Photo
- - - - -

Need help on 2 vitamin complexes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

These are currently within my regimen, however would liek to know your collective thoughts on how good they are

Vitamin B complex

I nly take 1 capsule a day so what you see the dosages of, its only half that, but still 25mg of some of these vitamins is way more than enough for a 'supplement' dont you think? Also its says

Niacin (as inositol hexaniacinate) 25mg, (500% RDI), then later....
Inositol Hexaniacinate 130 mg (RDI not established), then later again...
Inositol (as inositol hexaniacinate) 26 mg

isn't that all the same thing?

Anything else weird/good/bad about it?

And for Vitamin E

Click Me

Is the amounts, ratios between alpha, gamma etc good? Do I Need to supplement on another 'E' as well? I only take 1 of these a day )so half the serving size).

thanks.

#2 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

These are currently within my regimen, however would liek to know your collective thoughts on how good they are

Vitamin B complex

I nly take 1 capsule a day so what you see the dosages of, its only half that, but still 25mg of some of these vitamins is way more than enough for a 'supplement' dont you think?

I like it. You might want to add extra folic acid (homocysteine effect maxes out at around 1 mg and endothelial function studies used 5 mg) and biotin (alpha lipoic acid competes with it).

Also its says

Niacin (as inositol hexaniacinate) 25mg, (500% RDI), then later....
Inositol Hexaniacinate  130 mg (RDI not established), then later again...
Inositol (as inositol hexaniacinate)  26 mg

isn't that all the same thing?

Yep: 26 mg inositol + 100 mg niacin ~ 130 mg IH

And for Vitamin E

Click Me

Is the amounts, ratios between alpha, gamma etc good? Do I Need to supplement on another 'E' as well? I only take 1 of these a day )so half the serving size).

Too much alpha. Alpha and gamma are nearly equal, and that results in gamma going lower than with no supplement at all. I like the Jarrow product. (It's cheaper, too.)

http://www.iherb.com...s&pid=JRW-12027

http://aor.ca/us/mag...l E Special.pdf

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

shouldn't you also include the other class of Vitamin E, the tocophierols?

#4 shifter

• Topic Starter
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:58 AM

Is there any risk in taking too much of the other varieties of Vitamin E? I noticed the RDI of beta, gamma and delta E are not established. Can you get toxicity from these kinds? Or only based from the synthetic alpha

What foods are rich in gamma E that I can take while I use up my current kind?

#5 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

shouldn't you also include the other class of Vitamin E, the tocophierols?

Do you mean tocotrienols? I get 10 mg from Ortho Core, and don't take any extra because I don't want my cholesterol (112) to go any lower.

Is there any risk in taking too much of the other varieties of Vitamin E? I noticed the RDI of beta, gamma and delta E are not established. Can you get toxicity from these kinds? Or only based from the synthetic alpha

What foods are rich in gamma E that I can take while I use up my current kind?

I suppose (pure speculation) that if you go crazy with it, it might cause blood coagulation problems just like alpha.

It would take a disgusting amount of oil to increase your gamma E intake. I'd just chuck the high-alpha product and chalk it up to experience.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

Do you mean tocotrienols? I get 10 mg from Ortho Core, and don't take any extra because I don't want my cholesterol (112) to go any lower.

yeah sorry for the spelling. Can they lower cholestrol to dangerous levels if you take too much of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users