• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Load of videos at Betterhumans

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

Betterhumans has begun having a video section that seems to be constantly updated with new stuff:
http://www.betterhum...os/default.aspx

Just thought I'd share for anyone interested.

Edited by Live Forever, 29 August 2007 - 06:46 PM.

#2 Neurosail

• Life Member, F@H
  • 311 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Better Humans seems to have the news and videos and ImmInst has the forums.
Why not merge the two sites?

Can one website buy out another website? :)

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

I know Simon who runs Betterhumans...he is looking to make it a more community oriented site after his big spring re-vamp of the site. He's rounded up lots of interesting people to contribute writing also...good quality site for sure.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

Maybe the ImmInst forum, could be their forum? A direct link, or more collaboration?

I've been at Betterhumans a lot, but they don't have the forum action ImmInst does, I've liked their breaking news feature :)

#5 veritasbh

• 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:54 AM

Hi all,

I'm deputy editor over at Betterhumans. Thanks for the kind words concerning the improved newsfeeds and videos section. Since I've devoted a lot of time on developing both in the past few months, I appreciate it! But we've witnessed a long, slow decline in the forums there. Our Featured Bloggers section was an effort to kickstart discussions, with limited success. We're not giving up on it just yet, though. ; )

Simon has some plans to foster increased networking between several sites similar to both ours and this one. Details should be forthcoming in late September. Any ideas or suggestions of how we can work closer to ImmInst would be welcome! I think a lot of us (BH, ImmInst, IEET, SIAI, Lifeboat, Speculist, FightAging, etc) tend to work on similar items, and some consolidation of skills between sites makes a lot of sense.

On the flip side, a little competition can work great too. I've developed a little friendly rivalry with Thoughtware.tv, which focuses on transhumanism vids. I don't agree with all their choices, in terms of quality/topic, but they get some real gems from time to time. There's a lot of overlap (you're welcome, thoughtware. haha), but they are definitely worth checking out from time to time.

As a side note, I found these three vids for a "History of Atheism"...not sure it's 100% appropriate for BH, as it's REALLY focused on atheism rather than debunking superstitions, myths, etc. But the folks here might find it interesting...the part on the founding fathers definitely made part 1 worth watching.

http://video.google....104590805018608
http://video.google....184064060187674
http://video.google....247489673453933

Thanks to liveforever for sparking this discussion and sharing the vids!

-Parish

#6 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

I think future collaboration would be a great idea.

#7 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

Simon is the man. I sometimes wish we could amalgamate the two sites, with betterhumans being more news/tech focused and imminst a forum/debate evironment, what with our similar transhumanist ideals - it'd be beautiful, baby.

#8 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

Simon is the man. I sometimes wish we could amalgamate the two sites, with betterhumans being more news/tech focused and imminst a forum/debate evironment, what with our similar transhumanist ideals - it'd be beautiful, baby.

put a proposal together and see if you can sell it :))

#9 andres

• 36 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:34 AM

Hi,

Parish is right. Competition works great too ;-)

It is an exciting time. We're all working together towards a very similar goal. Thoughtware.Tv is devoted to centralizing all world-changing, transhumanist multimedia content on the web.

The goal is to serve as a platform for introducing the general public to transhumanism and, specifically, optimistic memes on life, science and new technologies.

I'm Andres, President of Thoughtware.TV.

I extend a congratulation to the good folks here at ImmInst and also our friends at Betterhumans.com

I hope we can all work together in the future :-)

• Lurker

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hi Andres!

Welcome to Imminst........its good you finally joined. I'm a regular visitor of Thoughtware.tv. Keep up the good work!

#11 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Thank you for this post, I go to Betterhumans about twice daily (haven't in a few days, way too busy). I love videos on the net, especially informative/thought provoking ones.

Thank you again!

#12 Athan

• 156 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

Never seen this site before, good stuff. That picture of the tinted eye with the binary going through it gives me a visualgasm [lol]

Nice videos, very cool site :)

• Lurker

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Here is the link to thoughtware:

http://thoughtware.tv/

#14 andres

• 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

I like Imminst very much. Thank you for the warm welcome and for sharing the Thoughtware.TV with the community, Sanjay :-)

Those precious gems Praish praised are regularly added by the community. Rather than being a web controlled by a single webmaster or entity, any user who finds transhumanist and optimsitic content can share it with the world on Thoughtware.TV

We're quickening the pace of progress on the site. I'm really glad you enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users