Photo
- - - - -

Resevertrol v. opc's?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 orangish

• 264 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:56 AM

Excuse the naivete. Too inundated to do informative research...But is reservertrol (sp) capable of acting like a stimulant/helping with ADD? OPC's have really helped me, and I'm wondering if reseervertol (yes, sp) would take the effects to another level?

Basically, my Goal: to get on a helpful supplement/nootropic regiment long enough to get some manual efforts and change some thinking habits. I may always be slightly more dependent than normal on medicine, but I want to try everything I can to improve my clarity, efficiency and fluidness of thinking (not superpowers, just some essential tool to have at hand to function).

#2 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Excuse the naivete.  Too inundated to do informative research...But is reservertrol (sp) capable of acting like a stimulant/helping with ADD?  OPC's have really helped me, and I'm wondering if reseervertol (yes, sp) would take the effects to another level?

Basically, my Goal: to get on a helpful supplement/nootropic regiment long enough to get some manual efforts and change some thinking habits.  I may always be slightly more dependent than normal on medicine, but I want to try everything I can to improve my clarity, efficiency and fluidness of thinking (not superpowers, just some essential tool to have at hand to function).

The impression I've gotten is that the energy boosts come from 25-50% resveratrol extracts that contain lots of OPCs. The 98% extracts tend not to give the energy boost. Also give CoQ10 a try.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 paragon

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

I can give you some input on this because I'm extremely sensitive to anything that has a stimulatory effect on the brain. I will notice even a milligram of caffeine. Resveratrol, while not as strong as caffeine, if taken at the right dose will definitely provoke a noticeable stimulatory effect on the brain in most people. Over time I've become sensitive enough to notice the stimulatory effects of 40mg of resveratrol (the old longevinex capsule dose), however this wouldn't likely be the case with you right from the beginning nor is it with most others. I now prefer 98% pure resveratrol or greater because the emodin content is very noticeable when 50% resveratrol is taken in high doses.

Also, from my years of pine bark supplementation, I can tell you that pine bark does not cause any similar stimulatory effect on the brain. I can take over a gram of pine bark extract right before bed and sleep perfectly, whereas with resveratrol I would not. However, I do definitely agree that pine bark has a role in improving attention span and focus without acting as a stimulant. It's very unique stuff and its exact mechanism/s of action is/are still not 100% clear to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users