- - - - -

Longevity Elixir Experiment Gone Bad

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

Acai Extract + Pommegrate + Spirulina + Omega-3 Oil + Green Tea + Blueberry Extract + Blackberry Extract + Flax Oil + Red Wine + Tangerine Juice + Grape Seed Extract + Dissolved Longevinex + Grape Juice + Vanilla Soy Milk

Equals...

REVOLTING VOMIT-INDUCING GOO! [ang]

I'm still naseuas an hour after consuming the above concoction and I have to go play cards in an hour. Ack!

Oh, and spilling the above mixture will require a powerful chemical agent to remove the purple stain if you don't wipe it up quickly.

Edited by maestro949, 24 April 2007 - 08:53 AM.

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

Wow. I am glad you didn't blow up your house or anything, Mr. Wizard. ;))

Will you try any other mixtures in the future, maestro? Perhaps you can do 4 or 5 things at a time instead of so many and then you can control the flavors a bit more.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

Indeed. I was trying various combos but anytime the Acai or Spirulina went in, taste went to complete hell. I can live without the Spirulina but the Acai is a must so finding something that can neutralize it's taste would be good. I'm planning on trying some maple syrup, dark chocolage, curcumin, ginger, honey, basil and other various potent herbs and greens. One night this week I'll hit the produce section of whole foods and sniff over the greens and herbs.

#4 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:04 PM

Keep us updated on your progress.

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

you're a nutter Maestro. I like you ;)

#6 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Dude, that's nasty.

#7 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

You are a psycho lad. I like your style

#8 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

Might of been good without the soymilk

#9 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

I never have experienced a smell more removlting than opening the NOW! spirulina tub of algae hell. How you even handle that substance is beyond me, Maestro.

LOL Wine+Soy Milk? If you stuck to the fruit extracts, you'd be better off...lol, I love experiments.

#10 OutOfThyme

• 156 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Maestro--You stole my oven! [ang] ;) Must be a popular model.

Yum, Concord grape, Lakewood juice--center-stage. [thumb]

Edited by thymeless, 23 April 2007 - 12:26 AM.

#11 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

REVOLTING VOMIT-INDUCING GOO!

Just add some aspartame, it'll be fine.

[wis]

#12 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

Without the spirulina and the soy milk, it wouldn't be bad. Okay so I haven't tried acai, but fruit extracts in general are a bit bitter tasting (like instant tea), but not bad at all mixed with juice.

#13 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

acai the juice tastes wonderful...I do not know about the extract

#14 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

I never have experienced a smell more removlting than opening the NOW! spirulina tub of algae hell. How you even handle that substance is beyond me, Maestro.

You no likey? Shame - I was thinking of starting a new line of Spirulina flavored bubble gum. I could sell it to emergency rooms for when people have swallowed poison.

LOL Wine+Soy Milk? If you stuck to the fruit extracts, you'd be better off...lol, I love experiments.

Yeah, bad combo. I drink too much wine right now. I figured if I could come up with a tasty elixir I might save some liver damage (and cash).

Maestro, I couldn't help but notice you have the exact same stove as me.

It must be an immortalist thing ;)

Yum, Concord grape, Lakewood juice--center-stage.

Loaded with sugar though. I usually use it to chase down my supps througout the day.

Dude, that's nasty.

dagnasty even.

I think I'm going to go with something a little less original tonight like chocolate + soy milk after that disaster.

#15 OutOfThyme

• 156 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:53 AM

Loaded with sugar though.  I usually use it to chase down my supps througout the day.

Yeah, sure is. I'm careful not to drink too much. Plus--good to have around for the kids, friends & family to steer 'em away from soda.

Check out the cranberry... kinda pricey though--'bout $10-11 dollars but far less sugar and tastes great with a little stevia.

Pomengranate and Black cherry are tasty also. Too bad the sugar content is high.

Beats having soda or cheap juice around for everyone to drink. I used to go out with someone that demanded I keep Coca Cola in the house--pained me to buy it. [lol]

#16 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

Posted Image

Now were talkin'...

Instant Expresso Powder + Hot Chocolate + 40g Green and Black's Dark 70% Chocolate + Vanilla Soy Milk + a splash of brandy

so good. [tung]

#17 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

What exactly did it taste like? (since it will probably never be equaled again) As best as you can describe it anyway.

Did the nausea in your stomach ever go away?

#18 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

Now were talkin'...

Instant Expresso Powder + Hot Chocolate + 40g Green and Black's Dark 70% Chocolate + Vanilla Soy Milk + a splash of brandy

so good.  [tung]

MMMmmmm....

#19 OutOfThyme

• 156 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:19 AM

You should think about a web cam for that counter. [lol]

Nice looking SS saucepan back there.

I was on Mercola's website where he's been pushing enameled cast iron cookware lately. I don't understand why he isn't mentioning non reactive stainless steel. Enamel can chip.

Oh well... I'm going to make me some cocoa, too. ;)

#20 mediumspiny

• 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:42 AM

I can't believe no one has commented on the little joke with the bottle of Chateau Margaux.

#21 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:49 AM

I can't believe no one has commented on the little joke with the bottle of Chateau Margaux.

It's hard to confront people about their problems. [tung]

#22 OutOfThyme

• 156 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:53 AM

If he can afford Longevinex, he can afford a cheap bottle of Chateau Margaux... [:o]

[lol] Nice one... didn't get it until you pointed it out.

Edited by thymeless, 23 April 2007 - 03:05 AM.

#23 niteinnyc

• 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

I've been using two Country Life liquid supplements (Liquid Calcium-Magnesium with Vitamin D3 Complex and Liquid Goji & Acai) along with some tinctures from Invite(acai, white tea, blueberry) as a base for different concoctions that I've been experimenting with. The taste of this base is very strong and dominates pretty much anything, but for the oils and other odd tasting stuff I will swallow those first and use the "juice" as a chaser.

These aren't the cheapest or most potent products, but for the purpose of making a good tasting daily drink they work well.

#24 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

What exactly did it taste like? (since it will probably never be equaled again) As best as you can describe it anyway.

It was a steely bitter that lacked richness, sensuousness and seductiveness. Its tannins were less than fine as they were overpowered by the blue-green algae taste thus lending the goo a certain transparency and clarity that is rare among such blends. It tiptoed on the palate like a drunken steel worker who then collapses into a pit fo molten steel stimulating what I thought were long dead memories of high school parties of tequila and and porcelain and even repressed gems from college where grain alcohol, funnels and lots of naked people swirl in a cloudy haze. If you're looking for a shock to your central nervous system this is the drink for you.

Did the nausea in your stomach ever go away?

Yes but my appetite only returned this morning.

Heh, good eye. Long story but that was thrown in as an inside joke for friends who thinks I've lost my marbles chasing the fountain of youth.

It's hard to confront people about their problems.

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM! ;)

Check out the cranberry... kinda pricey though--'bout $10-11 dollars but far less sugar and tastes great with a little stevia.

Planning a stop at WF. I'll try it out. btw, not to mix threads but since this one has become a culinary smorgasborg, the muscadine jam i bought for the high resv content was rather unsavory. I'd pass.

I used to go out with someone that demanded I keep Coca Cola in the house--pained me to buy it

[huh] though I have to keep some handy too for when the diabetic-destined in-laws come over.

I don't understand why he isn't mentioning non reactive stainless steel. Enamel can chip.

Light and easy to wield too. The le creuset stuff often gets neglected for this reason but I'll break it out for the next episode of Maestro's Mad Alchemy. What's your favorite color? [tung]

If he can afford Longevinex, he can afford a cheap bottle of Chateau Margaux...

Ta heck with the bottle, wish I could afford the Chateau itself.

I've been using two Country Life liquid supplements...Liquid Goji & Acai)

Goji is something on my list to try.

The taste of this base is very strong and dominates pretty much anything,

I suspect the Acai is the dominating flavor. It's tough to counter or sweeten over.

#25 niteinnyc

• 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

I suspect the Acai is the dominating flavor.  It's tough to counter or sweeten over.

I meant in a good way, this base has a very fruity sweetness that you can add a lot to without getting a bad taste.

#26 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

I meant in a good way, this base has a very fruity sweetness that you can add a lot to without getting a bad taste.

Ahh, I see. I've got a powered version. It's chalky and bitter.

#27 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

It was a steely bitter that lacked richness, sensuousness and seductiveness. Its tannins were less than fine as they were overpowered by the blue-green algae taste thus lending the goo a certain transparency and clarity that is rare among such blends. It tiptoed on the palate like a drunken steel worker who then collapses into a pit fo molten steel stimulating what I thought were long dead memories of high school parties of tequila and and porcelain and even repressed gems from college where grain alcohol, funnels and lots of naked people swirl in a cloudy haze. If you're looking for a shock to your central nervous system this is the drink for you.

Wow, you should write reviews for food and beverages. ;))

Yes but my appetite only returned this morning.

You could market it as an appetite suppressant.

Ta heck with the bottle, wish I could afford the Chateau itself.

I didn't realize how expensive it was till I did a froogle search for it. Wow. (Even more striking if you sort by price, high to low. Someone needs to buy me that $17,551 bottle.)

#28 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

This Le Creuset cookware is non-reactive, nothing imparted when cooked with (except what is desired obviously...the food)?

#29 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

It requires no seasoning so yes it's non-reactive. As to whether the porcelain enamel bleeds into the food? dunno. I recall hearing news about Le Creuset having a property in their enamel that was considered dangerous. They stopped using it but this is going way back. Early 90s? Would have to google or nexus the news articles.

Edited by maestro949, 24 April 2007 - 02:14 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 maestro949

• Topic Starter
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:56 AM

I didn't realize how expensive it was till I did a froogle search for it. Wow. (Even more striking if you sort by price, high to low. Someone needs to buy me that $17,551 bottle.)

Some people actually buy insurance for it. Here's the best price/performance bottle for you LiveForever. Get your bid in quick, only 20 minutes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users