Photo
- - - - -

Odd nervous affliction

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:42 AM

This may not be a totally appropriate forum to put this in, but oh well.

I'm just going to link up to the thread on M&M where I discuss this new problem of mine:
http://www.mindandmu...showtopic=29524

As strange/unheard-of as this seems to be it's a longshot, but maybe someone here can give me some clues, share some knowledge.

At this point the whole thing is really getting to me: destroying my cognition, ruining my days.

As noted in the thread ... note this isn't a generalized anxiety disorder, or a specific anxiety disorder. The anxious reactions occur in response to very little at all.

I'm still waiting for some packages (propranolol, olive leaf extract, etc), in order to try some of the techniques we came up with in the thread.

Anyway, any words would be much appreciated. Peace immortalists!

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:50 AM

sounds to be like you had a deeply scarring emotional incident w/ the bad trip

i would suggest some long, introspective meditations...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

Graatch, the M&M guys had a lot of good suggestions. You could rule out a hiatal hernia with barium x-rays or endoscopy, or even a cat scan, probably. Do you have a lot of heartburn? Have you tried benzodiazepine anxiolytics? That might help differentiate between psychological and physical causes. You had an enteric infection around the time this started, and even after the gross symptoms subside, residual subclinical infection can raise all kinds of havoc if the bugs are expressing an antigen that looks like something in your body. If I thought I had something like that going on, I would hit it with a broad spectrum antibiotic; I wouldn't pussyfoot around. Gut flora can be reestablished, but you gotta get rid of the bad guys. Good luck in any case, I hope you get it sorted out.

#4 durandal

• 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:06 AM

Out of curiosity, does actual LSD exist on the street anymore?

#5 graatch

• Topic Starter
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

> Out of curiosity, does actual LSD exist on the street anymore?

ayup.

There was a dearth after a 2003 bust, but it began to reappear in festival settings about a year ago in full force. There are also people putting halogenated psychedelic amphetamines (DOx) on blotter paper to pass off as acid, which is dangerous and foolish.

-----

ajnast4r: I considered taking another intensive dose of an appropriate psychedelic ... and focusing on my stomach ... I may yet try that

niner: Thanks so much for the ideas. I don't seem to have any symptoms of GERD, but what I'm google-uncovering (when I'm not clamped down with the shocks) with regards to the hiatal hernia and some sort of relation to tremors ... similar symptoms experienced by others ... an interaction with the vagus nerve ... all of this is pretty intriguing.

At night the rapid cycle of relaxation and sudden nervous pulses produce chest pains. Been taking hypnotics to knock myself out.

It just may be it, the hernia. It's too bad I'm 19 with no cash and parents who've spent way enough already on my health problems ... ugh, time to stop moaning. There are techniques on the net, I think, where I can find a way to help the hernia myself ... should look into that.

Benzos: Tried these ... at low doses, they produce relaxation that is quickly overcome by the nervous shocks, which continue. The relaxed state is obliterated, ten, twenty minutes. Higher, euphoric doses seem to help. For obvious reasons I'm worried about going down this road.

I'm going to grab the old amoxycillin from home as you suggested, if olive leaf/MSM/coconut oil produce no results within a week or so ...

In the meantime hopefully the propranolol in the mail can buy me time to work with these options.

The worst part of all this is the eventual effects of the constant adrenaline shocks ... I can't concentrate on anything. I'm starting to forget shit. I react with nervousness to ... the beloved family pet. It's grinding me down.

Umm, I'll keep you updated if this isn't too morbid already. Thanks for the great post, again

#6 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:00 AM

Everyone is familiar with the sudden shock, adrenaline-response, like a punch in the gut, that they get when they hear a too-loud noise suddenly, or in a horror movie when the monster jumps out[...]

Hmm. Judging from experience, try to get off any cholinergics and excess choline sources for a year or so, if you are taking them.

Independently from all else, I find that too much cholinergics exacerbate the 'shock' effect, greatly intensify your reaction to small things, like getting shocked from a loud noise or someone apporaching you from behind. Has never been a problem for me, I just ignored or laughed at any overreaction a second later (i.e. not coupled with any anxiety).

But that may be different based on personality etc. Or some choline transmission pathways might be abnormal, as can happen with dopamine. In any case I've pretty much isolated excess choline as causing overreactions of reacting shocked on little things (overstimulation of sympathicus?) and reducing them stops that effect.

#7 graatch

• Topic Starter
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:02 AM

Another thing that makes me wonder about the hernia is that the shocks are definitely activated when I change my position: eg moving from lying down to standing. I get the worst ones just then.

#8 durandal

• 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

Ah, I thought LSD had disappeared completely after that big 2000 bust, but I guess it made a comeback. Are you sure that what you had was LSD or just a potent tryptamine?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image
LSD Molecule

Sorry to hear you had a bad 'trip'. I've had similar negative experiences on some psychedelic things, it's completely a subjective experience. On the flip side though, I've also had many positive, enlightening experiences which helped me personally identify issues I had with whatever, and it helped me see things from a different perspective (but not in the same cliche way you may assume).

I used to have a lot of unfounded anxiety problems, it was a sensation as if I always had to take a 'deep breath' to control it. It wasn't caused by anything in particular, I just had this constantl feeling as if some extremely important deadline was approaching that I knew I would never make, it sounds odd, but that's the best way to describe the sensation (maybe subconsciously it was the prospect of inevitable death?).

Low and behold, occasionally smoking a bit of marijuana helped control that issue for a while. I've come to terms with it since, and everyday to me is an amazing day (now if only I could synchronize my state of mind with how my body always feels).

My finest advice I could give you would be to change your mentality. Instead of accepting the fact that your nervousness is bothering you, convince yourself that it's merely a chemical imbalance in your brain, and you have full control over whatever it is you want to feel. I try and keep a constant positive attitude, and more often than not, with that kind of positivity, more good things happen than bad (or perhaps maybe I only acknowledge the good things and ignore the bad ones now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users