Photo
- - - - -

MY SUPPLEMENTS THAT I TAKE

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 tyrosine_tyrone

• 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

[:o] [huh] HI EVERYONE IM NEW MY NAME IS TYRONE. I FOUND THIS SITE WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON LIVING LONGER.
MY GRANDMA LIVED 2 BE 86 AND SAID IT WAS CUZ SHE ATE HEALTHY. I CANT EAT HEALTHY SO ITAKE VITAMIN AND HERB TO MAKE ME LIVE LONG LIEK GRANDMA. I WANT SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD TAKE AND NOT TAKE AND IF WHAT IM TAKING IS GOOD OR IS NOT. I ALSO TAKE VITAMINS TO GIVE ME ENERGY. SOMETIEMS I GET DEPRESSED. [ang] [ang]
THIS:
EVERY MORNING: [thumb]
GNC L-TYROSINE 3,000 MG BEFORE BREAKFAST, [thumb]
RITE AID TIME RELEASE VITAMIN B-100 MG,
NATROL 5-HTP 300 MG AFTER FOOD. [lol] [lol]
RITE AID HIGH POTENCY IRON 60 MG.
S.O.S HANGOVER FORMULA [wis]
SUNKIST OMEGA 3 SOFT CHEWS.
GNC MULTIPLE AMINO
SUNNY-D FOR VITAMIN C.
NO-DOZ CAFFIENE FOR ENERGY

LUNCH:
GNC DMAE 500 MG [tung]
RITE AID TIME RELEASE B-100
SELENIUM 400 "MCG"
5-HTP 100 MG [lol]
BENEDRYL FOR ALLERGYS
LTYROSINE-2,000 MG GNC BRAND

DINNER:
CENTRUM SILVER.
GNC MELATONIN 6 MG BEFORE BED.
TYLANOL PM, 2 PILLS.
VITA PLUS CINNAMON 500MG
YOHIMBIE BARK 1000 MG NATROL BRAND [wis]

LATELY MY MEMORY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE AND I CNA'T THINK STRAIGHT. THE OTHER DAY IT TOOK ME 5 SECONDS TO REMEMBER MY WIFES NAME. [ang] [ang] [ang] THE VITAMINS THEY MAKE ME FEEL GOOD AND GIVE ME ENERGY. WHAT I WANT IS BETTER ENERGY AND HEALTH WITHOUT MENTAL SIDE EFFECT BECAUSE I SEE THIS AS A BAD SIGN. I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS THE VITAMINS THAT ARE MAKING MY MIND BAD BECASUE I GOT A NEW JOB IN A FACTORY AND WE HAVE TO MIX CHEMICALS TO MAKE GLUE FOR SHOES. I GET A HAEADACHE AND GET DIZZY ALMOST EVERY DAY BUT I TAKE ASPRIN AND IT MAKES IT BETTER. I CAN'T QUIT BECASUE THEY PAY UNDER THE COUNTER AND ITS GOOD MONEY. I TAKE ALL OF THOSE FOR THE PAST 5 OR 6 MONTHS, BUT LATELY MY MIND HAS BEEN BAD SO I WANT TO TAKE MORE TO MAKE IT BETTER, IM INTERESTED IN VITAMINS THAT WILL MAKE MY MIND BETTER.
[help] [help] [help] ;) THANX EVERYONE!!! OH AN IM A MALE, 32 YEARS OLD.

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:29 AM

Okay, I'm going to offer a few tips to help you out:

1. Don't type in all capitals.
2. Use some semblance of proper language (because, not 'cuz'...two, not '2', etc.)
3. Relax on the emoticons.
4. You're going to get a lot of recommendations that you don't want if you're strictly looking for supplement advice.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

My ears hurt now.

#4 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:38 AM

Okay, so on to the real issues:

"I can't eat healthy" is not an excuse. All parts of life can affect our lifespan to some extent. Nutrition is an important part and regardless of its effects on your lifespan, it will affect your quality of life to a large degree.

And the obvious questions (there are quite a few more):

Why are you taking iron?
Why are you drinking Sunny Delight for Vitamin C?
What is in the Hangover Formula?
Why are you worrying with amino acids in tablet form?
You're taking Benadryl and Tylenol daily. Seem odd?
Why are you taking yohimbe daily? Why yohimbe instead of yohimbine HCL?

#5 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

Little late in the year to be fishing, no?

I don't mean to offend, but how does someone marry another human being, and forget that person's name, at the age of 32 at that?

Another piece of advice, I wouldn't go flaunting about having an illegal job, making money under the table (sans tax) is not something I'd personally like to gloat about.

Glad I'm not getting married ;).

#6 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

LMAO! [lol]

#7 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:09 AM

oh lord [huh]

they are probably paying you under the table so you cant sue them when you get a disease from inhaling those chemicals. if you are inhaling enough to get a headache on a daily basis, i would HIGHLY suggest you demand a sufficient filtration mask and call OSHA (which is anonymous)...

pills are never a replacement for a healthy diet. saying 'i cant eat healthy' is a bs copout... a good majority of us here are poor college students, and we eat healthy on severely restricted budgets and schedules. it just takes some dedication, some effort and a little research.

you are taking way too much tyrosine
you are probably taking too much 5htp

unless you are treating a disease, you are taking WAY WAY too much iron. in fact, health men should never supplement with iron.

if you are getting so drunk every night that you need a hangover forumla, you need to see a psychologist.

use vitamin C pills for vitamin C... not sunny D, too much sugar.

if your selenium is 'sodium selenite'... i would lay off it.

take your cinnamon in the morning

stop taking yohimbe at night

#8 tyrosine_tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:23 AM

Okay, so on to the real issues:

"I can't eat healthy" is not an excuse. All parts of life can affect our lifespan to some extent. Nutrition is an important part and regardless of its effects on your lifespan, it will affect your quality of life to a large degree.

And the obvious questions (there are quite a few more):

Why are you taking iron?
What is in the Hangover Formula?
Why are you worrying with amino acids in tablet form?
You're taking Benadryl and Tylenol daily. Seem odd?
Why are you taking yohimbe daily? Why yohimbe instead of yohimbine HCL?

Okay, I'm going to offer a few tips to help you out:

1. Don't type in all capitals.
2. Use some semblance of proper language (because, not 'cuz'...two, not '2', etc.)
3. Relax on the emoticons.
4. You're going to get a lot of recommendations that you don't want if you're strictly looking for supplement advice.

took iron because i thought i wasn't getting enough from vegatable? and it gives me energy. drink sunny D because i like the taste and they add nutrients like calcium and vitamin C.... it also not as acidic as regular orange juice, don't make my stomach upset. i have to take maalox a few times a day becasue of heartburn. i also take it with vitamins so it isn't so acidic in my stomach, but orange juice is too acidic and makes heartburn in me.

my hangover formula = http://www.drinksos....ut_DrinkSOS.htm

they benedryl helps keep alergies down... and take it before i go to the wherehouse because it helps prevent reaction from chemicals that i have to mix and stir.... i bring my own air-mask but some of the other guys dont wear them. its a basic one the kind gardeners wear, i dont know what its called...like this one: http://www.icanbreathe.com/silk.nb.jpg
i also avoid breath when the fumes and chemical steam blow in my face. i felt better since ive been doing this. we sometimes use "formaldahide" and the boss warns us not to breath it or get it on our skin that much beacuse workers have been sick.

about eating healthy...i try my best but really it expensive and i have and have wife and 3 kids to pay for. hopefully not for much longer LOL....but i try my best...i mostly eat fast food or taco shops but ill get natural things on the menue sometimes like salad and juice. its not really that unhealthy if you order the right things, you can even have them put lettuce instead of bun for the hamburgers. i seriouslyt CANOT afford anything else..rlealy it isn't possible..please dont try to convince me..

i take yohimbie becasue my wife likes me too, it makes me feel like an animal. why not take it before sleep? i always so tired after i fall right alsoeep.

the guy at rite-aid told me to buy amino acid... said its what my body needs to make muscle and to work rite and todays diets dont get all the amino acid. he told me the gnc brand was good.

1. ok...but why?...you trying to change me, make me normal? what if everyone did that, and everyone listened, then everyone would be the same. that is a problem i see in our society..people judge..especailyl in school...and it normalises people so they fit in system.i understand if its "hard to read" and so ill change it for you becasue i see how it can be annoying, it makes me look mad.

4. i am open to advice beacsue i am trying to be ealthy and many fo you seem very knowllegeable.

#9 tyrosine_tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

Little late in the year to be fishing, no?

I don't mean to offend, but how does someone marry another human being, and forget that person's name, at the age of 32 at that?

Another piece of advice, I wouldn't go flaunting about having an illegal job, making money under the table (sans tax) is not something I'd personally like to gloat about.

Glad I'm not getting married ;).

i told you its because my mind isn't working altely... normally it wouldn't happen obviously. why, you like your taxes spent on military weapons?

oh lord [huh]

they are probably paying you under the table so you cant sue them when you get a disease from inhaling those chemicals. if you are inhaling enough to get a headache on a daily basis, i would HIGHLY suggest you demand a sufficient filtration mask and call OSHA (which is anonymous)...

pills are never a replacement for a healthy diet. saying 'i cant eat healthy' is a bs copout... a good majority of us here are poor college students, and we eat healthy on severely restricted budgets and schedules. it just takes some dedication, some effort and a little research.

you are taking way too much tyrosine
you are probably taking too much 5htp

unless you are treating a disease, you are taking WAY WAY too much iron. in fact, health men should never supplement with iron.

if you are getting so drunk every night that you need a hangover forumla, you need to see a psychologist.

use vitamin C pills for vitamin C... not sunny D, too much sugar.

if your selenium is 'sodium selenite'... i would lay off it.

take your cinnamon in the morning

stop taking yohimbe at night

alright advice taken ,thanks. i dont have money for a psychologist. only rich people can get help like that, us who cant afford it have to stay without help. its a treatment that has an effect of keeping poor people poor and seperating masses. it is sodium selenite. why cinnamin in the morning? why stop taking yohimbie at night?

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:42 AM

I agree with everything ajnast said. Stop the iron entirely. The memory problem might be from the chemicals at work; I'd really try to get a respirator designed for organic vapors. A simple dust mask will not help at all. Even if you have to buy it yourself, it would be worth it. Home Depot has something that would work, although I found it kind of hard to breathe through. It's cheap though.

You probably have allergies. If you went to an allergist you could get skin-tested to find out exactly what the problem is. If you got that sorted out, (and I'm not saying that's easy or cheap) you could probably drop the benadryl. If you did that, maybe you could drop the No-Doz (or whatever caffeine pills) and maybe you wouldn't need the tylenol PM at night. Another option instead of the benadryl is some generic Claritin. Costco sells it dirt cheap, like 300 pills for under 20 bucks. Walmart probably has something like it. It would take the edge off the allergy symptoms without making you drowsy like the benadryl probably does.

No one has said anything about exercise. (Too busy giving you sh*t about typing in caps and grammar lessons... sheesh) Anyway, exercise is the other side of the coin. It is totally essential to health, and you will feel so much better if you get that together, assuming you aren't doing something already. I like resistance exercise with some stretching and cardio. Bike riding is fun, a lot of people like to run. Whatever, anything is better than nothing.

Eating right is great, but I find it hard to do all the time myself. At least do this: drop the high fructose corn syrup. If that's high on the list of ingredients, try to find something else. If you like to drink soft drinks, try diet. In restaurants with self-serve fountain drinks, sometimes you can dilute your drink with soda water. It's still refreshing, and it's way better for you.

Generally speaking, you can get way better deals on supplements if you buy them online. Take a look at iherb.com. Good luck with everything.

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:55 AM

Hey Tyrone, looks like we're here at the same time- after I posted my last message, I saw the new stuff you wrote. I looked at the mask you're using. That will stop large dust particles, but it won't do anything about the chemicals. Your boss could probably get busted for running a shop like that without decent protection for you guys. Formaldehyde! Holy crap.

#12 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:23 AM

RITE AID HIGH POTENCY IRON 60 MG.

I'd definitely drop the iron supplements immediately, Tyrone. Men generally do not need iron supplements like women do, and the evidence indicates that this is one of the few substances you want to reduce your intake as much as possible without getting anemia.

A company called Longevinex published a study a while back on their theory of aging (link). Nobody knows yet whether this theory is correct, but they listed iron overload as one of the major factors (if not the major factor) in aging degeneration.

#13 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:26 AM

I've suffered from allergies forever, and if you take Benadryl daily it will pretty much turn you into a zombie. It works great for allergies, but there is no way I'd expect a person to function normally on the stuff. Whenever I take it, I feel like taking a nap.

Try claritin (which admittedly never did much for me), or get a prescription for allegra or zyrtec. The latter two shouldn't make you drowsy, at least in comparison to benadryl. I've also found Nasalcrom spray to work great. The only downside is you have to use it every 4-6hrs or so, and it takes about 2 weeks to kick in.

As for the rest of the supplements, I agree with what has been said so far. I'd also drop the omega chews, and just get capsules (or if you can't take capsules), liquid. The chews are rather low in omega 3 and aren't exactly cheap. Try iherb and order some Carlson's fish oil, Jarrow, Natrol... or any similar brands.

#14 tyrosine_tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:44 AM

i should get him busted huh, file me a juicy lawsuit. the buisness that runs the factories is tied to nike, word is. problem is im not that sick, i can't prove nothing, so i dont have much to sue them for. most of hte workers aren't legal so they can't do nothing. one guy poured the chemicals in the soda fountain so people get sick. then he was gonna file a lawsuit. he got fired when someone cought him...but only a few people got sick cause he put it in sprite soda tank. only the asians drink sprite and two of them got real sick. no one knows what happened to them either. the guy who poisoned the tank he was friends some guys i knew and htey haven't heard from him. word is he was thrown in one of the tanks. everyone knows its not safe cuz everyones been getting sick. this immigrant guy has been getting red shit all over his face and arms, like red and brown scabs and fuc*ing blisters and hes always shaking and sh*t. he didn't used to be like that. hes the one of the guys who has to clean the tanks. another man can't keep his balance no more and his eyes are all fuc*ed up and his skin is pale, now his voice is all hoarse. we call some guys "116 zombies" cuz these brothers in room 116 barely look alive. they live in the factory full time and get fed as pay for their work. thye have to boil chlorine and a bunch of other sh*t and their skin is all red and flakey, their eyes look dead and their covered with soot from the machines. there was an accident last two weeks ago in the basement, some dude dropped a cigarette in a tank and the chemicals cought fire, they was locked in and couldn't get out until the guards came down and opened the door, it took like a minute from when they rang the buzzer and everyone was mostly fine but a few were throwing up blood from all the fumes they breathed in. only a matter of time before the place gets shut down.

#15 tyrosine_tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:47 AM

I've suffered from allergies forever, and if you take Benadryl daily it will pretty much turn you into a zombie. It works great for allergies, but there is no way I'd expect a person to function normally on the stuff. Whenever I take it, I feel like taking a nap.

Try claritin (which admittedly never did much for me), or get a prescription for allegra or zyrtec. The latter two shouldn't make you drowsy, at least in comparison to benadryl. I've also found Nasalcrom spray to work great. The only downside is you have to use it every 4-6hrs or so, and it takes about 2 weeks to kick in.

As for the rest of the supplements, I agree with what has been said so far. I'd also drop the omega chews, and just get capsules (or if you can't take capsules), liquid. The chews are rather low in omega 3 and aren't exactly cheap. Try iherb and order some Carlson's fish oil, Jarrow, Natrol... or any similar brands.

oh wow thanks. i didn't know benedryl would do that to me. i felt like a zombie, thats why i had to start taking caffiene pills in the morning.

#16 tyrosine_tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:53 AM

I agree with everything ajnast said.  Stop the iron entirely.  The memory problem might be from the chemicals at work; I'd really try to get a respirator designed for organic vapors.  A simple dust mask will not help at all.  Even if you have to buy it yourself, it would be worth it.  Home Depot has something that would work, although I found it kind of hard to breathe through.  It's cheap though.

You probably have allergies.  If you went to an allergist you could get skin-tested to find out exactly what the problem is.  If you got that sorted out, (and I'm not saying that's easy or cheap) you could probably drop the benadryl.  If you did that, maybe you could drop the No-Doz (or whatever caffeine pills) and maybe you wouldn't need the tylenol PM at night.  Another option instead of the benadryl is some generic Claritin.  Costco sells it dirt cheap, like 300 pills for under 20 bucks.  Walmart probably has something like it.  It would take the edge off the allergy symptoms without making you drowsy like the benadryl probably does.

No one has said anything about exercise.  (Too busy giving you sh*t about typing in caps and grammar lessons... sheesh)  Anyway, exercise is the other side of the coin.  It is totally essential to health, and you will feel so much better if you get that together, assuming you aren't doing something already.  I like resistance exercise with some stretching and cardio.  Bike riding is fun, a lot of people like to run.  Whatever, anything is better than nothing.

Eating right is great, but I find it hard to do all the time myself.  At least do this:  drop the high fructose corn syrup.  If that's high on the list of ingredients, try to find something else.  If you like to drink soft drinks, try diet.  In restaurants with self-serve fountain drinks, sometimes you can dilute your drink with soda water.  It's still refreshing, and it's way better for you.

Generally speaking, you can get way better deals on supplements if you buy them online.  Take a look at iherb.com.  Good luck with everything.

LOL i just found out tylanol PM and benedryl have the asme ingredient! i was taking sleeping pills at lunch! sometimes i take benedryl 5 times a day cause i think my allergies are getting worse but its really juist it making me sleepy...i get lots of exercise already...every night with my wife, works me up a good sweat. and at the factory, its so hot and steamy i sweat tons. ill try and drink less soda too.

#17 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:05 AM

First thing I'd recommend, if you really want to be healthy... get a new job.

I know that's easier said than done, but you'd be better off working longer hours at a fast food place (just don't eat their food) or retail... or anything, than in a job where you have to breathe in dangerous chemicals all day.

#18 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:05 AM

i told you its because my mind isn't working altely... normally it wouldn't happen obviously. why, you like your taxes spent on military weapons?

Without getting overly political...I'm not an American, so I pay no American taxes, and support no American Military. But yes, I do pay taxes in my country, and a high enough percentage of my income is taxed.

Welcome to the forums anyway, I seriously thought you were a bot at first glance, my mistake.

#19 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

drink sunny D because i like the taste and they add nutrients like calcium and vitamin C.... it also not as acidic as regular orange juice, don't make my stomach upset.

Sunny Delight is not a good source of micronutrients. If you're short on cash, you're doing yourself a disservice by drinking Sunny Delight and believing it to be good for you. I'd drop the Sunny Delight and get some Vitamin C tablets for more benefit and less money.

my hangover formula = http://www.drinksos....ut_DrinkSOS.htm

The doses in this are low, and I'd drop it to save money.

about eating healthy...i try my best but really it expensive and i have and have wife and 3 kids to pay for. hopefully not for much longer LOL....but i try my best...i mostly eat fast food or taco shops but ill get natural things on the menue sometimes like salad and juice. its not really that unhealthy if you order the right things, you can even have them put lettuce instead of bun for the hamburgers. i seriouslyt CANOT afford anything else..rlealy it isn't possible..please dont try to convince me..

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. But, realize that you'd be better off not buying any supplements and paying more attention to other areas of life right now.

i take yohimbie becasue my wife likes me too,  it makes me feel like an animal. why not take it before sleep? i always so tired after i fall right alsoeep.

Yohimbine (the active in yohimbe) increases epinephrine and norepinephrine. It also has some effects on dopamine and serotonin, and is altogether a poor substance to take before trying to sleep.

the guy at rite-aid told me to buy amino acid... said its what my body needs to make muscle and to work rite and todays diets dont get all the amino acid. he told me the gnc brand was good.

You would need very high doses of those pills to amount to anything. If you're eating meat, you're good to go. Or, buy some whey protein powder and replace the GNC Amino supplement with it.

1. ok...but why?...you trying to change me, make me normal? what if everyone did that, and everyone listened, then everyone would be the same.  that is a problem i see in our society..people judge..especailyl in school...and it normalises people so they fit in system.i understand if its "hard to read" and so ill change it for you becasue i see how it can be annoying, it makes me look mad.

The capitalization/grammar suggestions were to help maximize the amount of responses that you'll receive. Not everyone has time to go through each thread, and following the general format of the board shows respect and consideration for all involved.

If you really want to maximize your health, you might need to think about making some hard decisions and that's beyond the scope of this forum. Stress reduction is important and it sounds like you've got plenty of reasons to be stressed.

#20 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hey man, sorry to hear about your troubles...that's brutal. I just wanted to say that eating out at fast-food places is actually a lot more expensive than if you decided to bring in your own food. If you can, go to the public market or the local supermarket, and buy a large amount of chicken breasts, some bulk frozen veggies, etc. If you make these meals at home then package them and bring them into work, you'll save yourself a bundle of money.

Also, the caps lock suggestion isn't about making you conform, it's just easier for everyone to read. Language is not a part of making a person unique, that's what personality is for. ;)

#21 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:35 PM

OMG, 60mg of iron daily! How long have you been taking this? I bet your system is overloaded with iron. Men shouldn't take iron! It is very hard to get it out of your body once it is in.

Benedryl will mess up your memory. It is an anticholinergic. Don't take tylenol everyday. Don't take yohimbe before bed!!!

#22 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

This poster has to be a troll/fake poster !

Doesnt anyone else realize this ?

The guy is totally illiterate and his picture is a graduate photo ? You cant smell the bs here ?

Thank you for the good laugh, the sunny-d was a nice touch -

#23 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

1. Quit your job

2. Stop with the iron. Stop the the daily multi (has iron as well) and find a daily mutli without metallics.

3. Supplement IP6 to get rid of the iron you have been loading yourself with.

4. Stay away from large magnets until you get the iron out ;)

#24 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

The guy is totally illiterate and his picture is a graduate photo ?  You cant smell the bs here ?

This was my initial impression, but I wasn't so fast to jump to that conclusion since it could be a legitimate claim.

Forgetting wife's name, working under the table, working in a factory that basically mutilates every and all workers that are employed there (the descriptions provided speak for themselves), having the most absurd supplement list, taking allergy medication like it's candy, getting hangovers on a daily basis (which implies that heavy drinking is happening every night, wouldn't that offset the benefits of many of the supplements?), arguing with the provided advice heeded.

Either this is a troll/fake, or I feel very bad for you Tyrone, because between the working conditions you endure, and the supplement regime you take with your unusually high alcohol intake lead me to believe that you'll either have cancer in 3 years, or have no more liver left. A telling sign for anyone should be: if you work in a place where the people you work with are getting boils all over their body, and getting severely ill, you should probably, at least in the simplest sense of logic, discontinue working there.

Just to clear things up, I'm not trying to sound mean or aggressive at all, I'm just a bit thrown off by your story.

Edited by G Snake, 04 October 2007 - 06:08 PM.

#25 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

The active ingredient is many sleeping pills. It is also an anticholinergic that will make your memory go to crap.

#26 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:23 AM

Tyrone your best bet is to drop everything. Stop taking all your supplements and start again.

Choose a good basic multivitamin and mineral and take that for about 2 weeks. See how you go from there. Donate the money you save to the institute ;)

#27 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:36 AM

The guy is totally illiterate and his picture is a graduate photo ?  You cant smell the bs here ?

This was my initial impression, but I wasn't so fast to jump to that conclusion since it could be a legitimate claim.

Forgetting wife's name, working under the table, working in a factory that basically mutilates every and all workers that are employed there (the descriptions provided speak for themselves), having the most absurd supplement list, taking allergy medication like it's candy, getting hangovers on a daily basis (which implies that heavy drinking is happening every night, wouldn't that offset the benefits of many of the supplements?), arguing with the provided advice heeded.

Either this is a troll/fake, or I feel very bad for you Tyrone, because between the working conditions you endure, and the supplement regime you take with your unusually high alcohol intake lead me to believe that you'll either have cancer in 3 years, or have no more liver left. A telling sign for anyone should be: if you work in a place where the people you work with are getting boils all over their body, and getting severely ill, you should probably, at least in the simplest sense of logic, discontinue working there.

G Snake, not everyone has options to just discontinue their job.

BTW, my initial impression is that this isn't a troll, just someone from a different socio-economic background than what we are use to here at ImmInst.

#28 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:20 AM

G Snake, not everyone has options to just discontinue their job.

BTW, my initial impression is that this isn't a troll, just someone from a different socio-economic background than what we are use to here at ImmInst.

Well, I think from the perspective of a health standpoint, what's more important, financial stability (albeit illegally) or your health? I know it's not fair that Tyrone should have to work under these conditions, I just think he should be aware of the implications of some of the effects that could impact his future if he continues to work in those harsh working environments.

#29 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

Tyrone your best bet is to drop everything. Stop taking all your supplements and start again.

Choose a good basic multivitamin and mineral and take that for about 2 weeks. See how you go from there.

And when you do get a new multivitamin, make sure you get one without iron.

You may also want to consider donating blood once or twice to counteract some of the damage you've likely done to yourself from taking those iron supplements. Iron is hard to get rid of, and giving blood is one of the easiest ways to do it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

The photo could be of him from his high school graduation.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users