- - - - -

Resveratrol Bioavailability

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bionutra

• 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hi all

I have been searching for the bioavailability studies regarding miracle molecule-Resveratrol.It seems to me that it lasts only for 1 or 2 hrs after oral adminstration.

Please can any one detail regarding advanced studies related to bioavailability of resveratrol.

Thanks

:p

#2 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

Check out Pat Arnold's research with 6-OXO Extreme.

http://www.ergopharm...6oxoextreme.php

"Resveratrol has a problem though, and it concerns its bioavailability. When you consume resveratrol it is absorbed adequately into the blood stream but after that it is very quickly sulfated and glucuronidated by enzymes. What this means is that it is transformed into inactive derivatives meant for elimination from the body. To get an active quantity of resveratrol into the body you have to overcome this problem. This is done by simultaneously ingesting compounds (quercetin and piperine) that will use up these enzymes preferentially, leaving the resveratrol free to circulate in the body. A large dose must also be taken, as the enzyme blocking will only be partially effective."

I'm currently taking 6-OXO Extreme purely for the Resveratrol benefit, meaning 2200mg of it pumping through my veins every day, and I feel great. I've contacted Pat asking him how much Trans was in it, and he said that "almost all" of it was trans.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users