Photo
- - - - -

ADHD and Depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deadstar711

• 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:43 AM

I saw yet another psychiatrist this past week but this one was within the University I attend. I went through a couple tests and an 1 hr to 1 hr 1/2 conversation about things. At the end of the session he told me thinks I have "ADD and Dysthymic Depression". He explained the latter and it made some sense to me but I have never heard of it. He then proceeded to ask me how I felt about medications and such. I told him how I have used Modafinil, Tyrosine, and Caffeine to treat whatever has been going on for the past 7-8 yrs (the last couple more Modafinil use). He didn't know about Modafinil, but told me he'd be willing to read about it and see what it has to offer. Anyway, he told me he'd like to prescribe a combination of either Wellbutrin & Dexedrine to OR Strattera & Dexedrine or Effexor & Dexedrine. He said the synergistic work will "combat both of your disorders". I am skeptical of this and honestly would like to find an alternative way. So with that being said, is there a safer route to take to help these issues?

#2 chipdouglas

• 218 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:07 AM

Well, it makes two of us then, cause I have had the exact same diagnosis you did made by Eric Braverman nearly two years ago.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:24 AM

Wow, dexedrine as a first resort? That is rather odd isn't it? Don't they usually start on the weaker stuff like ritalin, then adderall, and then dexedrine?

Anyways, I'm not too knowledgeable about the combination of anti-depressants and amphetamines. I would think that an ssri and dexedrine would be best.

All in all, I wouldn't rely on those. I think a good exercise program, diet, and supplement plan including lots of fish oil will conquer both of them.

Now, if you like being high and don't really care about your health, then by all means get the scripts. I don't doubt that they will most surely help you.

I'm all for natural though. I hope you are too. Good luck bro!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users