Photo
- - - - -

Suppliers? Which Ones To Go With?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:59 AM

I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place for the question or if it has been covered already in another thread, but I imagine the quality of distributors is a big issue for most of you. Are we getting our money's worth(as in, the product is actually what its supposed to be) and can we be sure of non-contamination?

In that vein, I am thinking of buying Acai powder and Pomegranate, P40p from Beyond A Century. The prices are great. In fact, they almost seem too good--they're damn cheap, compared to most competitors I've seen. So that begs the question:

How do people feel about BAC? Are they confident in quality and safety of their products? I don't see much in the way of independent testing of their items, so it makes me a little wary.

Looking at the issue of Acai powder and Pomegranate, I noticed, for instance, that Duke Nukem says he gets his Acai(unless he's changed suppliers) from BAC, but his Pomegranate from FruitFast. I am kind of curious as to why(if he's lurking around); the added extra shipping costs alone would be a deterence, not to mention the difference in prices. Now FruitFast doesn't seem to offer Acai, but BAC offers both--does that mean FruitFast is better than BAC and he's only going with BAC for Acai because FruitFast lacks Acai as a product?

Also, do folks have favored suppliers that maybe they could list? Good prices, good quality, high assurance of safety.

Once again, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I saw a forum dedicated to this topic in the nootropic section, but not for general health care supplements.

#2 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

BAC has a generally good reputation, but some have had issues with their QA stringency. Paul and Kitty Wakfer, IIRC, no longer purchase from them due to discrepancies in how BAC was evaluating the products it sold.

I'd stick with brand name companies with strong QA/QC, such as NOW Foods, AOR, etc. to ensure you're getting the best quality supplement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

As always, I would suggest any company that is part of the Natural Products Association as their true label (Trulabel) program will stop a company from selling their products from the conventions and strip them of membership if they are found not meeting standards:

some info is here:
http://nnfa.convio.n...=ic_bg_trulabel

RevGenetics, like LEF, Country Life, Now Foods, and a few are all currently registered and abide by the Trulabel program.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 franksmithjaj

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

After my partners and I got burned by FruitFast a few years ago, now we only buy from companies with strong QA/QC and reputable management teams. Beside the FruitFast company has changed names so often over the past five years. The only reason they are still in business is because they keep changing names. They attempt to fool people with a new name every few years. We used to sell there products but they cut us off because they got greedy. They cut off all of there distributors.

Way back then, in 2002, they where then selling under the Flavoniod Sciences brand, then they changed to Brownwood Acres now they have changed to FruitFast. 3 names in just 5 years, they must be spending alot of money on new business cards. :-).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users