Photo
- - - - -

Definitive Carnosine Dose?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orbital

• 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:22 AM

I've been doing some searching/googling in an attempt to find a definitive anti-aging dose of L-Carnosine, is there general agreement here?

Many of the respected supplement companies formulate in 500mg doses, as you'll know.

In this interview, however-

http://www.1stvitali...w_carnosine.htm

Dr Mario Kyriazis (whom I'd never heard of before I began the net searches) reaches the conclusion "I think that anything between 50mg-200mg, perhaps ideally 100mg-150 mg a day is justified."

Does anyone have details of more substantial research?

#2 marting

• 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

I think the recommneded dosis is 1000 mg - divided in 2x500 mg per day - I recall I looked into it as well and there is some debate about it (e.g. a few have talked of the risk of developing carnosinemia with higher dosis, but this has never been proven) - but e.g. LEF uses 1000 mg in their anti aging formula and they claim that 150-200 mg may just be too little to get any of the anti aging effect we are after - Age breaker (anti glucation effect) etc - but maybe someone here can refer to some studies so that we can get closer to determining an optimal dosis. Meanwhile, I will stick to my 1000 mg a day.

Br

Martin

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users