Photo
- - - - -

Reservatrol and mortality!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cell

• 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

I have just ordrered 4 package of reservatrol-pills from longevinex and then I read a paper " Resveratrol prolongs lifespan and retards the onset of age-related markers in short lived vertebrate" from Current biology 16, 296-300; Valenzano et.al.2007. He wrote that reservatrol raised the mortality rates of treated fishes with reservatrol over those of control-fed fish during the first weeks after administration. He wrotes also at Reservatrol has maybe weakly toxic action which stimulate a stress response and eventually increase lifespan.

Is this something at worry about and what dose to take?

In this dose-respond experiment fish treated with biggest amount of reservatrol lived almost 60% longer then fish on standard diet and fish treated with lowest amount of reservatrol lived as long as standard-fed fish (no effect).

#2 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

Well, lots of people here take 500mg a day. T-Resv is pretty expensive though and there is still some controversy as to whether it will produce large benefits in humans. If it was cheaper, then I would certainly take it.

Here is a thread on people taking resveratrol:
500-Club

Common side effects:
Gas / GI disturbance - From Emodin in non-pure Resv
Decreased Appetite
Increased Energy?
Weight Loss?

Read up on the tread to see people's response.

#3 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:06 AM

I'd keep within the 5mg per kg (364mg for 160lbs) as Dr. Sinclair is taking. Going beyond what he's taking you're really taking a leap and potentially bad one.

Currently, 10mg (upper safe amount proven safe for humans to date):

http://ntp.niehs.nih...Resveratrol.pdf

#4 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:48 AM

Well if you take into account the doses being used by Sirtis as posted recently I have no doubt that Sinclair has upped his dosage or is using one of Sirtis' formulas which I am sure translates into a much higher than 5 mg/kg dose of standard t-res.

#5 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

The doses being used by Sirtris are 2.5 and 5 Grams, you can see this here on slide 23:

http://www.revgenetics.com/sirtis.htm

Slide 30 shows you the names of the research scientists working with Sirtris who likely agree to this dosage:

Notable among them are:

Dr David Sinclair
Dr. John Auwrex

Phase Ia has been completed.

Anthony Loera

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 18 June 2007 - 04:00 PM.

#6 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

That NCE-1 really rocks makes SRT501-resveratrol look relatively weak on the SIRT1 activation chart.

#7 bugmenot.com

• 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

I'd keep within the 5mg per kg (364mg for 160lbs) as Dr. Sinclair is taking. Going beyond what he's taking you're really taking a leap and potentially bad one.

Currently, 10mg (upper safe amount proven safe for humans to date):

http://ntp.niehs.nih...Resveratrol.pdf

That link is not working. Do you have another link to whatever paper that is?

Thanks.

#8 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

That NCE-1 really rocks makes SRT501-resveratrol look relatively weak on the SIRT1 activation chart.

I agree NCE-1 looks promising, but if its released, it will be a drug and not an supplement/herbal formulation.

#9 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

So, SRT501 will be released as a dietary supplement?

#10 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

It is a formulation that could be released as such, but no one has confirmed it will (or it won't) be released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users