• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Christian Communism

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

What happens if the children don't follow the parents footsteps? Would the children be punished until they believed?

If the children are provided with a communal education as well as instruction in God's law and Christ's teachings they'll do better than their parents. Children in Israel's kibbutzim did real well, for a time, under a communal education that lacked specific instruction in God's law and Christ's teachings. Notice the quote from the book Kibbutz Goshen: An Israeli Commune in the post above, at http://www.imminst.o...=0. They would do even better under a proper religious teaching with the goal of teaching God's law and Christ's teachings to such an extent that punitive practices would be rendered unnecessary. They would be able to internalize the teachings - that support and enhance their communal education - so well that punishments of any type would become obsolete.

Are the children spanked? "Spare not the rod!" (Pr 13:24)

This doesn't mean physical punishment. It means the rod of discipline or serious instruction. The Bible requires that the children be regularly taught God's law so they can live a long and fruitful life. See, for example, Deuteronomy 6:1-9. The perfect law of God brings freedom when studied and practiced with serious intent. See James 1:25.

My bottom is still sore from all the spankings!  It didn't help, I'm still the same!

I hear you on this! Punishment is no good for children or adults for that matter. It's ineffective and can produce unwanted side effects like rebellion and retaliation. Checkout my post, at http://www.imminst.o...=0, where I quote a Buddhist monk from a Wikipedia entry that no longer exists. The monk recognized and described the problem correctly in my opinion.

If you ever get a chance read the Children of the Dream, by Bruno Bettelheim. This book caused me to see the kibbutz - with the right Bible education - to be the solution to crime and delinquency and other world problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users