Photo
- - - - -

TA Sciences announces TA-65

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

I think they tried to use TA 65 as a cancer drug?, it failed so they rebounded with the youth movement.

Do you have a reference for this?

Extract of Astragalus membranaceus root was studied VERY extensivly by Geron. They did indeed find that it had EXTREME telomerase activation properties both through topical and in vivo applications. You seriously have to read the findings replete with things like. "25pg/ml of extract produced a telomerase activity at 170% of control"! and regarding cancerous cells "...extract was shown not to increase telomerase activity in KB carcinoma cells, where such activity is already expected to be high... telomerase activity was in fact lower in... treated cells... than in the untreated cells"! It's left me agog! :eek:

Check it out at the European Patent Office site and look up Geron's patent number: WO2004US20363 20040625 entitled FORMULATIONS CONTAINING ASTRAGALUS EXTRACTS AND USES THEREOF and read the description section it's a real mind blower!

What seems to have happened is that Geron has stepped to the serious anti-cancer and medical treatment side of their findings (to patent, make money, and keep their reputation) while they've licensed "TA Sciences" the synthetic copy "TA-65" molecule that Geron synthesized of the active compound from the Astragalus membranaceus root extract.

Not the reference I was looking for , but a start. I can't remember where I read it, but I will find it and post it here.

Edited by craigb527, 13 October 2007 - 06:09 PM.

#62 jamesagreen

• 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

For a review of small molecule telomerase activators and inhibitors, see
http://greenwood.s5....notes3.html#81s, and also
http://greenwood.s5....gevity.html#(7) for a general discussion of the problem
of telomerase activation and inhibition in life extension therapy.
I was pleased to get the first TA Sciences newsletters in 2007 from Greta Blackburn specifying
a mean telomere length increase of 230 base pairs in granulocytes (an immune cell that circulates in the blood)
after 3 months of treatment at 5 mg/day of TA-65, which I suspect is cycloastragenol based
on Geron patent literature. Note that TA Sciences, using 5 mg/day TA-65 (cycloastragenol?)
on a 3-month-on, 3-month-off cycle for a year measures 460 bp/year telomere growth in blood granulocytes,
while aging normally subtracts about 50 bp/year, so that on TA-65 the telomere biotimer moves backwards in time
about 9 times as fast as it goes forwards when "aging". Thus one can devise a treatment strategy that nets about a decade of life
for each year invested, as far as numbers of available cell divisions are concerned. Geron published its milestone document
Compositions and Methods for Increasing Telomerase Activity in 2005. It is online at
http://v3.espacenet....530ecb46d14e48b .
I found it by doing extensive searching in the Spring of 2007 after visiting the TA Sciences site,
which mentioned that TA-65 was obtained from astragalus extract. Several other groups were working on telomerase
activators, such as the Biogerontology group in St. Petersburg that discovered the pineal gland bioregulator associated
with telomere homeostasis, epitalon, or Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly. By now I have listed about 30 telomerase activators and
perhaps 25 telomerase inhibitors, and have concluded that cyclic telomerase activation similar to the Patton Protocol
might be implemented in two-week pulses, two weeks on telomerase activators without telomerase inhibitors,
and subsequently two weeks without telomerase activators but including telomerase inhibitors like resveratrol,
quercetin, curcumin, vitamin E, green tea, garlic, and fish oil. Some of these telomerase inhibitors have desirable
properties that we don't want to miss out on, so a tight cycle has some advantages. I note that telomerase
activators keep telomerase turned on from 24 hours after application to up to 75 hours after stopping activation.
I have been trying to use 5 mg/day of astragalosides from GAIA Astragalus extract in experiments,
and have been considering using 10 mg/day in two 5 mg doses, since 5 mg of astragalosides conveys a palpable
tingle or turn-on when taken without breakfast or just before bedtime. TA-65 would probably be superior, because
it is the smallest astragaloside molecule that activates telomerase. Astragaloside iv may evidently also be used at 50-100 mg/day,
and I note that chitin makes astragaloside iv in astragalus extract more bioavailable. Of course, controlled
experiments need to be done to get a feel for the results that can be obtained with commercially available
telomerase activators, and TA Sciences has made a great contribution in this direction.

Edited by jamesagreen, 11 January 2008 - 08:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

James,

So, are you convinced that Astragaloside IV is the active component of TA-65? There was some debate on here as to which component of Astragalus was active. Is Astragaloside IV a polysaccharide or an isoflavone or what is its designation.

The reason I ask is that I have been taking 1 gram of Astragalus standardized to 4% isoflavones in daily divided doses since I first looked into the TA-65 product. I do know where to get Astragalus standardized to 70% polysaccharides.

Which product do you think would be better, and do you think that the 4% isoflavone product contains any Astragaloside IV?

~E

#64 jamesagreen

• 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

I was pleased to get the first TA Sciences newsletters in 2007 from Greta Blackburn specifying
a mean telomere length increase of 230 base pairs in granulocytes (an immune cell that circulates in the blood)
after 3 months of treatment at 5 mg/day of TA-65, which I suspect is cycloastragenol based
on Geron patent literature. Note that TA Sciences, using 5 mg/day TA-65 (cycloastragenol?)
on a 3-month-on, 3-month-off cycle for a year measures 460 bp/year telomere growth in blood granulocytes,
while aging normally subtracts about 50 bp/year, so that on TA-65 the telomere biotimer moves backwards in time
about 9 times as fast as it goes forwards when "aging". Thus one can devise a treatment strategy that nets about a decade of life
for each year invested, as far as numbers of available cell divisions are concerned. Geron published its milestone document
Compositions and Methods for Increasing Telomerase Activity in 2005. It is online at
I found it by doing extensive searching in the Spring of 2007 after visiting the TA Sciences site,
which mentioned that TA-65 was obtained from astragalus extract. Several other groups were working on telomerase
activators, such as the Biogerontology group in St. Petersburg that discovered the pineal gland bioregulator associated
with telomere homeostasis, epitalon, or Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly. By now I have listed about 30 telomerase activators and
perhaps 25 telomerase inhibitors, and have concluded that cyclic telomerase activation similar to the Patton Protocol
might be implemented in two-week pulses, two weeks on telomerase activators without telomerase inhibitors,
and subsequently two weeks without telomerase activators but including telomerase inhibitors like resveratrol,
quercetin, curcumin, vitamin E, green tea, garlic, and fish oil. Some of these telomerase inhibitors have desirable
properties that we don't want to miss out on, so a tight cycle has some advantages. I note that telomerase
activators keep telomerase turned on from 24 hours after application to up to 75 hours after stopping activation.
I have been trying to use 5 mg/day of astragalosides from GAIA Astragalus extract in experiments,
and have been considering using 10 mg/day in two 5 mg doses, since 5 mg of astragalosides conveys a palpable
tingle or turn-on when taken without breakfast or just before bedtime. TA-65 would probably be superior, because
it is the smallest astragaloside molecule that activates telomerase. Astragaloside iv may evidently also be used at 50-100 mg/day,
and I note that chitin makes astragaloside iv in astragalus extract more bioavailable. Of course, controlled
experiments need to be done to get a feel for the results that can be obtained with commercially available
telomerase activators, and TA Sciences has made a great contribution in this direction.
Since March 2009 I have substituted 6 x 200 mg/day Solaray Astragalus Root Extract (1200 mg/day) in order to approach
5 mg/day astragalosides. This dose satisfies my toxicology checks and initial calculations showed that 5 mg/day astragalosides
might be attained with this prescription. Otherwise, I use 5 mg/day arginine with 1 mg/day citrulline with exercise to elevate my
nitric oxide levels as recommended by nobelist Louis B. Ignarro in his book NO More Heart Disease. Nitric Oxide
produces telomerase activation in endothelial cells lining arteries according to separate papers by Vasa and Hayashi,
helping to stave off atherosclerotic plaques and other undesirable phenomena associated with replicative senescence
in endothelial cells, refreshing the vascular endothelium with telomeric DNA repair.

#65 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

A friend of mine sent me this list. This is the list of tests that TA Sciences has a patient run before you begin the regimen.

I can't imagine they wouldn't screen for anti-cancer biomarkers like PSA during the follow-up/administration of TA-65, but it does strike me as slightly odd that they don't screen for that kind of thing upfront.

#66 jamesagreen

• 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Since March 2009 I have substituted 6 x 200 mg/day Solaray Astragalus Root Extract (1200 mg/day) in order to approach
5 mg/day astragalosides. This dose satisfies my toxicology checks and initial calculations showed that 5 mg/day astragalosides
might be attained with this prescription. Another alternative is Nature's Way astragalus root extract, which
supplies 5 mg of astragalosides in 4 250 mg capsules of extract. Nature's Way astragalus root extract is available via Herbal Remedies astragalus. Otherwise, I use 5 mg/day arginine with 1 mg/day citrulline with exercise to elevate my
nitric oxide levels as recommended by nobelist Louis B. Ignarro in his book NO More Heart Disease. Nitric Oxide
produces telomerase activation in endothelial cells lining arteries according to separate papers by Vasa and Hayashi,
helping to stave off atherosclerotic plaques and other undesirable phenomena associated with replicative senescence
in endothelial cells, refreshing the vascular endothelium with telomeric DNA repair.

#67 Roses

• 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

might be attained with this prescription. Another alternative is Nature's Way astragalus root extract, which
supplies 5 mg of astragalosides in 4 250 mg capsules of extract. Nature's Way astragalus root extract is available via Herbal Remedies astragalus. Otherwise, I use 5 mg/day arginine with 1 mg/day citrulline with exercise to elevate my

Hi Jamesagreen

How long you are taking astragalus root and what are your experiences with it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#68 resveratrol

• Topic Starter
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

Hey all,

My first shipment of TA-65 arrived today. I noted the following on the RevGenetics site where I ordered it:

TA-65® has been reviewed and tested.

Our personnel has lab tested TA-65® with human cells: The tests proved that the product activates telomerase to a statistically significant degree in human cells.

The findings allow us to certify TA-65® as a telomerase activator in cells*. The telomerase study using TA-65® will be out soon for review.

According to other studies on telomerase activation, telomerase:

• Lengthens Short Telomeres
• Repairs DNA Damage
• Rejuvenates Aging Immune Systems
• Increases Bone Density
• Improves Biomarkers that Decline with Age

RevGenetics Now Certifies TA-65®

To test the product, RevGenetics first purchased TA-65 anonymously, we did not receive free TA-65 for our lab tests. After the TA-65® telomerase product was lab tested with positive results we approached TA Sciences to be licensed distributors of TA-65. They agreed to provide us their powerful new product so that we can make it available to our customers. Because we believe that the TA-65® telomerase benefits can only be achieved through a 3 to 6 month use of the product, there are no returns or refunds on this product.

So, if this is correct, then RevGenetics certainly seems to feel they have proof that it's a genuine telomerase activator.

Here's a blurry photo of the slip that came with the pills; it answers some questions regarding the manufacturing of TA-65 (a highly refined extract of astragalus that requires tons of astragalus to make) and also included some references at the end that they feel are relevant.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users