• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:44 AM

Any opinions? I'm a 19 year old male.

800 mg of Piracetam - 3 times a day.
10 MG of Vinpocetine.
1 Capsule of GalantaMind - (8mg of Galantamine hydrobromide)

400 Mg of High Choline Soy Lecithin (supplying 140 mg of Phosphatidyl Choline) - (GNC Triple Lecithin 400)
100 Mg of AlphaLipolic Acid

GNC's UltraMegaGold - multivitamin
50 mg B-Complex.

Any reccomendations/thoughts opinions? I'm currently taking everything with breakfast - would spreading them out help any? Also, what other nootropics would people reccomend?

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:24 AM

Any opinions? I'm a 19 year old male.

800 mg of Piracetam - 3 times a day.

If this doses is enough for you to feel a different it is fine otherwise I would take 4-6 a day.

10 MG of Vinpocetine.

10 mg is ok 20 mg may be better see above.

1 Capsule of GalantaMind - (8mg of Galantamine hydrobromide)

This is a good dose with the other nootropics.

400 Mg of High Choline Soy Lecithin (supplying 140 mg of Phosphatidyl Choline) - (GNC Triple Lecithin 400)
100 Mg of AlphaLipolic Acid

I would take a better form of choline to work with Piracetam (Choline 250-500 mg, DMAE 100-300 mg, or CDP-Choline 250 mg).

I would consider switching to R-Lipoic Acid 50-100 mg as a better form.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:18 AM

I'll try out your reccomendations for the nootropics. What would your take be on GNC's Lecithin 1200?

High Choline Soy Lecithin
1200 mg
Phosphatidyl Choline (as Soy Lecithin)
420 mg

http://gnc.mondosear...NS LECITHINIS #

My family owns two GNC stores, so anything I want from there, I can get for free.

#4 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:32 AM

Keep in mind that phosphatidyl choline is only 13% choline so 420 mg p.c. = ~50 mg choline. I would go for a table spoon or two of lecithin a day at the very least. Lecithin has the advantage of keeping choline levels elevated longer than other sources, but you may want to add in another source to get about a gram of choline a day.

#5 patrick

• 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:44 PM

My family owns two GNC stores, so anything I want from there, I can get for free.

Lucky you! If I had a free shopping trip at GNC, I would pick up something like this:

Natural Brand™ Vinpocetine Product No: 435811 60 tablets
GNC L-Phenylalanine 500 Product No: 011611 30 capsules
GNC PS 100 Product No: 266311 30 soft gel capsules (phosphatidyl serine)
Herbal Plus® Standardized Huperzine A Product No: 490011 60 tablets
GNC Pantothenic Acid 500 Product No: 100412 100 capsules (vitamin b-5)
GNC Triple Lecithin™ 1200 Product No: 147621 180 soft gel capsules
GNC Choline 250 Inositol 250 Product No: 012711 100 tablets
GNC DHEA 25 Product No: 544181 90 capsules
GNC L-Arginine 500 Product No: 029011 90 capsules
GNC L-Carnitine 250 Product No: 140021 60 capsules

and some yummy gingko biloba.

Patrick

#6 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

It's certainly a fun place to work, not to mention that I do learn alot (actually, im sitting at work as we speak...or type in this case)

I'm thinking of switching to the Triple Lecithin 1200 rather than the 400, and adding Choline 250 and DMAE 250. Would that make sense, or should I just drop the lecithin and just get the Choline 250?

Also, what would the L-Phenylalanine, L-Arginine, and L-Carnitine do? And what would DHEA do vs DMAE?

Jolly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge is Power: Learn!...then go out and do it some more.

#7 dademurphy

• 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 01:31 AM

Since we're talking about GNC, any opinions of their Mega Men's Multi-Vitamin, I hear it
is supposed to be one of the better ones?

#8 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 02:11 AM

Personally, I like the UltraMegaGold a bit better, as it has more b's/digestive enzymes,but the MegaMens pretty good too

#9 patrick

• 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:28 PM

Jolly, sorry for not getting back to you.

I am afraid I cannot offer any advice on Arginine, Carnitine, etc. that you can't easily find in these forums, the GNC website, and other places.

I wish you great success.

Patrick

#10 patrick

• 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:28 PM

Jolly, sorry for not getting back to you.

I am afraid I cannot offer any advice on Arginine, Carnitine, etc. that you can't easily find in these forums, the GNC website, and other places.

I wish you great success.

Patrick

#11 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:22 PM

It's certainly a fun place to work, not to mention that I do learn alot (actually, im sitting at work as we speak...or type in this case)

I'm thinking of switching to the Triple Lecithin 1200 rather than the 400, and adding Choline 250 and DMAE 250.  Would that make sense, or should I just drop the lecithin and just get the Choline 250? 

Also, what would the L-Phenylalanine, L-Arginine, and L-Carnitine do? And what would DHEA do vs DMAE? 

Jolly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge is Power: Learn!...then go out and do it some more.

I would go with choline, lecithin, and DMAE, if that is an option.

L-phenylalanine is the precursor to phenylethylamine, an "endegenous amphetamine," and may increase energy/memory. It is also a dopamine precursor. Too much can raise blood pressure dangerously.

L-arginine, I do not think is very useful other than for erectile dysfunction.

L-carnitine has a host of benefits. Improved learning/memory, cardiovascular health, fat loss, many others. Everyone should supplement with it IMO.

DMAE and DHEA are completely different - DMAE is a neurotransmittor precursor, DHEA is a hormone precursor. Both also have direct actions.

#12 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:37 PM

Makes sence, I've heard about L-Arginine used more to increase the "pump" weightlifters get when working out. Similarily DHEA used to be used as a hormonal precursor, again for weightlifters - I just wasn't sure if there was any cognitive benifits that I was unaware of.

Would It make more sense just to take more Choline rather than lecithin/choline/DMAE, if choline is what we want in the end?

Whats your opinion on Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs regular L-Caritine? Most of the information that ive read has to do with the Acetyl form, does it really make a diffrence?

#13 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:48 AM

Makes sence, I've heard about L-Arginine used more to increase the "pump" weightlifters get when working out.  Similarily DHEA used to be used as a hormonal precursor, again for weightlifters - I just wasn't sure if there was any cognitive benifits that I was unaware of. 

Would It make more sense just to take more Choline rather than lecithin/choline/DMAE, if choline is what we want in the end? 

Whats your opinion on Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs regular L-Caritine?  Most of the information that ive read has to do with the Acetyl form, does it really make a diffrence?

Well I've heard supplemental DMAE more effectively increases choline levels than choline does (haven't looked into it). I've heard of DHEA being used for cognition enhancement but I don't know much about this either. Lecithin is more bioavailable and keeps choline levels elevated for about twice as long as choline so it is best before bed. ALCAR and l-carnitine are not pharmacologically different; ALCAR is deacetylated to carnitine in the intestine and reacetylated later on. However, there is some evidence that ALCAR is more bioavailable. And it is less expensive.

David

#14 D Sade

• 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:59 AM

DL Phenylalanine is supposed to be much more potent than l-phenylalanine.

I have been taking it for a few weeks now and I feel more alert.

#15 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:37 PM

Acetyl-L-Carnitine is about twice as expensive compared to L-Carnitine.

#16 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:19 AM

Acetyl-L-Carnitine is about twice as expensive compared to L-Carnitine.

Depends on the source. When buying in bulk, ALCAR is cheaper. The cheapest places I know of to get ALCAR are

http://www.beyond-a-century.com/
http://www.bulknutri...products_id=669

Never seen L-carnitine at a better price. Bulknutrition is slightly less expensive, if you buy 4+ units.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 jolly

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:42 PM

Quite interesting, atleast in our store, ALCAR is about twice as expensive....could just be GNC's messed up pricing schemes again however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users