• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

"Do You Want to Live Forever?" video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Here is a short piece from the Do You Want To Live Forever documentary that appeared on Channel 4.

I am sure everyone here knows about the "7 things" we need to fix to cure aging, but here they are again as described by Aubrey de Grey. (with slightly more detail at the end on the 2 specific novel ideas by Aubrey, WILT to defeat cancer and the enzymes to digest cellular garbage):

#2 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Of course, if anyone wants more detail than this short clip (especially on the two novel approaches he described at the end), then they can watch Aubrey de Grey's two TechTalks that he did at Google, the first of which talks about more of an overview and the enzymes coming from bacteria in graveyards, and the second of which goes into dramatically more detail on WILT and defeating cancer.

#3 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Live Forever,

That's a very good clip. Looks like these reviews were justified:

"If only all documentaries were this intellectually and emotionally involving" Time Out
"Oh boy! Wait till you see this one! Extraordinary, droll and thought-provoking" The Times
"They're never half-hearted at Channel 4, are they?" Evening Standard
"Genuinely fascinating documentary" Daily Mail
"Fascinating... Intriguing" Daily Mirror
"Wonderfully entertaining... high comedy" The Independent
"Brilliant" Daily Express
"Channel 4 almost redeems itself with Do You Want to Live Forever?" Financial Times

As mentioned earlier this year, I would like to see the entire documentary.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

If you look at the comments posted on the YouTube video someone indicates a website where you can download the whole documentary. I hope it is uploaded to youtube soon though, because I couldn't be bothered downloading all 15 parts through that website.

(Where did your post go LF?)

Edited by Aegist, 14 August 2007 - 11:37 PM.

#5 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

Oh man, you must have been quick. I deleted it within a few seconds of posting it, haha. I thought it was argumentative and that wasn't the tone I was trying to go for.

In any event, I downloaded all the parts, combined them, and uploaded the video to Google videos. For anyone interested, I went back and edited the first post in this thread to insert it in: http://www.imminst.o...f=69&t=14388&s=
(can get the original file to anyone that wants it as well, just reply in that thread)

Edited by Live Forever, 17 August 2007 - 11:19 PM.

#6 air90

• Guest, F@H
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Thanks, Ive been looking for this video.

#7 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

Oh man, you must have been quick. I deleted it within a few seconds of posting it, haha.

Email subscription sends me the text whenever someone posts. SO i got the posting, then it wasn't here when i came.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users