Photo
- - - - -

Immortals, more than 120+ years.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 baertacgraff

• 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

I'd like to be in contact with 'The Ancient Ones.' We all know they exist now, as models for us. Anyone in touch with them?

#2 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

I can give you the names and their countries of 80 validated oldest living people but they are 110+ years old with the oldest 114.
You'll find these 110 to 114 on
http://www.grg.org/
more specifically, on
http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:04 AM

I'd like to be in contact with 'The Ancient Ones.' We all know they exist now, as models for us. Anyone in touch with them?

Okay, I am here. Will be 143 this week. Secret? Shot of whiskey and drink a raw egg every day.

#4 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:38 AM

I think I've seen the movie about them.

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:31 AM

Okay, I am here. Will be 143 this week. Secret? Shot of whiskey and drink a raw egg every day.

So thats the secret...

LOL

• Lurker

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

> Anyone in touch with them?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

In a fortnight, if you hear not from me, then know that my soul been consumed - devoured eternally by that hateful Night, that primal Putrescence. Now quick woman, tell me: what would you have me ask of those Ancient Ones?

#7 benevule

• 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Photographs of centenarians and supercentenarians

The page at: 'About the project' -> 'Notes and quotes on aging' gives a brief summary on the habits or lifestyles of the photographed people.

#8 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

There can be only one.

#9 narcissistic

• 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

my grandfather is actually 85. he works out every other day, and he love sailing witch can be relatively tuff physically. he actually beats me in chess most of the time and im not a bad player. he also play on his piano for two hours every day. i think that’s the secured keeping active not only physical but mentally. This is not a full dress rehearsal this is it and im sure what really matters if one want to live a long life is being active from an early age and getting the things one want out of life.

throw his life he have eaten a minimum of junk food and sugar. basically he lives of Lean meat and occasionally fish, as well as allot vegetables but almost no fruits. witch makes a wary low caloriediet. He takes no supplements except for omega3 witch he started taking in the mide 90ths I think (In the mide 90ths century that is).

as we probably have the same genes im going to take his example and eat the same type of food (and I like it so it’s a drawback neither).

Edited by narcissistic, 01 July 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#10 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

I can give you the names and their countries of 80 validated oldest living people but they are 110+ years old with the oldest 114.
You'll find these 110 to 114 on
http://www.grg.org/
more specifically, on
http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM

Thanks! :)

#11 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

my grandfather...., im sure what really matters if one want to live a long life is being active from an early age and getting the things one want out of life.

throw his life he have eaten a minimum of junk food and sugar. basically he lives of Lean meat and occasionally fish, as well as allot vegetables but almost no fruits. witch makes a wary low caloriediet. He takes no supplements except for omega3 witch he started taking in the mide 90ths I think.

as we probably have the same genes im going to take his example and eat the same type of food (and I like it so it’s a drawback neither).

Agreed. It's to take action now, to keep the quest, never swayed. I started cleaning up my diet and listening to my body about 12 years ago. Have been a primal eater for about a year, eating less and feeling great. Currently on Aajonus's primal eating plan. Check out: http://www.wewant2live.com/

The stories of our elders are varied. My grandmother was over a hundred years old, ate from her garden, didn't exercise except walk and clean house. She laughed often, never drank or smoked. Lived a modest Christain life. She died from grief; three of her children died in a month.

Thanks for sharing too, :)

Edited by baertacgraff, 01 July 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#12 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Photographs of centenarians and supercentenarians

The page at: 'About the project' -> 'Notes and quotes on aging' gives a brief summary on the habits or lifestyles of the photographed people.

Thank you! Such a great project, beautiful people and stories.

:)

#13 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

LOL! Appreciate your humor. Yes, but I only liked the first of those movies. Also, check out this movie: "The One" with Jet Li.

#14 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

[lol] Okay. I'd only do the raw egg though.

#15 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

In a fortnight, if you hear not from me, then know that my soul been consumed - devoured eternally by that hateful Night, that primal Putrescence. Now quick woman, tell me: what would you have me ask of those Ancient Ones?

Thank you. What language is that?

I would place no demands on them. Rather, I request to be a student, to be a receiver of their wisdom with good intention and divine love.

Apprecicative, B :)

#16 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

I think we know now which god hates the world.

#17 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

I think we know now which god hates the world.

Oh. My God.

• Lurker

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

Thank you. What language is that?

I would place no demands on them. Rather, I request to be a student, to be a receiver of their wisdom with good intention and divine love.

Apprecicative, B :)

It was a joke - a reference to the Ancient Ones of the Cthulu mythos, which was a creation of horror writer H. P. Lovecraft (and others.)

#19 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

It was a joke - a reference to the Ancient Ones of the Cthulu mythos, which was a creation of horror writer H. P. Lovecraft (and others.)[/quote]

[:o] Oh, how gullible a blonde can be when wanting truth. Oh, well, a funny on me.

Happy Sunday. B

#20 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

--------------------
Quote:

Mark Plus
"There was a time before reason and science when my ancestors believed in all manner of nonsense."

-------------

...Ultimate jollity. I think what all the Ancients have in common is a sense of humor, as well as not hanging onto any concept or idea.

#21 narcissistic

• 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

Thank you! Such a great project, beautiful people and stories.

those people really freaks me out they barely luck human.

#22 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

Can someone let me in on what exactly is going on in this thread?

#23 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

You don't want to know.

#24 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

Gort, Klaatu Brada Brigna Nikto

#25 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:18 AM

Nice one.

#26 baertacgraff

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:52 AM

Founder, or navigator or whomever, this thread is dead--didn't get the response as hoped. How do I end it? B

#27 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

In the original movie (The Day the Earth Stood Still), Patricia Neal's character anxiously asks Klaatu after Gort "resurrects" him, "You mean he [the robot Gort] has the power of life and death?" Klaatu says something about how only the "almighty spirit" has that power, whereas Gort can only do a patch up job that can extend life for a time.

Well, that won't do in a 21st Century remake. I'd like for the new Klaatu to say something along the lines of, "Foolish Earth woman! Of course Gort has 'the power of life and death', like the other robots of that model our people have built. What do you think life is -- some kind of miracle?"

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#28 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

Founder, or navigator or whomever, this thread is dead--didn't get the response as hoped. How do I end it? B

I'll close it for you.

....closed.

;))

CLEAR!

beep.......beep........beep

we have a pulse again.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users