Photo
- - - - -

Efficient Post Reading

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jace Tropic

• 285 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:43 AM

Hi, everyone, I'm posting this here instead of emailing BJ directly in case this is of some importance to more persons other than me.

Eventually, I will get around to reading all of the content in this forum up to the present. People who didn't become a member of ImmInst closer to its inception are at a big disadvantage. Many topics are already difficult for the layperson, and also there is always going to be redundancy due to newer members wanting to immediately become involved while not having had the time to become acquainted with all of the ideas, articles, and the underlying hypotheses of the evolving meme.

This disadvantage that newer members have, of course, cannot essentially be made an ImmInst administrator problem. However, I think serious members will eventually want to read all of the content up to the present. When this occurs, it would be helpful to have a tool that allows everyone to see the last 50 to 100 posts or so (they would have a choice, maybe by factors of 10) in the order that they were posted, instead of clicking on each topic to see if anything was missed. It's a cleaner approach to account for everything in this forum.

If there is already a way to do this please disregard. If not I suggest it, BJ, if it isn't too much trouble, and if others -- not just me -- think it would be a big help.

Thank you,
Jace

#2 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:06 AM

Do you mean something like the "Active Topics" button at the top-left of the home page? It shows the most recently posted topics. I just remember which one's I've read last, and anything above that is new.

#3 Jace Tropic

• Topic Starter
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:24 AM

Thanks QJones! That's what I was looking for. :)

Jace

#4 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:31 PM

Good question Jace as this is quite important to regular members.

'Active Topics' is at the bottom of each page.. and at the top under 'Quick Finder' .. but I'm considering making this link more accessable.

Also, you can change the number of topics and posts that show per page view by playing with your board settings.

#5 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:24 PM

It is also at the top of the page on the drop down menu for "Quick Finder" and it is the page I tied my link for my browser to save time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users