Photo
- - - - -

anything "new" come out?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:02 AM

Hello friends - I am just about to end my first year of nursing school and look around at what new supplements have came about since I left.

Update: For a few months I quit all my supplements, and for awhile I was so anxious that I actually had to swill some liquor between class because my BP seemed so outrageously high. I should have looked towards my GABAergic supplements but I did not.

Now it has been 3 months since my anxiety/anxiousness paranoa attack and have been taking tons of pro heart supplements and megadosing vitamin C and am feeling OK.

I really want to find something I can "relax" with, mj is out of the question and alcohol is no good. Am I doomed to a life of coffee and ambien to sleep? I want something that feels good!

*cries*l
Yeah, melodramatic, but has anything "good" came out in the last year? I still ahve taurine, bacopa ashwaganda theanine etc...

Either way hello imminst.org again, funny to see resveratrol threads evyerwhere. I have been taking hat for a month or so along with pycnogenol... it is pretty good stuff. Should i buy some salvia?

#2 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

Bacopa is nice for relaxing with its pronounced anxiolytic effects.

Can you elaborate on your anxiety and the resolution of it?

Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

I would avoid salvia or recommend a low dose if you have anxiety problems. One of my salvia experiences my ego began to seperate from my body and it began blending into the surrounding area where I had been living for a while. I was able to recognize I was intoxicated, but if I took anything more I most certainly would not have and would have lost all concept of space and time and just dissolved within boundless existence. This is not a state you wish to enter in an anxious mental state. For anxiety I would recommend fish oil 2g epa/dha, inositol at 20g a day, bacopa 400mg 2-3x a day, exercise and meditation. These are all extremely beneficial, especially the latter two.

On the other hand if you get your hands on some psilocybe cubensis mushrooms have some fun with yourself. It will be eye opening, at the very least and life changing at the most.

#4 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

I've heard Phenibut is helpful for anxiety but I have yet to try it. Anyone here take Phenibut?

#5 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

Phenibut is good for acute situations but you can't take it everyday because of tollerance.

#6 meatwad

• Topic Starter
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

Mushroom season is not another 6 months away for PNW, and I have taken them one time every season for the last 10 years. I have phenibut and bacopa, I am going to try the fish oil and inositol suggestion. (It is good that I still ahve "everything" in my shelves) I just ate a huge mouthful of high quality fish oil and will be trying some inositol in a second.

regarding the anxiety: Everyone in my class was acting untowards me. However after a few weeks their attacks have fizzled out and now have came to accept me. At the time I felt pretty bad - why are people who are supposed to be nurses acting this way? and I even felt like hurting the ring leader. Now months have passed and none of their previous actions have returned. Impossible to explain but I manned up and instead of leaving I stuck it through and now everything is fine and the ring leaders ability to rile people up against other people has fizzled, he has no power.

Thanks for the ideas, off to try some inositol

#7 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

I've heard Phenibut is helpful for anxiety but I have yet to try it. Anyone here take Phenibut?

Yeah, but it's the two-weeks on and two-weeks off thing. But it makes me sleep *so* good! I actually take it 3- to 4- days on and 4- to 3- days off.

My suggestion about phenibut: start at 1g/day and increase the dosage 500mg/day until you get to the level where you no longer are asking yourself "am I feeling it?" I hit the point at 2g/day. There was no question that I was stoned. In a GABAergic way, I mean.

After that, I cut the dosage back to 1.5g/day and find myself mellow, but not *too* mellow.

#8 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

I just ate a huge mouthful of high quality fish oil...

It's been my experience that fish oil takes several months to have significant benefits. It usually has a seriously good placebo effect in a few days, but to become more-or-less permanently effective you've got to begin taking it more-or-less permanently. I had been taking ~9g/day of fish oil for over a year before I realized that my life had changed a *lot* over the previous year. Remember, fish oil helps by replacing things. Skin, nerves, etc. That doesn't happen in a week.

regarding the anxiety:  Everyone in my class was acting untowards me. However after a few weeks their attacks have fizzled out and now have came to accept me.

I just recently noticed (while on a heavy-duty SSRI that had some GABA-RI side effects) that if I have enough GABA in my system, everyone around me quits acting untowards me. :) You might try to find some. Over on the Nootropic forum we've been discussing Gabitril. I'm gonna talk to my neurologist and see if I can get some.

#9 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

In my opinion anxiety and anxiety attacks have a physiologic root. At this point it is evident that that the root of many anxiety disorders and mental/physical breakdown is the hiatal hernia. A hiatal hernia is when the stomach protrudes into the diaphragm and restricts breathing / interferes with the vagus nerve. This can cause a wide range of behavioral problems, including depression and anxiety attacks. I would advise everyone with anxiety issues to get in touch with their body and take care / which to improve the only lot of the universe that you govern (although that may be debatable). In doing so you would correct any physiological problems (hiatal hernia as a result of incorrect posture (incorrect posture being from the neck to the lower back – neck should be back not leaning forward or it can interfere with tracheal air flow, shoulders back, chest out))

#10 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

If you're worried about being picked on by the alpha males of the nursing class I would suggest DHEA at 20mg a day sublingual or transdermal. It will alleviate the drop in natural DHEA production as a result of social defeat and put you in higher order with the other alpha males. It will also help reverse structural damage caused by social defeat.

Other than that the most important is probably stretching (getting in touch with your body).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:23 AM

Just from rfarris's picture you can clearly see that there is a posture problem. You're leaning to the right, neck is bent foward and a probable lower back curvation. If you got these problems taken care of (stretching, lifting weights(core movements such as deadlifts, bench press, squats, cleans) i'm quite confident all of your anxiety issues would go away. First you can start with tilting your head backwards and working on your trapezius muscles. They have adapted to a foward lean and this definately restricts breathing through the trachea / larynx. Once you get that work on chest out, shoulders back. Constantly stretch your back muscles and crack your back. Take your two fists and place them on their respective sides on your spine. If you can do this push in with your fists and thrust your chest out. It should be loose and you should crack your back and be on your way to better breathing. Now, if it does not crack it may mean that you are bracing (bracing is subconscious muscle tension as a result of constant anxiety) - if so keep working at it till it starts cracking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users