Photo
- - - - -

Retin-A:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

I understand that you apply it in the evening but I have heard a few people say that you need to wait 30 minutes after washing face before applying Retin-A to face.

Apart from the instructions on the package saying that it needs to be applied to dry skin I am at a lose as to why you would need to wait 30 minutes. I've read a few explanations at a few other forums but the explanations are very unscientific and sound a lot like goobledegook to this young scientist

Reason:

Freshly washed skin = open pores and therefore sensitive?

Reaction between water and Retin-A?

Tooth Fairey?

#2 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

It's to avoid irritation, since the tretinoin penetrates better on freshly washed skin. Good advise if you are starting to use it, but not necessary if you don't have irritation. Retin-A Micro doesn't have this problem, since the tretinoin is given off gradually.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Ok. A quicker absorption immediately after you have washed makes sense. I've been applying it straight after I get out of the shower. I pat dry the face and then apply. I haven't had too many problem yet. I most definitely would NOT apply it immediately after shaving my face

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users