Photo
- - - - -

Where do I buy AOR products?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:54 AM

Relentless Improvement and Unique Nutrition only sell some AOR products, not all. For example, where can I buy AOR Benegene and ACTA Resveratrol? Are there any major stores in the US (such as Walmart or Costco) which carry these?

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:58 AM

contact pete (the owner of RI) and ask him.. he will order them for you.

and no, no major stores that i know of carry AOR... some mom an pop shops, and they will never beat RI's price.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:16 PM

>>> and they will never beat RI's price

I find/buy cheaper AOR products on Amazon.com all the time.

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

amazon.com isnt a mom and pop shop

#5 tothepoint

• 58 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

I only saw 6 random products from AOR on Amazon, not including Ortho Core

#6 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:11 AM

It's not hard to beat RI's price/quantity, particularly on Ortho Core. However, I notice that my old OrthoCore that I got from RI is the US version whereas the new stuff appears to be the Canadian version -- either that or AOR changed their formula. One difference is that there is no US flag on the new stuff. Second the new stuff is 989 mg (I assume that is per capsule?) and the old Ortho Core is 463 mg. Other than that the bottles look the same and both have lot number and expiration date and were sealed the same. Only AOR bottles their supplements right, not the distributor?

#7 renwosing

• 148 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:29 AM

You can get AOR products from UN.

I am still looking for AOR's Stimuliv.

Renwosing

#8 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

AOR appears to be largely a product available outside of the states, though I did purchase two bottles of that other R-Lipoic Acid from Unique Nutrition after reading this post (the time-release one), and that was a state source.

#9 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

I've gotten some AOR products by requesting them via email from suppliers even when the vendor doesn't list them publicly on their retail website.

#10 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

I think you might need to search amazon using "A.O.R.".

Result for ortho-core.

Stephen

#11 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

It's not hard to beat RI's price/quantity, particularly on Ortho Core.  However, I notice that my old OrthoCore that I got from RI is the US version whereas the new stuff appears to be the Canadian version -- either that or AOR changed their formula.  One difference is that there is no US flag on the new stuff.  Second the new stuff is 989 mg (I assume that is per capsule?) and the old Ortho Core is 463 mg.  Other than that the bottles look the same and both have lot number and expiration date and were sealed the same.  Only AOR bottles their supplements right, not the distributor?

Pete said that was a glitch.

#12 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:32 AM

I find/buy cheaper AOR products on Amazon.com all the time.

perhaps, but if there is an alternative incentive to purchase from Pete....like advocacy of the life extension movement :p then I could personally justify the higher prices. And that's coming from a staunch capitalist BTW. [:o]

I'm willing, and I would hope many here are, to further the movement by slight inconveniences in petty price wars amongst supplement manufacturers.

but I could be wrong. [mellow]

#13 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:08 AM

perhaps, but if there is an alternative incentive to purchase from Pete....like advocacy of the life extension movement :p  then I could personally justify the higher prices. And that's coming from a staunch capitalist BTW. [:o]

Yeah, if this is important to you...Relentless Improvement has given over $7000 to the MPrize, and sponsors some other LE-related sites.

#14 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, if this is important to you...Relentless Improvement has given over $7000 to the MPrize, and sponsors some other LE-related sites.

Interesting. I didn't know this, and this may have caused me to buy more from Pete. (In fact, I still spend about $1-2000 a year with Pete. But, I buy an equal amount from Amazon because it's cheaper, and definitely more convenient with the one-click buying.)

But, the key point I wanted to bring up is that Pete should promote that he supports the MPrize. That would earn him a lot of goodwill, and thus additional business. Frankly, my opinion of Pete is that he is mostly terrible at marketing, based on everything I've seen of hs website. But then, 90% of all businesses drop the marketing ball and leave a lot of unclaimed business on the table. Pete's site is horrible, and it comes off as a cheap site with all of the canned images of people he sues. Whenever I go to his site I'm always struck by how lame it is. Yet, if you ask him, I'm certain he thinks it's good.

If he knew what he was doing, marketing-wise, he'd drop all of those lame pics of unidentified people, and instead only use his picture. In otherwise, as a small operation, he should promote himself as the company spokesman and image, and build customer trust in that way. Instead, we never see him. All companies should have a visible front man, like Steve Jobs of Apple, and the Wendy's owner (before he died). Companies are inherently faceless, and that's their weakness.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but the bottom-line is that Pete could double his business with a little marketing savvy. Will this happen. I give it a near-zero chance. People who don't understand marketing, don't understand that potential benefits of doing it right.

#15 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

The site is horrendous and so user-unfriendly I can't stand it. I like Vitacost the best, user interface is very important to me as much as price. I find the right products, see reviews, easily compare other things by ingredients, find what other people also bought, etc.

The MPrize thing is cool and the products RI carries are great like Geronova or AOR, but the site really, really, really sucks. On that subject...not that Geronova is a retailer (directly), but that site could be worse still like something out of the early 90s.

AOR is a beautiful site and clean. LEF is content rich, but not polished eanough for a clean experience. Just some thoughts.

A website often says a great deal to me about the quality of the company and the pride in it. I never buy things online from a shoddy looking site. If it wasn't for this board giving their word on his reputation I wouldn't even ever think to buy anything there.

#16 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

These other sites have AOR too:
http://www.nutplus.c...hpshop&Itemid=1
http://www.goodhealt...P2108C1680.aspx
http://www.aviva.ca/...=2593&catid=176 (bad prices)

There's 171 products listed for AOR on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co...931&brand=A.O.R.

#17 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:19 AM

I bought from Unique Nutrition and they sent me the Canadian stuff. Not sure if I like the US or Canadian version better. Actually, I don't really know if OrthoCore is doing anything for me, kind of like insurance I guess.

Duke, you are a computer geek. I don't (and I assume most rational people) don't care about what the website looks like, they only care about the user-interface and the reputation of what the website sells. I have used Relentless Improvement in the past and had no troubles ordering products through it. Most importantly, their shipping is fast. That's what I care about. Your comments about marketing are correct and a website like RI should feature Pete instead of random people. I do not think that Pete is a marketing fool, he advertises on this site and even bought the equivalent .com domain name of his competition and for a while redirected the link back to his site. Regarding style, I like linux.com, a good website.

What I care about most, however, is the quality of the stuff that I am buying. If it comes from AOR, I trust the product, but for others I want to see third party purity verification.

#18 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

Threads like this are difficult for navigators to manage. They can easily turn into spam fests and viral marketing swamps. It has been going ok so far, but I wanted to let everyone know I edited out part of a post that indicated a particular company was having a big sale on a certain product (with price listed). This type of post is not allowed.

#19 quicksilver

• 98 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

True but if I can save 20-25% off my order for LEF and AOR items I will. I could care less when it goes after that. If i want to support Mprize I would do it directly. Otherwise it's like paying taxes and the gov decides where and what your money is spent on.

#20 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:55 AM

I was the one that posted the big sale, while doing a search on all sites that carry AOR products. I thought members would like to know. I have zero affiliation with any of the sites and posted ALL of them. Every single one I could find. I thought that was being quite helpful given the context of the thread. And when one can get the aforementioned product for $35 over 55-60-or up $70...I'd say its worth throwing out there. Actually, I don't like the user interface of the site that has the sale either and probably wouldn't buy from there. But it's another popular one here...so be it.

#21 jnutter

• 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

I've always gotten my Ortho-Core and -Mind from agoodvitamin.com. $45 USD for Core, and orders over $75 get free shipping.

Edited to add: looks like RI has Mind for less enough that you only save $1 on the two, even after RI's shipping costs.

#22 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

I just ordered from relentless improvement. In quantities of 4 or more, ortho-core cost $40.

Stephen

#23 quicksilver

• 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

$34.99 for 1 bottle of Ortho-core and $37.99 for 1 bottle of Ortho-Mind. Anything more is a rip off.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

OK, this one has gone on long enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users