition of angiogenesis is valuable to decrease vascular endothelial proliferation and intimal lining thickening that lead to athersclerosis (one benefit of resveratrol), but surely some angiogenesis is needed to maintain vascular integrity and strength. Interestingly, in one animal study resveratrol at a higher dose 20 mg/kg increased both fertility and testosterone levels simulataneously and since it has an anti-aromatase effect could prevent the conversion to estrogen - thus resveratrol may be helpful for andropause, but emodin may not.

"The treated group was administered by gavage 20 mg/(kg . d) of trans-resveratrol suspended in 10 g/L of carboxymethylcellulose for 90 d, whereas the control group received only carboxymethylcellulose during the same period. Serum concentrations of gonadotrophins and testosterone were significantly higher in the resveratrol-treated group. We identified a novel activity of trans-resveratrol. The daily oral administration of this phytochemical to adult male rats enhanced sperm production by stimulating the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, without inducing adverse effects"

Juan ME, Gonzalez-Pons E, Munuera T, Ballester J, Rodriguez-Gil JE, Planas JM.
trans-Resveratrol, a natural antioxidant from grapes, increases sperm output in
healthy rats.
J Nutr. 2005 Apr;135(4):757-60.
PMID: 15795430 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2: Eng ET, Williams D, Mandava U, Kirma N, Tekmal RR, Chen S.
Anti-aromatase chemicals in red wine.
Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Jun;963:239-46.
PMID: 12095950 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#11 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

I´ve found that deliveries from swansonvitamins.com escape customs here in sweden without additional taxes but shipments from vitacost.com don´t. I´ve paid 25% extra of the total order from vitacost. I like swansons because they follow GMP and they use branded ingredients (like pycnogenol) and sells it under their own brand, often cheaper than competitors .

#12 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hej; kul att det finns svenskar här. Swanson verka inte vara så billigt, ca 10 dollar per graml. Det finns alternativ på 1,87 dollar per gram. Jag ser heller inte om swanson använder trans-resveratrol. Annars vilket dos tar du?

En mardröm:
http://www.swansonvi...null&Ntk=Level1

100 Mg 30 Caps SWANSON $29.99 ---> 3 gram altså 10 $ per gram

Edited by thenaturalstep, 07 April 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#13 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

www.lef.org? Perhaps a bit more expensive, but I think that's an insurance of quality. They deliver into Europe through a Denmark based office.

#14 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

www.lef.org? Perhaps a bit more expensive, but I think that's an insurance of quality. They deliver into Europe through a Denmark based office.

You can buy trans-resveratrol for 4 $ for each gram, which is cheaper then what they suggested. But there are many alternatives whoa re much cheaper, like 2 dollar for every capsule. Is it really that expensive to order it from USA to Sweden?

#15 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

I second iHerb. Bought a truckload of good stuff from them over the last six months.
I have a good experience with the carrier DHL from US (I live in Denmark), - customs is much faster, shipping takes 3 days in total, usually. That is awesome.
You got the Country Life's and Doctor's Best 100mg resveratrol products there. iHerb carry lots of reduced Life Extension Foundation products also.

#16 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

hittade följande:
http://www.chromadex...CFR9SZwodFjG-zQ

Det verkade som företaget hade ett kontor i Sverige (vet inte hur det funkar) så jag skickade ett mail:

LGC Promochem - Sweden

LGC Promochem AB
Albanoliden 5, 4 trappor
Box 1737
SE-501 17 BORÅS
Sweden

Tel: +46 (0)33 20 90 60
Fax: +46 (0)33 20 90 79
E-mail: se@lgcpromochem.com

#17 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hej; kul att det finns svenskar här. Swanson verka inte vara så billigt, ca 10 dollar per graml. Det finns alternativ på 1,87 dollar per gram.  Jag ser heller inte om swanson använder trans-resveratrol. Annars vilket dos tar du?

En mardröm:
http://www.swansonvi...null&Ntk=Level1

100 Mg 30 Caps SWANSON $29.99 ---> 3 gram altså 10 $ per gram

It may be seen as rude to start a conversation in swedish here that just a few of us can understand, I don´t know...I started so I´m guilty, but I´m also translating this.

Hej på dig! Ja, vi verkar vara några stycken här (och en dansk, hej på dig kenj). Me like.

Du har rätt, Swanson är inget bra alternativ just vad det gäller resveratrol, men bra när det gäller basics som C-, B och D-vitamin (och nä, D-vitamin är INTE ett hormon som en del här påstår utan det omvandlas till aktivt D i njurarna och fäster vid receptorer till olika celler i kroppen, vilket kan beskrivas som en hormonliknande aktivitet).

Jag ska beställa alfaliponsyra, acetyl-l-karnitin, vitamin C och D från swansons för jag vill inte betala 25% i tullavgift. Resveratrol väntar jag med till consumerlabs rapport och de efterföljande diskussionerna här. Jag är 30 år och har högre HDL värde än LDL, låga triglycerider, lågt blodtryck, lågt faste insulin och blodsocker (mestadels vegansk, relativt kalorisnål kost) så jag har ingen direkt brått med resveratrol känner jag.

Håller med de andra, Iherb verkar vara det bästa stället att beställa resveratrol från.

And in english:

Hi there! Yes, there seem to be a few of us swedes around here (and a danish guy, hi there kenj). Me like.

You´re right, swansons is not a good option for purchasing resveratrol, but they´re good for the basic vitamins like C, B and D (no, vitamin D is NOT a hormone, contrary to what some people claim, but it transforms to activated D in the kidneys and then you can say it has hormone like effects because it travels through the blood stream and attaches to D receptors in various cells).

I´m about to order alpha lipoc acid, acetyl-l-carnitine, ascorbic acid and cholecalciferol from swansons because I don´t want to pay 25% in taxes on top of the total order. I´m gonna wait with the resveratrol until I´ve read consumerlabs report and get the feedback from other more knowledgeable persons on this board.

I´m 30 years old and my HDL is higher than my LDL, low triglycerides, low blood pressure, low fasting insulin and blood sugar (eating a mostly vegan diet, relatively calorie restricted) so I´m in no rush to get going with resveratrol yet.

I agree with the others, Iherb seem to be a good place to order resveratrol from.

Edited by fredrik, 07 April 2007 - 04:44 PM.

#18 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

Tbqh i hadn't thougth about the taxes, yes that is not good. I am quite sure there are no taxes from EU thus. But this makes it more complicated ...

Also iherb isn't that located in USA? which would mean taxes on 25% ....

This was much worse then i thougth :( ...

#19 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

I give up:

4,53 dollar per gram, in norway
http://urteapoteket....ratrol&x=12&y=6
More information here ” http://www.smartbomb.../sb081582.html”

I guess iherb is best even with the 25% and the shipping cost :( ...

#20 siberia

• 91 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hm, I ordered some stuff from relentless improvement once, and I don't think that there was any 25% of total order value duty when entering Swedish soil, if that is what you dread. So I guessed that the customs simply didn't tax those items, though now I see that Fredrik's order had been when from vitacost. Can someone here enlighten me about during which circumstances such a tax would be imposed on you when importing, if not always?

#21 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

I was thinking this could be intresting for our swedish guest:

http://www.iherb.com...s&pid=DRB-00171
Sidan har rabbat: 6% Thank You Discount (2% for orders up to 119.99, 4% for 120 to 239.99, 6% for 240.00 or more)

Vikt 2,2 lb för 20 stycken
Fraktkostnad: DHL - International: $23.85
20 burkar med 1200 tabletter totalt. Detta kommer att kosta 1 631,34 kr (det innebär att du kan ta en daglig dos på 300 mg i ett år, eller 100mg i 3,2 år)
Nu är frågan om man kommer undan tullen på 25% annars blir det 2039,175

#22 capsule_guy

• 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone know of a Swedish resveratrol supplier, or one that's relatively close to Sweden? It would be nice to be able to avoid the shipping fees from the US, which in many cases costs as much as or more than the resveratrol itself. I'm looking for caps with a high RSV content (preferrably at least 100 mg or more).

Thanks.

Namingway. We just added resveratrol to the site and we do ship to sweden as well.

Best regards,

CC

www.customcapsule.com

#23 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

.......On another matter, the high levels of emodin also concern me because they are considered cytotoxic, not just laxative. Emodin like resveratrol strongly inhibits angiogenesis for wound healing, inhibits cell growth, inhibits androgen receptors, etc., and while this may seem good for blocking abnormal growth process, ie, prostate cancer cells, this also could have untoward side effects such as diminished wound healing, weakened tendons, ligaments, poor healing of muscle strain, loss of libido, loss of muscle mass from inhibited repair processes, possibly sounds like the syndrome of andropause?? What about increased risk of hemorraghic stroke if blood vessels cannot repair properly. Some inhibition of angiogenesis is valuable to decrease vascular endothelial proliferation and intimal lining thickening that lead to athersclerosis (one benefit of resveratrol), but surely some angiogenesis is needed to maintain vascular integrity and strength. Interestingly, in one animal study resveratrol at a higher dose 20 mg/kg increased both fertility and testosterone levels simulataneously and since it has an anti-aromatase effect could prevent the conversion to estrogen - thus resveratrol may be helpful for andropause, but emodin may not.

Does anyone else have an opinion about risks associated with emodin in resveratrol?

#24 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

Bingo! ... Let the king handle it my swe m8's ;) ...

Hej ****,

Vi är återförsäljare för Chromadex-produkter så det går utmärkt att beställa från oss. Normal leveranstid är 14 dagar. Av Chromadex hemsida framgår dock att de f.n. inte har den artikeln du frågar efter i lager. Det rör sig om en förpackning på 1 kg. Jag har sänt en förfrågan till Chromadex beträffande leveranstid och återkommer så snart jag har besked.

Med vänlig hälsning/Sincerely yours,

#25 valjean

• 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:14 AM

You can try BioForte from Biotivia and ask Mr. James Betz to send it from the EU before
placing your order. They have a good price and if you can avoid Tax Fees when
sending from within the EU this will make it a cost effective option.

#26 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:40 AM

Europe's Greenpower Longevinex does sell to all countries of the EU, but still is the 40mg version though. Should email them to get the 100mg version!

If you want 100mg per capsules, I'd just buy Country Life Resvertrol Plus:

http://www.iherb.com...px?c=1&pid=7394

I put 2 bottles of Country Life Resveratrol and put Sweden in. It says:

USPS - AirMail (International): $15.78 for shipping

For 10 bottles is:

DHL - International: $34.80 Usually Takes 2-5 days, with tracking

I wouldn't use Doctor's Best. They've been dinged on other supplements, and pulled them off the market. I don't buy any of their stuff.

Iherb.com doesn't charge any sales tax even on California residents where they are located they absorb the cost. Which should mean an additional discount for people outside California!!! Wishful thinking I guess. But, they use to charge California just half the sales tax rate now Iherb absorbs the whole thing.

Edited by mirian, 17 June 2007 - 06:16 PM.

#27 asnufu

• 67 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

Anyone here who cares to comment on the Doctor's Best brand being substandard ? It's on my top 5 brand name list, always heavily discounted over at iHerb.com, and have some pretty decent formulations IMHO, so I would like to some second opinions on Mirian's pooh-pooh'ing them ?

#28 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:19 PM

Quality brands like Jarrow personally goes to their supplier, even if it's in China.

Some supplement companies don't have the resources to do this. Best to stick with the larger companies that have doing this 30 years like Jarrow than some fly by night website that opens shop for resveratrol. They might talk GMP, but what evidence of reassurance do they really provide?

#29 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

RevGenetics, has an 'international orders webpage' for international orders we have filled, send me an email if you are still looking, and I will add Sweden to the list.

The link to the 'international orders' webpage is found in the regular RevGenetics orders page toward the bottom.

Anthony

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 scorpe

• 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

I am from Holland and normally order my resveratrol (country life) from the US. Once I had to wait 4-5 weeks as it was hold by customs. Two weeks ago I thought I give Biotivia a try and bought 3 bottles (250mg trans) and received them about 5 days later from Spain. Last week I received a letter from a transport company GLS (General logistics Systems) that there was a package from Singapore with a request to fill a customs form and I had to pay some clearence cost. With my first package from Spain there was a letter with an email adress in case I had concerns or questions about their product. I sent an email about what was going on and very quickly I got a reply that something had went wrong. I did not want to receive the package and James from Biotivia told be I could not accept the package and let it return to Singapore. I called GLS explain the situation and they told me that the package will be returned to sender. After that I emailled James again and very quickly he refunded my credit card and emailled me the confimation. A mistake can happen but I am glad that James from Biotivia helped me so good to solve the problem and gave me a positive feeling so I would not hestitate to order again from them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users