• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Your very own religion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AdamSummerfield

• 351 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

Imagine that you have been given full reign over the religious following of the Earth. You are in a position to found your own religion and secure it as the only religion of Earth's people.
What would yours be like?

Now I understand some of you will feel that it is best to not have a religion guiding Earth's people and have atheism as the only 'faith' - and of course, that some of you will grant the religion you currently belong to the status of the one religion. But if you had the opportunity to create and design your very own religion, with it's very own customs - What would it be like?

The question of whether it is a good idea to have one religion in our lives (unless your are an atheist) is perhaps a question for another thread.

Personally, given this decision, I would assume atheism in religion's stead.
However if I had to design and found my own, it would 'worship' mathematics. Preists would devote their lives toward understanding mathematics at it's most complex level, as opposed to understanding the ways of God as an intelligence that created us. I would imagine there being a few traditions, celebrating perhaps Darwin Day or Nikola Tesla along with other prominent figures in history and a day to celebrate the creation of the universe. So I suppose this is a religion that follows science and maths and is - apart from the fact that this is a religion - very similar to atheism, no belief in life after death.

There are no guidelines to the rules of your very own religion of course - feel inventive.
- Sezarus.

#2 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

My religion would be one where people worship vibrations, frequency, harmony and proportion. For instance, the Golden Ratio, superstrings, cymatics, and music. Disciples would use sound and vibrations for healing and ridding ailments, singing bowls and the purest of sine tones to bring wellbeing to a patient for example. Snowflakes the result of some kind of cymatic process, superstrings maybe. People would conform their lives, from daily schedules to the grand scale of its whole society, to rhythm.

[lol]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users