Photo
- - - - -

A note for Admins and Moderators

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 zader

• 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

If you have not heard it's considered drug trafficking to link or recommend a source of any illegal drug. Many forums (BB, M&M, AM, etc) since they are liable have removed or prevented people from doing this but seemingly not here.

I've seen alot of people open posting modafinil and several other controlled drugs. You may want to be careful otherwise your an easy target for the DEA.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up Zader. We do try our best to keep commercial links out of the forums.

It certainly is a tricky subject and Imminst has to follow the laws of the U.S., but we do have an international member base, and laws vary from country to country (ie. even gingko is banned in some European countries).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

Previously, I've posted a link to an online pharmacy that dispenses modafinil, but which checks with your doctor to validate your prescription.

I sincerely hope that this is a legitimate response to someone's question and does not put imminst at risk.

#4 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

If I'm on the jury at imminst trial their walking free because frankly
if modafinil has the same abuse risk as adrafinil then its not worth
sending anyone to jail over. The bigger crime is the myth its anything
like amphetamines or superior to caffeine.

#5 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up Zader. We do try our best to keep commercial links out of the forums.

It certainly is a tricky subject and Imminst has to follow the laws of the U.S., but we do have an international member base, and laws vary from country to country (ie. even gingko is banned in some European countries).

good point

imo the government doesn't patrol life extension websites that extensively, although if people started talking more about Adderall I think that would be an exception that could lead to real trouble.

Thanks for the heads up though Zader, its always good to analyze what we are doing and how it might effect others, ext...

#6 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

Previously, I've posted a link to an online pharmacy that dispenses modafinil, but which checks with your doctor to validate your prescription.

I sincerely hope that this is a legitimate response to someone's question and does not put imminst at risk.

No worries. This is exactly why it was not moderated. We realize that many do have scripts. We have moderated posts asking ways to get controlled drugs without a script and will do so if a post is brought to our attention or a moderator sees it themselves.

#7 zader

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

good point

imo the government doesn't patrol life extension websites that extensively, although if people started talking more about Adderall I think that would be an exception that could lead to real trouble.

Thanks for the heads up though Zader, its always good to analyze what we are doing and how it might effect others, ext...

Alot of people report what they see on forums. It can't be worth a lawsuit for Imminst to allow people to post sources for addictive controlled drugs unless I'm confused about their focus.

#8 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

Alot of people report what they see on forums. It can't be worth a lawsuit for Imminst to allow people to post sources for addictive controlled drugs unless I'm confused about their focus.

I guess the server is in lawsuit crazy US. But in the US you have
strong protection for free speech so if the owners of Imminst have
no business relationship with questionable posters I see them
having zero civil or criminal liability related to the posts. And since
purchase requirements for modafinil vary globally its the buyers responsibility to follow applicable laws.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

See Mind's comment, my reply to Rabagley, the user agreement, and Imminsts posting guidelines if you have further questions. If these still do not answer your question, feel free to PM me or another navigator.

I am closing this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users