Photo
- - - - -

Selegiline and Phenylethylamine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:31 AM

Normally my blood pressure is anywhere from 120-135 over 65-75ish and a heartrate of between 60-70. So I did a before and after from taking selegiline and PEA and apart from feeling great, my bloody pressure (tested on a proper digital one) went to

182/112 with 71 beats per minute. 20 minutes later it was 170/109 with 66 beats per minute. A little later on it was 177/104 with 57 beats a minute.

Checked what would happen if I did some exercise so I pushed out 40 odd pushups and tested again (about 45 minutes after last reading above)

Now it was 89/51 with 153 beats per minute.

The heart rate jumped up quicker than it normally would from that small amount of exercising but look at the blood pressure difference! (I felt fine)

After that, blood pressure pretty much stayed normal from then on. (so if your suffereing hypertensive crisis, pump out some pushups) -btw as this was while I was feeling fantastic, I have to say that I could push out twice the amount of pushups in one go than normal (I'm normally a weakling and feel like stopping after 20).

Can someone explain these readings? I expected my blood pressure would jump a bit, but what about a drop that quick? Was the 'high' blood pressure reading far too high? I know it would be under 'normal' circumstances. The drop to levels lower than I have ever seen did surprise me though although I guess after an exercise, the blood vessels are dilated more so less constricted. And maybe the faster heart rate meant that it didnt need to pump as hard? What are 'dangerous' levels?

#2 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

When i was cracked out on that sh!t i use to run on the treadmill and bounce around the room so my heart had a REAL reason for my chest to be thumping...

If your burning your brain why won't you buy the rest of mine from me? I could use the cash I wasted on it...PM me...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 shifter

• Topic Starter
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

Hmm, should have put in there that was probably on a bit more than 750mg of PEA and I take 5mg of selegiline per day. Pretty much twice the amount of both I intend on using, so got the blood pressure monitor out to see the worst case scenerio effects. From what I have read on other forums, that too seems to be a 'moderate' dose. I would be interested in knowing what people think derives the best possible result with the lowest dose. And should that dose be taken at once, or in divided doses spread out.

Also, I only ever take it once a week and only continue to do it because the 'come down' effect, is gradual and goes unnoticed so I dont exactly miss or crave for it.

Some of us people that are running on constant sleep deprevation need a little bit of real feeling once in a while. One side effect of sleep deprevation I can tell you is the inability to feel joy, happiness (and maybe a good thing) but even anxiety. Basically a robot. (and currently I need that 2nd job).

My brother used to take caffiene pills. Several times a day almost every day.

My mother has doen zero research, didn't like the sound of 'phenylethylamine' and accuses me of being high on drugs every day!!?!? etc etc but funny she says that while she enjoys several cups of coffee a day (caffeine being psychoactive), smokes to feel good and loves her aspartame filled sugar free gums and cola. (neurotoxin).
(for a laugh I asked them if they would ever drink dihydrogen monoxide, and they all thought it was something nasty like a drug or poison!)

Well I know what i'd rather do...

Not sure what you mean by burning brain. I have never felt any pain or anything bad from it. Maybe if my dosage was higher but i'm not prepared to do that. (also hard to do when I dont have the PEA on hand. I only ever prepare what I want to take, put it into 2-3 caps and put into an empty bottle and take that with me. Because I know it can be abused, i'll never have a bottle in arms reach with an almost limitless supply).

Edited by shifter, 24 June 2007 - 08:45 AM.

#4 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

@shifter:

It's your choice, I wouldn't try to compare the two substances.

What helped me was using so much that I screwed with every relationship I had - parents, friends, etc. Then when your by yourself and realize your hurting yourself you will want to stop.

Good luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

I think you may have a problem where you body is converting that stuff into epinephrine when you want norepinephrine.

I know basically that one is for chilling out (norepinephrine or NE) and the other (epinephrine or E) is for when you are stressed.

I think people can have problems with these two systems because of excess stress in their life over time. I know my HPA axis doesn't work too well and I think that explains why I can feel the jitters sometimes, like if I take tyrosine on an empty stomach, natural hydrocortisone in a low dose, or even the first dose of deprenyl.

All of these should be helping you feel relaxed but are not doing that and making you feel like you are under stress. You are not experiencing the NE but feeling the effects of E. I am guessing that this may indicate a problem with your HPA axis, or something else.

I know I still have a pantethenic acid deficiency. This helps the adrenal glands and may explain why I am still having this problem with getting the jitters sometimes when I should be feeling calm.

You do need to support your body in converting these chemicals into the right hormones or neurotransmitters otherwise you get just the opposite effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users