Photo
- - - - -

Top 5 Anti-Oxidants

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 ageless

• 219 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

Thanks guys... I've read some about Astaxanthin awhile back, but never looked into it more until now. I'm looking forward to incorporating it into my regimen. Sounds like it has lots of potential.

#32 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Curious. I didn't know that about astaxanthin. The good news is that I've been taking it for over two years, but now I have even more reason to continue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

Thanks Curious.  I didn't know that about astaxanthin.  The good news is that I've been taking it for over two years, but now I have even more reason to continue.

Duke, it seems like you are taking everything that is shown to be effective (and for at least two years before it gets 'trendy') ;)

#34 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

Duke - just curious... What was your reason for taking it?

#35 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

I started taking it because it provides good protection for the brain and eyes, if I remember right. Plus, its protection against fat oxidation. Its anti-atherosclerosis benefit is a significant reason to like it a lot more.

In the past, I've been an early adopter on a lot of supplements like this one, if there appears to be no downside. I started in 1998 with about 30 supps, and have been ramping up and improving ever since (currently around 100 pills daily).

#36 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

I started taking it because it provides good protection for the brain and eyes, if I remember right.  Plus, its protection against fat oxidation.  Its anti-atherosclerosis benefit is a significant reason to like it a lot more.

In the past, I've been an early adopter on a lot of supplements like this one, if there appears to be no downside.  I started in 1998 with about 30 supps, and have been ramping up and improving ever since (currently around 100 pills daily).

Hey duke what do your cholesterol numbers look like if you don't mind my asking?

#37 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

It's been six months plus since my last blood test, and back then they were 78 HDL and 107 LDL. I'm having my VLDL tested next week, and far more important figure than LDL.

#38 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

"Improving" might be a malapropism given the epidemiological study results regarding most supplements, ISTM. (Although, I admit to being on a par with Duke's supplement "abuse/addiction/habit/regimin."

#39 AlbertN

• 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

I posted this in a different thread and I'm curious what you guys have to say about Glutathione supplementation. At GluthathioneScience.com, Dr. Demopoulos claims that his version of glutathione gets into the cells.

Albert

#40 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:02 AM

Even if we assume he is correct (I haven't looked into it), why risk it when there are alternatives? I imagine his supplement is quite expensive, as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#41 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

Zoolander weighed in on this topic in his blog (excellent read btw):

http://www.health-hacker.com/?p=17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users