- - - - -

New Books Discussing Immortality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gavrilov

• 341 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

Greetings,

A partial list of new books discussing different aspects of Immortality topic has been posted recently at:

http://science-libra...mmortality.html
Shorter link:
http://tinyurl.com/ynvqyw

If you are aware of some new interesting books on related topic, which should be added to this list, please advise.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

#2 MichaelAnissimov

• 905 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

"Forever and Ever" by Dan A. Baker is a fiction novel on immortality that recently came out. I have a copy but haven't read it yet. According to the back jacket the book is in feature film development and production will start in 2008.

#3 dave111

• 39 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Good to see Dr. Sanjay Gupta is writing on this topic. That's a sign of mainstreaming.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 gavrilov

• Topic Starter
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

"Forever and Ever" by Dan A. Baker is a fiction novel on immortality that recently came out.  I have a copy but haven't read it yet.  According to the back jacket the book is in feature film development and production will start in 2008.

Thanks!

Yes, I have read this book, and I have posted my comments at:

http://longevity-sci...r-and-ever.html

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

#5 gavrilov

• Topic Starter
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

Good to see Dr. Sanjay Gupta is writing on this topic. That's a sign of mainstreaming.

Well, it depends on what is the context when the word "immortality" is used.

Perhaps some people here have read this book to comment...

#6 reader

• 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Read this new book The Chimera Seed by Matthew Tully.

Here is the book cover synopsis:

Immortality is possible, but the cost of eternal life is death.

Richard Tiernan's sudden death sparks a chain of events that threatens the survival of the human species. The visionary scientist's son and only heir, Dr. Michael Tiernan, inherits Oisín Pharmaceuticals and learns of his father's astonishing secret. Hidden away in the little Sardinian town of Boroneddu, Michael discovers his father's greatest legacy: the fountain of youth.

In possession of Dionysinol, the most dynamic anti-aging drug ever engineered, Michael Tiernan aspires to turn Oisín Pharmaceuticals into an empire. His plans rapidly unravel when he becomes ensnared in a cutthroat game of pharmaceutical espionage and learns just how far some people will go to acquire immortality and how far others will go to destroy it.

The Chimera Seed transports the reader to Italy, where the genetically-engineered Niamh grape grows, and back to the United States, where politics, corruption, greed, obsession, revenge, passion and moral imperatives make Dionysinol the most sought-after and dangerous substance on Earth.

The positive reviews go into great detail about the immortality aspect: Blogcritcs.org and Armchair Interviews.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users