- - - - -

Resveratrol Effects update

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

Excellent news Maxwatt!

How are you guys dosing your resveratrol? I'm thinking of taking mine 2x a day rather than in my water throughout the day.

#32 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

divided dose, morning and afternoon; I found I had trouble getting to sleep if I gook it to late in the day. About 1.2 g /day currently; started at .4g, worked up to 1.8g, dropped back to 1.2g.

And of course something might be wrong with my Cardiocheck meter; perhaps it is inconsistent. I'll celebrate when I get my next lab tests.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 austix

• 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Obvious question. What are the best sources for resveratrol

#34 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

My LDL/HDL scores:

09-Nov-06, 40mg T-Res, 155/47
26-Jan-07, 140mg T-Res, 119/55
03-Apr-07, 480mg T-Res, 87/60

Before Nov-06 I'd been taking 40mg of tres for at least six months.  Shortly thereafter I began to take 140mg/day.  By the end of January I had bumped it up to 480mg/day.  Not bad.

Those are some pretty significant numbers, results like that would be a pharmaceutical companies dream. Lowering of LDL by over 40% with an increase in HDL by over 25% with no changes in diet, exercise and supplements other than Resveratrol. I mean really amazing.

#35 markymark

• Topic Starter
  • 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

I would like to ask everbody here, who has before and after TRESV-levels of testosteron to post them.
I myself found surprisingly high total testoterone levels > 10 ng/ml [normal range 2.5-8.5 ng/ml] A control five days later without 7-keto DHEA and Pregnenolone revealed 9.2 ng/ml still. All that happens after 4 weeks on 250 mg TRESV from a 25 % Polygonum c. extract 500 mg capsules.
There are confounding (regarding this therory) "supplements" im my regimen though, which might also have an influence on testosterone such as a very small dosage of 7-keto DHEA (5 mg) on 5 of 7 days and pregnenolone 30 mg on approx. 4 of 7 days. However I took these small dosages of the two pro-hormones already before TRESV and testosteron ranged between 5.6-7.0 as it shoud for a 42 yr old male.
Equation: TRESV = aromatase inhibitor = elevation of testosteron?
so, anyone with testosteron blood levels out there?
mm

#36 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:07 AM

No levels, but action of TRESV as aromitase inhibitor resulting in increased TT makes physiologic sense, and similar findings have been reported for other aromitase inhibitors like 6-OXO and
Arimidex:

"The study will evaluate the research hypothesis that inhibition of aromatase will result in improvements in sperm density, as well as secondary semen analysis parameters (e.g. morphology and motility). Supporting endocrine data will be obtained as part of this clinical protocol that we expect will show an increase in testosterone, LH and FSH levels and a decrease in estrogen levels associated with active treatment."

#37 markymark

• Topic Starter
  • 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

I do not think, that TRESV is as potent as Arimidex. However, a lots of the reported beneficial- and side effects of TRESV would find an explanation, if a significant increase in testosteron turns out to be a TRESV effect.

Increased excercise capacity and improved regeneration after hard workouts, decreased need for sleep or even problems in sleeping a whole night, better mood, etc.
are all typically for luxorious testosteron levels...
mm

#38 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

Well, increased T is certainly what the body builder supplement producers are claiming (Biotest, USPLabs, etc.) for their resveratrol supplements.

#39 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

Great news maxwatt and rfarris,
I really want to recommend tresv to my diabetic grandfather, but I am slightly worried that it won't work and don't care for recommending a more controversial sup....

#40 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

I've noticed slightly more aggressive behavior in myself lately. I have no idea if this is because of the rsv let alone elevated testosterone. My mood is good and I get more done but I'm a little more likely to get angry or be pushy. Might be something else.

#41 fearfrost

• 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

Not to just be jumping on the bandwagon here, but I also have to admit to noticing a similar temperament as xanadu as of late.

#42 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

No kidding you all finally realized that RSV makes you more agressive.
Wait till you start trying moderate exercise.
My wife and I race around everyone else like a bunch of teenagers.
And we are in our 50's
We were doing 6 to 12 miles a day in the summer of fast pace walking on the boardwalk in AC.
You'll get use to it.
If you experience the facial red flushes go into a restroom and wet a paper towel with cold water and wet your face and head.
It turns redder and then cools off.

Have fun!

Alex

#43 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

BUMP
maxwatt suggested placing this comment here...

My father (92 years) ran out of the 99% resveratrol powder
for a week and used the R300 until the powder arrived.
He said the R300 didn't relieve his back pain and he suffered with it until
he received the powder the day before yesterday. He said when he took the powder
(about 500 mg orally in sour cream - he hates milk)
he experienced dramatic relief from his arthritic back pain -
within a very short time.

ETA~I just thought of another subtle improvement since taking restreverol. Before, I would
get "sitting too long backaches" where I could barely stand and straighten up.
I could usually stretch it out but it would ache for a while, and if
I was under any kind of stress at the time, I could be debilitated by it.
The past couple of months....no more sitting too long backaches when I sit too long.

I

#44 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

In addition to major relief from arthritic pain and stiffness, the varicose vein on my leg seems to have disappeared. From what I've read, they don't spontaneously go away. You have to cut them out. Mine is gone. I was taking off my sicks and realized I hadn't seen it in many weeks. I've been taking large doses of resveratrol for a year, Coincidence? Maybe.

Edited by maxwatt, 08 January 2008 - 02:32 AM.

#45 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

I've noticed slightly more aggressive behavior in myself lately. I have no idea if this is because of the rsv let alone elevated testosterone. My mood is good and I get more done but I'm a little more likely to get angry or be pushy. Might be something else.

I've definitely noticed increased aggression. Very strange. I was not sure it was resveratrol related but maybe it is. The aggression has helped my sprinting and I've worn out some of my cycling buddies :) I did reach a personal best on a 1300ft hill climb near my house since I started using DMSO/resveratrol. I beat my best pretreatment ride time by 8%. I certainly can not rule out placebo effect though. I also started using DMSO/resveratrol paste on a tendon on the back of my right knee that had long term low level pain in and felt about 80% better after a couple weeks (placebo?). After about three weeks of knee treatment I blew my right knee out (non-medical term for bad pain under knee cap) while doing an all out sprint on my bike. I stopped using resveratrol on my knee and I'm back to 2g resv/milk/mirilax and 1/5 gram in my belly button with DMSO. It is possible that the DMSO/resv weakened my knee as I have not had previous problems in that area from cycling. Just a guess but I'll throw it out there and see if anyone else has similar experiences. I hope to start riding again later in the week but it will be touch and go.

#46 bodyhacker_com

• 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

CT scan, eh? Like whole body screen?

Ya sure ya wanna: Risk/Benefit?

No, I want a CT Scan of my heart
This is a new test that shows calcium plaque deposits and rates you
with a number from 0 to 400
0 is a newborn and 400 is you are having a heart attack

You can see the actual calcium deposits on your heart.
Requires iodine dye injection

Google Heart CT Scan

You may want to consider going with the FDA approved Electron Beam CT scan if you do follow through with calcium scoring. Far less radiation (in cardiac testing at least) and the low Agatston score you’re likely to receive will carry more weight.

Calcium scores from helical (multi-slice/multi-detector row--same thing) compared to EBT (electron beam) CT have high correlation; except in low score candidates <11 Agatston score. There doesn’t appear to be an optimal threshold consensus for the number of pixels constituting a lesion on multi-detector CT’s. EBT’s on the other hand use 130 HU (Hounsfield Units) for threshold attenuation.

Study comparing EBT and Multi-Slice CT
http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_DocSum

See study questioning validity of low calcium scores between modalities:
http://radiology.rsn.../full/230/2/397

64 slice CT’s are proving valuable. The 256 slice machine will be out soon capable of scanning the heart within a single beat.
See study:
http://circ.ahajourn...ourcetype=HWCIT

Radiation dose comparing 16 and 64 slice (multi-detector) CT machines with contrast dye.
See study:
http://www.circ.ahaj...ull/113/10/1305
The overall effective dose estimate of cardiac CT
16 Slice: 6.4±1.9 mSv
64 Slice: 11.0±4.1 mSv (P<0.01).
Multiply Sievert x100 to convert to Rem

Worth inquiring about ECG-dependent dose modulating algorithms that reduced radiation dose by 40%/37% and x-ray tube voltage reductions further lowering the dose to 53%/64% respectively, UNLESS you have a history of arrhythmias or need the highest possible image quality throughout the cardiac cycle. Something to discuss with your doctor and/or radiological technician.

You should start a thread on the topic to discuss further.

that is some good information. well done.

#47 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

I would like to ask everbody here, who has before and after TRESV-levels of testosteron to post them.
I myself found surprisingly high total testoterone levels > 10 ng/ml [normal range 2.5-8.5 ng/ml] A control five days later without 7-keto DHEA and Pregnenolone revealed 9.2 ng/ml still. All that happens after 4 weeks on 250 mg TRESV from a 25 % Polygonum c. extract 500 mg capsules.
There are confounding (regarding this therory) "supplements" im my regimen though, which might also have an influence on testosterone such as a very small dosage of 7-keto DHEA (5 mg) on 5 of 7 days and pregnenolone 30 mg on approx. 4 of 7 days. However I took these small dosages of the two pro-hormones already before TRESV and testosteron ranged between 5.6-7.0 as it shoud for a 42 yr old male.
mm

Aha! Good feedback. A cautious guess: perhaps, partly, an explanation for the immunosuppressive effects possibly derived from rsv.

#48 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

Here's my update. Been taking more than 500mg for several months. Started at 232lbs. Down to 207. Started losing weight by having slightly smaller meals, cut out the extra snack before bed. I was a bit hungry in the beginning after 7pm, but soon got used to it. Now the weight is coming off steadily, with surprisingly little effort. No exercise at all. Concerned about losing muscle, so I am starting some mild resistance training and aerobic shortly. I am 6', above average musculature.

Some bloodwork came back recently. I take lipitor. Lipids were all out of whack, typical metabolic syndrome, high BP, low HDL, high LDL, very high triglycerides. Responded well to 20mg Lipitor, LDL went to 80, tri's came down some but need alot of work. HDL needs work too. Hoping the exercise will help out. Anyway, t-res has had no effect on blood lipids. My BP has come down into normal range. It was 140/90 even on meds, but now its 120/85. Hoping for further reductions with more weight loss and exercise.

#49 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:04 AM

Here's something I have noticed. At times after my dose, I think I feel cold. For instance, I took 1.5 g about 3 hours ago. Same temperature now as then, 72 F in my home. I remember then I felt warm, a bit too warm. Now, I am feeling cold. I want to turn up the heat. My clothing has not changed.

Anyone else notice this?

#50 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

mm

No pre sup numbers but I did get tested about 1 1/2 years ago at 7.31 ng/ml. I was taking about 300 mg a day at the time.

#51 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

Here's something I have noticed. At times after my dose, I think I feel cold. For instance, I took 1.5 g about 3 hours ago. Same temperature now as then, 72 F in my home. I remember then I felt warm, a bit too warm. Now, I am feeling cold. I want to turn up the heat. My clothing has not changed.

Anyone else notice this?

Not really, I'm always cold! CR, etc. But, Paul McGothin reported basal body temperature lowering due to Longevinex supplementation, years ago. I noticed no change in my basal (waking) body temp. when I first started Longevinex, and, although I'm now taking grams of t-resv. per day, I've not repeated the self-study.

#52 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

Anyone else notice this?

Not really, I'm always cold! CR, etc. But, Paul McGothin reported basal body temperature lowering due to Longevinex supplementation, years ago. I noticed no change in my basal (waking) body temp. when I first started Longevinex, and, although I'm now taking grams of t-resv. per day, I've not repeated the self-study.

Maybe it's age.I don't know. Don't remember getting mini flashes like this.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#53 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

Update on 92 yr. old father:
Dad had numbness in right hand prior to taking resveratrol.
Numbness that was making it difficult for him to hold a pen.
After taking resveratrol, the degree of numbness slowly decreased.
He started taking Res in late November. He still hasn't tried it with DMSO.
I think I might have convinced him to try it that way today on his hand.
He figures since I'm still around and I've been doing it, he'll give in and try.
Will add the result tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users