Photo
- - - - -

eye floaters

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Mouser

• 81 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

I've always noticed floaters occasionally. But lately there's been one in my right eye that is especially dark and frequently close to the center of vision. I notice it all the time when reading and it is very annoying when trying to read a bright computer screen. Sounds like there's no good solution. Here's something that might be important... starting a couple months ago my creatinine levels were high (just a little above the upper reference range). Last check creatinine was back within normal, but just. From where I sit the kidney connection doesn't seem so far fetched.

#32 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

get bionic eyes
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#33 bob412

• 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Yep, I have them too but only in my left eye. My right eye is perfectly clear. Which makes me think that its not a problem with diet or nutrients etcetera (or else both eyes would be affected) so I'm thinking it is not something that we can do much about.

Mostly I don't notice them accept for when I drive, as the wikipedia article said the backdrop of a blue sky makes them noticeable. And yes they drive me nuts sometimes, I was wondering what they were and then I saw this posting and now realize that its a common issue and not something to worry about.

One interesting possibility is that I had Lasik surgery (which worked great for my vision) about 6 years ago and I never noticed the "floaters" in my left eye until the year following the surgery. Maybe its coincidence but it makes me think that some particle of dust or foreign matter got into my left eye during surgery when they peel open the cornea to laser it and caused the problem. I wonder how many people with floater issues have had Lasik or RK or some other eye surgery.

I also developed floaters after my Lasik surgery. but this is caused by the trauma the eye suffers when it is sliced open. Small capillaries break loose inside the eye and float on the clear fluid, not dust particles that were trapped during the procedure.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#35 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

Did I tell you that all my floaters are gone! xD

yes I did... so it is possible, somehow o.o

#36 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

I don't have floaters anymore. I don't know what did the trick, but my current regime is focused on repairing connective tissue/hyaluronic acid...so I think that's where the problem llies.

#37 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

I had a bunch of floaters early this year plus a large one. The little ones looked like tiny red blood cells. They are all gone now except for the large one and I hardly notice it anymore. I'm not sure what did it because I take a lot of anti oxidants mostly in the form of herbs plus nac, etc etc.

#38 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Did I tell you that all my floaters are gone! xD

yes I did... so it is possible, somehow o.o

What did you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users