- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 malita

• 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:35 PM

Sorry, i wrote this in the wrong forum... here goes:
Hello!
Im a girl, 23 years old, wanting to try nootropics... but, im a newbie so I need some advice...

i have a box of 60 cap 800 mg piracetam - how should i take them?
Im planning to stack them with choline - but how much?

Should i rather by aniraceptam (???) next time?
how long can I use this?
all the time or only for periods?

Thanx whoever answers ;)

#2 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

Piracetam is a good choice for a beginner =).

Use it with a choline-source, try Alpha-GPC or (the cheaper alternative) CDP-Choline.

If you would like to add something new to your stack next time, then I recommend if you feel dissatisfied with Piracetam, that you try Oxiracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

thanx! but how much of each? I weigh less than 55 kg...

#4 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

About three per day (total 2400mg) should have a noticeable effect.

Like with most things, you're the best judge of what's going on in your body, so you should titrate your dosage to your own needs. First week, take one capsule with lunch. Second week, take one with breakfast, and one with lunch. Third week, take one with breakfast and two with lunch. Fourth week, take two with breakfast, two with lunch.

Once you know what amount of plain piracetam works for you, back off on the dosage and add some of your cholinergic. Keep on adjusting the doses of each until you get a result you like (which may not happen for you, but probably will). Everyone's different.

In general, most nootropics are mild stimulants, so try to keep your doses earlier in the day. After lunch is just about as late as you want to take anything if you want a good night's sleep.

Good luck!

#5 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:54 AM

Oh, i took 3 before I went to bed last night , couldt feel anything.... haha..
but thanx ;)

is this something i can take all the time or only for periods?

#6 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:37 AM

I don't think that you build up a tolerance to piracetam. But you should always be careful with anything that you take chronically. Paranoid is not too strong of a word. Taking a break every once in a while to let your body periodically behave normally is good practice with just about everything you might want to put in your body. Eight weeks on and two weeks off is what I do with most things that are widely believed to be "non-toxic".

Re: dosing, it seems that my recommendations were conservative. They work for me, but I tend to be sensitive to just about everything (a glass of wine and I'm buzzing).

http://en.wikipedia....iracetam#Dosage

Wikipedia is pretty darned good for drug information. Several people from this board and from LEF (and many others besides) are active maintaining drug information on Wikipedia, so it tends to be fairly up to date.

Oh, and as mentioned in the Wikipedia article, a moderate dose of a cholinergic may be useful to control any headache you get from the piracetam. I've never gotten a headache from piracetam or aniracetam (what I take now), so I didn't know about that until I looked at the article just now...

Google and Wikipedia are gold-mines of information.

#7 rebuild101

• 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hi malita,

Welcome to the forum! As others have mentioned, dosing and effects from nootropics is a very individual thing. Here's my $0.02:

Dosing
Don't worry about your weight. It isn't like alcohol, etc... The link that rabagley posted is a good guideline to get started. Always make dose changes slowly, up and down, but don't worry about taking too much. Piracetam is as safe as you're gonna get.

Frequency
You'll want to take it every day and probably spaced out. You may even need to take it for two to four weeks before noticing anything.

Choline
If you get headaches, you're probably not taking enough. If you get stiff neck muscles, you're probably taking too much

I'm assuming you're not in the US, so I don't know what access you have to bulk supplements. However, I would recommend you buy some piracetam in bulk to fully experiment. That way, if you want to try mega doses you have the flexibility to do it. If you can afford it, then yes, aniracetam and oxiracetam may be some other good nootropics to try.

Let us know how it goes!

#8 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thanx for the reply! haha ure right im not in the US .. ;) I would like to by bulk package but i dont know from where or how to to it when I get the powder - maybe someonne here can help me?

I've taken 3 tablets today ( 2 at 8 and 1 at 12) and I am soooo tired and my head really hurts.. I started right away with 3 capsules a day - maybe thats the reason?

I can mention that ive taken a capsule of something called "superMemo"
it contains:
150 mg magnesium
125 mg lecitin
100 mg zenzen extrakt( i dont know what that is..)
75 mg kofein
20 mg gingko biloba extrakt

I've not bought choline yet, but im planning to order it. can it help against the tiredness?

do i stack choline woth aniracetam as well? maybe ill try that after the piracetam if the tiredness wont stop..

im doing this to cope with hard studies , and it really doesnt help to be even more tired :(

#9 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Hi Malita,

I know that there are people out there who do an attack (high) doses.
Doing this brings for me the strong feeling of being spaced out!

You took 1600mg at 8 and another 800mg of Piracetam 4 hours later - which leaves you with a high level of Piracetam in your blood (as the half life of Piracetam is something around 5.5 hours).
This might be one reason for your tiredness.
Additionally to that I've read that a lot of people feel tired the first few days or weeks after starting with Piracetam.
But usually this feeling will disappear.

So I would start with 800mg of Piracetam every 8 hours.
I stack mine with Alpha-GPC (instead of Lecitin).
It is said that if you do not stack the Piracetam with an adequate choline source than the probability of headaches is much higher.

Additionally to that I stack ALCAR - which helps in blasting the tiredness away.

My personal experiences with Aniracetam are not that good! It made me unbelievable tired - and very brain foggy.
But maybe I give it another try - someday.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Alex

Thanx for the reply! haha ure right im not in the US .. ;) I would like to by bulk package but i dont know from where or how to to it when I get the powder - maybe someonne here can help me?

I've taken 3 tablets today ( 2 at 8 and 1 at 12) and I am soooo tired and my head really hurts.. I started right away with 3 capsules a day - maybe thats the reason?

I can mention that ive taken a capsule of something called "superMemo"
it contains:
150 mg magnesium
125 mg lecitin
100 mg zenzen extrakt( i dont know what that is..)
75 mg kofein
20 mg gingko biloba extrakt

I've not bought choline yet, but im planning to order it. can it help against the tiredness?

do i stack choline woth aniracetam as well? maybe ill try that after the piracetam if the tiredness wont stop..

im doing this to cope with hard studies , and it really doesnt help to be even more tired :(

Edited by brotherx, 27 October 2007 - 06:10 PM.

#10 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hello!

This makes me feel like shit !!!
I've taken 1200 mg lecitin with it . my headache was gone, but i feel like im going to faint and my head is really weird - like im totally lost :(:(

Ive used yohimbine in the mornings pre to exercice
+ i use t4 against hyopthoreosis

Any suggestions to what I can do?
I havent taken piracetam today and i feel better, but my head still feels weird... I feel really stupid actually, I've not been able to study anything today. hmmm...

#11 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Welcome malita!!

Hello!

I've taken 1200 mg lecitin with it . my headache was gone, but i feel like im going to faint and my  head is really weird - like im totally lost :(:(

I havent taken piracetam today and i feel better, but my head still feels weird... I feel really stupid actually, I've not been able to study anything today. hmmm...

Piracetam made me feel like shit sometimes also [ang] Which is why I stopped using it and what most people consider 'nootropics'. I have no idea what zenzen extract is, and I couldn't find a website for Supermemo...just a learning program or something. You should be taking a good multivitamin first if you wanna take piracetam, oxiracteam, etc. And yeah, you need choline for all the 'racetams. You should look at some threads on the board on multivitamins that people here take to get some ideas for yourself.

If it's making you feel bad and tiring you out, it's probably not worth it.

#12 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

i thought lecitin what a choline source ?? so i could only take that in addition?

it made me feel depressed.. i searched it up, and found that some people gets sick of it...
i dont know if im gonna just throw it away or try agian with another choline source and new multivitamins or whatever.. or just eat fish and fruit and drink coffe... ;)

but it would be extremely nice to find something that works... what are u using now ?

#13 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

You may need more than that of lecitin, or just a better choline source altogether, like brotherx said.

Piracetam is in no way going to work well for everyone. Some people get a great from it, some get nothing, or negative effects...many I imagine feel just a placebo effect.

I take AOR orthocore right now...it is somewhat expensive, but I take a lower dose. LEF also makes a good multi, here is a recent discussion about it : http://www.imminst.o...=ST&f=6&t=18258

Eating fish, fruit and veggies I am for [thumb] Coffee, not too much. There are some threads about the positives/negatives about that too.

#14 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

Malita,

you might want to try the Piracetam with Alpha GPC.
Maybe you want also lower your initial doses of Piracetam (f.e. down to 600mg 3 times daily). And then increase from there.

I read that you use yohimbine (I assume you use it as a fat burner) in combination with T4.
This combination alone could bring up strong side affects which could be potentiated by the Piracetam.

Is the T4 described by your doctor?

Yohimbine is a mild MAO inhibitor - which can cause all sorts of ill feeling if combined with the wrong things.

"Yohimbine: Side Effects

Since the effective level of yohimbine is close to its toxic level, it is not clear that its benefits outweigh its risks. Side effects of yohimbine include:

* Anxiety
* Nervousness
* Panic attacks
* Tremors
* Elevated blood pressure and heart rate
* Salivation
* Nausea
* Irritability
* Insomnia
* Urinary frequency
* Excessive sweating
* Fatigue"
(http://healthgate.pa...d Your Sex Life accessed: 31.10.2007)

Just some thoughts - can you put them into your perspective?

Cheers

Alex

Hello!

I've taken 1200 mg lecitin with it . my headache was gone, but i feel like im going to faint and my  head is really weird - like im totally lost :(:(

#15 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:47 AM

Hi Malita,

as mitkat said - lecithin is a choline source but not an efficient one.
A much better is alpha GPC.

Cheers

Alex

i thought lecitin what a choline source ?? so i could only take that in addition?

it made me feel depressed.. i searched it up, and found that some people gets sick of it...
i dont know if im gonna just throw it away or try agian with another choline source and new multivitamins or whatever.. or just eat fish and fruit and drink coffe... ;)

but it would be extremely nice to find something that works... what are u using now ?

#16 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

thank you so much for your help... ive thrown away the yohimbine now.. yeah, i used it as a fatburner but now ill just drink a cup of green tea pre to my workouts... or a cup of coffe...
I thought it was harmless!

yes, i get the t4 from my doctor ;)
now when i've quit using yohimbine, i can give piracetam another try?
together with GCP... and multivitamin =)

#17 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

A 23 year old girl thats about 55 kg would focus my attention
quickly. ;)

#18 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:02 AM

haha really

#19 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

hmm it increases human growth hormone..... does it mean I will gain muscle out of it ? i absolutely do not want that..

#20 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

btw.. what do u think about this : http://www.smartnutr...o/Get-Smart.htm

#21 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hey - ive tried modafinil now.. and it makes me even more tired - espesially the day after use..

Its like a go up - and suddenly down for a loong period..........

is that normal ? all reviews ive seen says its sooo good and no sideeffects and what so ever..
Ive only taken 100 mg but still i feel really bad , and have to go to bed afterwards. ??

#22 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

Hi Malita,

somehow I missed your posts - but now I am back on track ;-)
Yes, you could give it another try!
Make sure you can adequate choline with it.

And no, it is definitely not harmless!

Cheers Alex

thank you so much for your help... ive thrown away the yohimbine now.. yeah, i used it as a fatburner but now ill just drink a cup of green tea pre to my workouts... or a cup of coffe...

#23 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:58 AM

Hi Malita,

what does increase HGH?

hmm it increases human growth hormone..... does it mean I will gain muscle out of it ? i absolutely do not w
ant that..

#24 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

For me - that's way too much different things mixed into one coctail!
If you want to try these things - first try any substance on its own first!

Best wishes from good old Europe ;-)

Alex

btw.. what do u think about this : http://www.smartnutr...o/Get-Smart.htm

#25 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

And you are really sure that you need to take the T4?
Sometimes it is worth to double check with another doctor!

Alex ;-)

thank you so much for your help... ive thrown away t

he yohimbine now.. yeah, i used it as a fatburner but now ill just drink a cup of green tea pre to my workouts... or a cup of coffe...

#26 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

And now I know why I haven't seen your posts - because it was silently moved to another section!
...or maybe I just haven't seen the new link to it!

Cheers

Alex

P.S.: This is my last post today - regarding this topic! ;-)

#27 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

Hey yaa and thanx for answering.. I meant the choline source, Alfa - GPC...
It increases HGH???
hmmm.... I bought it but I dont want more muscle :p

#28 sorellasotero

• 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:01 AM

I've just started Piracetam, having already adopted daily Huperzine. I find that 800 mg is about right - two pills at once made me nervous and shaky, but I'm going to try it with magnesium and without the caffein tomorrow.

#29 malita

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Huperzine??

what about the GPC.-.. will it make me gain muscle or not?
I work out a lot, both cardio and strength training.. but I do not want more muscle :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 sorellasotero

• 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

Huperzine is an extract of some moss, and it works as an acetylecholinesterase inhibiter. There is a synthetic drug that does this for Alzheimer patients, but I'm told that studies show the natural version is about as good. I buy it at Vitacost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users