Photo
- - - - -

Rhodiola

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

Whenever I take rhodiola, it makes me feel good, yet tired as well. The tired feeling is a little overwhelming. It doesn't matter if I take 250mg or 500mg, it is the same. Also, the rhodiola makes any anxiety that normally results from caffeine, completely nill. I also don't get any comedowns throughout the day from coffee that I would normally have whilst on rhodiola. I am thinking that I may just get rid of the rhodiola or take it in the evening.

I always read that rhodiola usually gives people energy. I get the opposite. What do you think is the cause of this, and has this happened with any of you? thanks

#2 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:25 AM

I took it for a while, but noticed no effect. It may be that I had a poor quality product without much, if any, efficacy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

I always read that rhodiola usually gives people energy.  I get the opposite.  What do you think is the cause of this, and has this happened with any of you?  thanks

This is common with adaptogens. It will eventually give you energy or just not make you sleepy. Taking it at night until it interferes with your sleep would be fine. That is what I did with ashwagandha.

#4 dillon

• 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

"I always read that rhodiola usually gives people energy. I get the opposite. What do you think is the cause of this, and has this happened with any of you? thanks"[/quote]

Paradoxically, Rhodiola increases energy at low doses (100 mg, once or twice per day).

At higher doses (and most common supplements come in 250-500mg capsules), it functions as a general adaptogen, but does NOT increase energy.

Also, it is generally suggested that one take a two week hiatus from the herb, every six weeks, in order to maintain it's effectiveness.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 narcissistic

• 110 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

it hade no efect what so ever on me. the chine’s us it because of its ability to boost sex drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users