Photo
- - - - -

t-resv frequency, dosage.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Just wondering what the general consensus is as to how many times a day we should be dosing. I am aware of aware that we may want to be overloading the first past of the liver with a large does, but at some point would it make sense to split the dose? For instance, I think I will be going to 600mg/day. Best to take one 600 in the morning, or two 300mg does, or perhaps 3 200mg doses. IOW, once we overload the first-pass of the liver for a given dose, is there a limit to the benefit from the t-res? If it takes 100mg to overload the liver, then why would 400mg be better than 300mg?

Also, any sense of the risk/reward ratio of going beyond 5mg/kg in total for the day?

#2 sUper GeNius

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

Hmmm. Fifty-three views. Guess I was wrong about a few things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:54 PM

You're right to think that splitting the dose would be better. Ideally you'd want to slowly consume it all day in quantities that would keep serum levels just at the point required to saturate Sirt activation. We don't really know what that level is, but it's probably in the low tens of micromoles/liter. But the issues relating to the liver that you mention really complicate figuring out dosing.

I'm thinking about actually checking the pharmacodynamics in my own serum; dose with a gram and do blood draws every 15-30 for a couple hours and run them through the mass spec. If I do that I'll post the results.

#4 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

You're right to think that splitting the dose would be better. Ideally you'd want to slowly consume it all day in quantities that would keep serum levels just at the point required to saturate Sirt activation. We don't really know what that level is, but it's probably in the low tens of micromoles/liter. But the issues relating to the liver that you mention really complicate figuring out dosing.

I'm thinking about actually checking the pharmacodynamics in my own serum; dose with a gram and do blood draws every 15-30 for a couple hours and run them through the mass spec. If I do that I'll post the results.

That would be extremely valuable info!

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:24 PM

I'm interested in this as well. Up until today I have taken my t-res spread throughout the day in my drinks. Today I'm trying 300mg in the morning and 300mg in the evening.

#6 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

If you could do this it would be extremely beneficial. If I had the facilities I would definitely give it a try but I don't have access. You would be doing us a valuable service if you could do this, please keep us posted.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hey guys,

I'm definitely up for it in spirit, and I'm really curious to see what the results would be. If I can work out a few technical hurdles I'll give it a go. It'll probably take a few weeks before I'm ready.

If you could do this it would be extremely beneficial. If I had the facilities I would definitely give it a try but I don't have access. You would be doing us a valuable service if you could do this, please keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users