• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

give up on life?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:22 PM

There is an ethic out there where people who especially want to live fear that it won't happen in their lifetime. They therefor decide to not try as hard and even dumb down their experineces as to not get too attached to life. I've done this before and it is a usefull strategey as to not get one'self overly depressed at the thought that lengthing of life might not fly in this lifetime. I mean you can have all the passion for life and be an immortalist but choose not to get too caught up in the details, the passions, feelings and emotions etc. I could say "I love life so much that I can't describe" but it doesn't mean I would viserally show that love for the simple fact that I wouldn't want to be put in a vulnerable situation. So what do you guys think...should we wear our hearts on our sleeves and try our best? Or is it better to just "chill out" and not get too overly passionate. But of course there's people who use logic all the time and that has nothing to do with what I just said! I can be logical and unemotional or very emotional...I think there is a time for all modes of being...the question is how pro-active should each of us be? I'm just so confused.

#2 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:30 PM

Or a better way of saying it is, should we be more cognitive or emotional? and if so to what degrees should we aspire to. That's still an akward sentence...mmm let me think ok...I love life, and the sunsets and the "wonder of it all" but that doesn't mean it is mentally healthy to wake up each morning as if it were your last day on the planet! inotherwords it might be stupid to go all the way with on'es full humanity in this lifetime if life extension doesn't go through. Maybe the best way is to live more symbolicaly rather than activley. instead of feeling the full fury of something terrible many people just say. "oh this is terrible," but don't feel the exent of the terror. you see what I'm getting at? That doesn't mean we should waste time, o contrare. we should however find a balance I thnk that works for us. I can't tell you how easy it is for me to get so passionate I practically rage in fury! But I choose to be less emotional for my well being. i want to attack life like there's no tomorrow...but I fear if I do that than I might hurt myself mentally. I love the idea of true passion and ambition, but I hide from it out of fear. I also have OCD so it is too easy for me to get worked up it's almost better to take it at a slower pace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users