- - - - -

SENS3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pyre

• 65 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

Hey All,

I realize that for those of us from the states, if we want to go over to Aubrey's SENS3, we should be buying plane tickets and making reservations now. I wanted to get all of your advice on the question that is currently on my mind: should I go?

As a current 2nd year in college, if I don't go there won't be another SENS until my 1st year of graduate school (god willing); therefore, I think that going to SENS3 would allow me to meet in person the people that I want to be working with in a few years.

I am well aware that the proceedings of SENS3 will be published, like the last one was, however, I am definately considering going for the personal contact aspect of a 'conference.'

Is it worth it? Is anyone else from here going so that I might at least have someone to talk to? *Although as an immortalist I feel like it's not going to be too hard to talk, at least about aging research and very likely many other things, to other immortalists.

Cheers,
James

#2 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

It's absolutely worth it.. the value of the personal contact cannot even begin to be recognized. I met Aubrey at SENS I, John S and Mark H (osiris) as well as numerous other ImmInst denizens have connected and created synergies there.

I'm certainly going.. and don't worry.. you'll have had your fill of talking when it's all over.

#3 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

I'd love to go, but I can't unfortunately. [sad]

Kev, do you know if the proceedings will be taped? what would be really nice is the ability to broadcast it in real time and possibly get questions from the net. ;)

#4 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:20 AM

Heh.. that would be a great thing wouldn't it .. however I'm almost positive that given Aubrey's other obligations.. adding the logistics of videoing, let alone live streaming, might be a bit too much to expect.. I may bring my camera with me and video but that won't be nearly the same as having it available on the net or done by professionals..

KP

#5 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:19 AM

Can't tape the most important part, which is like Kevin said, having beers with the world's death fighters.

#6 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

I would like to go, but it's to expensive, even for a serious "hobby". [mellow]

Edit: After typing this I realize this is an extremely typical Dutch remark. I will consider it a bit more. ;)

Edited by brainbox, 28 April 2007 - 02:36 PM.

#7 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

plan on going.

#8 pyre

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

Cool, thanks guys.

I guess I'll be going. Meeting the immortalists of the world, and, very hopefully sharing a drink with them during the "customary free alcohol."

See you there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users