Photo
- - - - -

Anxiety and confidence.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

I want to say a few things to my boss about his company and this make me anxious. If I want to be able to say what I want to say without stuttering, I will need some chemical help. I need to be alert, confident and anxiety-less. My best bet seems to be Piracetam but should I had something else?

#2 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

St. John's Wort might help.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

It's just for one day. St John's Wort is more a long term supplement.

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

PHENIBUT

#5 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

I would suggest coffee or tea. And most important, drink it together with your boss to create the right atmosphere for a friendly talk. Then, ask questions and keep an open mind for his views as well. Create a dialogue.

No supplements needed if you ask me, be natural. Who cares you will be nervous in the beginning?

#6 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

I'd worry more about the state of your boss when you tell him and not how comfortable you are. How he takes what you say is going to affect the end result more than how much your palms sweat. Now, I'm never one to belittle the power of confidence, so your delivery is going to be important, but maybe not the number one thing to think about.

#7 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the greats suggestions. He is a very sentitive guy, a bit emotional I think. His company is like his little baby. Everyone in the company think that he try too hard to control everything but nobody dare to tell him... and I know it's hurt him when someone says something bad about his company.

#8 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

... and I know it's hurt him when someone says something bad about his company.

That's just childish and even foolish if you ask me. Not being open to criticism surely isn't the right attitude to run a company. Hell yeah he can blow it back in your face but what needs to be said needs to be said! If he can't appreciate some input/comments well than I guess that's his problem and he'll probaly regret in the future.

Do your thing! Try not to get all to emotional and make clear he shouldn't take it personal. Wouldn't recommend supplements either but if you really suffer from anxiety around this Propranol might be of some help... But than again just do it, it seems the right thing to do :-D

#9 ksperfection

• 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Focus on the positive improvement that you suggest and not the negative stuff that is happening.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

That's just childish and even foolish if you ask me. Not being open to criticism surely isn't the right attitude to run a company. Hell yeah he can blow it back in your face but what needs to be said needs to be said! If he can't appreciate some input/comments well than I guess that's his problem and he'll probaly regret in the future.

Do your thing! Try not to get all to emotional and make clear he shouldn't take it personal. Wouldn't recommend supplements either but if you really suffer from anxiety around this Propranol might be of some help... But than again just do it, it seems the right thing to do :-D

Spoken like a true businessman. I absolutely love criticism, either because I take pleasure in 'returning it to sender' when it's unfounded criticism, and it's also a great way to gauge a perspective that's not of your own.

I used to have these 'confidence' issues as well, they're extremely hard to overcome. You need to be a diplomat if you're going to talk to your boss and you need to say something important. Remember, it's not really what you say, but how you say it. You should read a few quick notes on reading body language and tone, etc... It might calm you down. Just remember, be positive, seem absolute with your suggestions, and always suggest your ideas 'in the best interest of the company'. If your boss sees that you genuinely want to improve his company with your suggestions, he might get comfortable with it and will flow.

If he takes it the wrong way and acts childish, well take consolation in the fact that you're working for an immature employer, and being the potential seeker that you are, you owe it to yourself to find better opportunities.

Be honest, talk firmly, and tell him what's on your mind in a positive manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users