Photo
- - - - -

Condensing the Resveratrol Threads.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

We've got like a dozen threads now with people talking about resveratrol and their successes, etc. I've heard of people using miralax, quercetin, piperine, etc. I've heard of varied doses, etc. I've heard of single doses per day or multiple doses per day. With or without food. Weight losses or not. Successes in 2 weeks or 2 years. Etc. 500 mg clubs or 1000 mg clubs, etc. It's all over the place.

I'd like to see a thread that combines the various criteria(and adds more, if folks think I've missed something).
Weight:
Dose:
Supplier:
Time of Day: (As in multiple doses or single dose, empty stomach or not, etc).
Combinations:
Date started:
Change in Lifestyle:
Effects Noted:

I'll start it off:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 230
Dose: Initially 100 mg per day. Moved to 1000 mg per day. Finally, 2.3 grams per day.
Supplier: Longevinex, Relentless Improvement and RevGenetics.
Time of Day: First thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Single dose.
Combinations: Dose is combined with quercetin(50 mg) and lecithin(50mg). Also some olive oil(1 gram), since I keep hearing in various threads that resveratrol needs a little fat for proper absorption.
Date Started: November, 2006: 100 mg. July, 2007: 1000 mg. August, 2007: 2.3 grams.
Change in Lifestyle: Stopped smoking in July. Added vigorous supplement regimen in July. Felt better for a week or so, but I attribute that mostly to quitting smoking.
Effects Noted: Unfortunately, I didn't have my vitals checked before starting on this regimen, but I'll be going into the doctor's in a month's time for a full work up. I'll report any changes from my last visit on this thread.
However: I did not notice any anecdotal changes in the 8 initial months on 100 mg. Nor did I notice any changes in the 1 month on 1000 mg. Finally, I did not notice any anecdotal evidence of effects in this last month on 2.3 grams.

Edited by suspire, 17 August 2007 - 05:07 PM.

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

This might better be tracked as an excell spreadsheet, which could be uploaded, or kept as a database on a Yahoo users group -- i don't see the facility on Imminst.org. There is a Resveratrol Users Group on Yahoo: http://health.groups...veratrol-users/ which could serve as a repository for results.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

All the information I've listed above is actually in various threads already. The problem is, it is scattered all over the place and what ends up happening is:

X says: I've gotten weight loss results from resveratol!
Y says: What dosage? Anything used with it? Have you changed your diet?

And so on. People post scattered info about their resveratol experiences and then there are a half dozen accompanying posts asking...all the usual questions(dose per kg/lb, combinations, etc).

I think it'd be a simple enough thing for people to post all this info in a single thread and since we're all here to talk about products like resveratol, better than going to another group to do so.

Then you can just post another post 3 months down the road with updates, if there are any important ones. That's just me, though. I think it'd be more helpful to community to do it in organized fashion, since we invariably end up asking the same questions over and over again and then new members end up being told "use the search function to find your answer" and they have to sift through 100 pages in 10 different threads.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 efosse

• 135 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

I completely agree with Suspire -- I'm interested in know reported effects but with dosage and bioavail info. I'd post info but I'm not taking resv right now (waiting on a shipment). cheers, efosse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users