- - - - -

Copper Peptides are severely underated

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dehbleh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

I see a lot of people here talking about Tretinoin (Retin-A) and Vitamin C for stimulating collagen growth and improving overall skin elasticity... but have all you people been ignoring the recent scientific evidence regarding Copper Peptides?

I'll give you the run down of my own personal experience:

I damaged my face quite significantly about 2 years ago. It was a combination of over-exfoliation (to remove acne) and sun damage. At the time I thought this combination was good for my skin, as for once in my life I had a nice glowing tan all year round without any Acne. This didn't last for long... eventually my face couldn't play catch up anymore and started to look worse. Still, being the obsessive compulsive person I am, I persisted and my face eventually lost a good percentage of its volume. I had sunken ridges underneath both cheek bones and people constantly commented on how tired I looked. It was really bad, in fact I had trouble trying to spot people whose skin looked as bad as mine (and I'm only young!).

Eventually I went to the dermatologist and told him what had happened and he told me that the damage I had done was permanent and that I had damaged fibrolasts with scarring underneath the top layer of skin. As a result, this made me fall into depression.

I then began to try everything out there on the market and came up with two compounds that made a substantial difference:

* Retin-A
* Copper Peptides (high strength ones that have a dark bluey-green colour)

I started with Copper Peptides and within 2 weeks my skin was doing all sorts of crazy stuff. It constantly felt as though it was moving, stretching, swelling etc.. After a couple of days my skin would start to look really bad, worse than before. Then the next day all this skin would slough off and underneath it was a new, healthier layer. Eventually Retin-A was added to the routine and this only sped up the process. However, sun-sensitivity is always an issue with Retin-A and IMHO, Copper Peptides are far more potent at stimulating skin growth.

1 year later and my skin is looking the best it has ever looked. I am simply gob smacked as to why Copper Peptides aren’t widely used in the mainstream. To me, they really are the holy grail of skin care.

Anyone else care to share their experiences with potent Copper Peptides (such as SuperCop from skinbio)?

#2 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

Glad to hear you bounced back. Did you work your way up to something like SuperCop 2X? Any B&A pics?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

There is a lot of great research about copper peptides. You have to be careful with copper peptides though. I have read that using too much may have the opposite effect to healing on the skin as too much could possibly increase free copper which in turn increases free radical levels which damage the collegen and accelerate aging. Additionally, try not to apply copper peptides at the same time as acidic compounds that may dissociate the copper from the peptides and hence again increase free copper levels. Products you shouldn't use copper peptides at the same with (use 12 hours apart) are Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHAs), retinoids, vitamin C and other acidic products.

Try and have a read of the Skin Rejuvenation Info pack from smartskincare.com. I posted this pack yesterday. It's all in the pack boys and girls. Trust me it's a great read

#4 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

I used Skinbio's SuperCOP cream on a hairtransplant scar in the back of my head.

It definitely works.

There's way more healthy tissue back there now. It doesn't itch or hurt anymore.

My head was feeling really uncomfortable before the SuperCOP.

#5 dehbleh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

Glad to hear you bounced back. Did you work your way up to something like SuperCop 2X? Any B&A pics?

I was such a mental wreck at that point in my life that I'd practically do anything for some actual results. So I started on SuperCop 2X (against everybody's advice) and I had significant results.

I only wish I took before and after pictures. It's quite literally amazing how much this product helped me.

I still use it along side Retin-A, but due to living in Australia it's quite difficult to maintain its usage on a regular basis. I have found Copper Peptides tend to reduce inflammation which comes as part of the territory when using Retin-A.

These days my skin care regime consists of the following:

Morning:
-------------
* Shave with electric razor
* Wash face with plain water whilst having my shower.
* Apply Emu Oil (the only moisturizer I'll ever use) after getting out of the shower. I do this whilst my skin is still wet so it spreads evenly and absorbs quicker.
* Have breakfast, supplements, read the paper, get dressed etc... For the next 30minutes.
* Pat face lightly with a tissue to soak up any excess emu oil (a little bit goes a long way)

Night
---------
* Wash face with plain water and pat dry with towel
* Wait 30minutes
* Apply a pea-sized glob of Retino-A (Generic Retin-A)
* Two hours later, apply SkinBio SuperCop mixed in with a little emu oil. I do this so it spreads evenly and absorbs quicker.

Once a fortnight
-----------------------
* Substitute Retino-A for Microfibre Cloth (Be very careful with these!)

You will notice I don't use any detergents or cleansers, just plain water. I try to maintain my bodies own natural lipid barrier wherever possible.
Exfoliation comes with regular Retin-A use and even shaving will help dead skin slough off.

I also tend to avoid using sunscreen unless I have to be out in the sun for more than 15minutes a day. Also, sunscreens with zinc oxide should be avoided whilst using Copper Peptides (for obvious reasons).

#6 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:42 AM

In wound healing, as Jay the Avenger used it, is where I believe there is a lot less dispute and more research to back it.

Zoolander's post reminded me about a thread on the smartskincare.com forum related to CP damage that some people have reported. I went back and found it (they have a Copper Peptides section in the forum). I'm already so damn ugly I'm not sure I could stand getting even the slightest case of the CP "uglies" as they called them. Hehe.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:45 AM

I also tend to avoid using sunscreen unless I have to be out in the sun for more than 15minutes a day. Also, sunscreens with zinc oxide should be avoided whilst using Copper Peptides (for obvious reasons).

I have two questions: Why do you avoid sunscreen? Why avoid mixing zinc oxide sunscreens with copper peptides? (Not obvious to me...)

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:51 AM

* Apply a pea-sized glob of Retino-A (Generic Retin-A)
* Two hours later, apply SkinBio SuperCop mixed in with a little emu oil. I do this so it spreads evenly and absorbs quicker.

DehBleh I have heard that you should not use copper peptides at the same time as acids such as Retin-A and Vitamin C but it ok to use them at different times in the day i.e one in morning and other in evening.

Perhaps you might want to look into this

#9 woly

• Guest, F@H
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

what if you applied some AHA, showered then applied copper peptides?

#10 dehbleh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

I have two questions: Why do you avoid sunscreen? Why avoid mixing zinc oxide sunscreens with copper peptides? (Not obvious to me...)

Sunscreen degrades my skin like nothing else whilst using Copper Peptides. Perhaps zinc oxide reacts with Copper Peptides?

Zoolander, I've had no problems so with applying Copper Peptides 2 hours after Retin-A. Infact, it increases absorbtion which is great.
However, Vitamin-C I'm quite aware of and currently don't use it.

Woly, AHA are fine to use before copper peptides. Just be prepared for some temporary stinging when you apply the Copper Peptides (caused by increased absorbtion due to AHA's)

#11 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

Anyone had any luck using copper peptides to get rid of acne scarring?

Which would likely be better for this purpose the Juvess cream or a dedicated copper peptide cream?

Check out this article especially the bit about snails!

http://ezinearticles...Marks&id=810238

Edited by caston, 12 November 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#12 dehbleh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

Which would likely be better for this purpose the Juvess cream or a dedicated copper peptide cream?

Check out this article especially the bit about snails!

http://ezinearticles...Marks&id=810238

The Juvess cream looks promising but without knowing specific qauntities of active ingredients, it would be hard to make judgement.

Personally, I think that a dedicated Copper Peptide cream is where it's at. I have tried do-it-yourself formulations (skinactives.com), commercial creams such as Neova and only noticed big differences from SuperCop. I feel that the alternatives are using too little active ingredient to really make a difference.

Don't mean to be a product pusher, but this stuff really made a dramatic difference in turning around my self-esteem.

#13 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

From just guessing off of the ingredient list, it looks like SuperCop has more copper peptides than Juvess. If you do get SuperCop, just make sure not to wear it in sunlight due to the high aloe vera content.

#14 orbital

• 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:37 AM

Would it be OK to use Supercop and Retin A simultaneously on different areas... For example Supercop on a neck scar and Retin A on the face, or would it be unwise even if the areas don't overlap? Any opinions?

#15 dehbleh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

Would it be OK to use Supercop and Retin A simultaneously on different areas... For example Supercop on a neck scar and Retin A on the face, or would it be unwise even if the areas don't overlap? Any opinions?

I have not noticed any adverse reactions when combing Retin-A with Supercop at the same time, nor did I notice anything wrong when I split them 2, 4 or even 6 hours apart.

However I must stress both of these products are best suited for night time application unless you want to look like some kind of green monster.

#16 sunshinekid

• 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

I see a lot of people here talking about Tretinoin (Retin-A) and Vitamin C for stimulating collagen growth and improving overall skin elasticity... but have all you people been ignoring the recent scientific evidence regarding Copper Peptides?

I'll give you the run down of my own personal experience:

I damaged my face quite significantly about 2 years ago. It was a combination of over-exfoliation (to remove acne) and sun damage. At the time I thought this combination was good for my skin, as for once in my life I had a nice glowing tan all year round without any Acne. This didn't last for long... eventually my face couldn't play catch up anymore and started to look worse. Still, being the obsessive compulsive person I am, I persisted and my face eventually lost a good percentage of its volume. I had sunken ridges underneath both cheek bones and people constantly commented on how tired I looked. It was really bad, in fact I had trouble trying to spot people whose skin looked as bad as mine (and I'm only young!).

Eventually I went to the dermatologist and told him what had happened and he told me that the damage I had done was permanent and that I had damaged fibrolasts with scarring underneath the top layer of skin. As a result, this made me fall into depression.

I then began to try everything out there on the market and came up with two compounds that made a substantial difference:

* Retin-A
* Copper Peptides (high strength ones that have a dark bluey-green colour)

I started with Copper Peptides and within 2 weeks my skin was doing all sorts of crazy stuff. It constantly felt as though it was moving, stretching, swelling etc.. After a couple of days my skin would start to look really bad, worse than before. Then the next day all this skin would slough off and underneath it was a new, healthier layer. Eventually Retin-A was added to the routine and this only sped up the process. However, sun-sensitivity is always an issue with Retin-A and IMHO, Copper Peptides are far more potent at stimulating skin growth.

1 year later and my skin is looking the best it has ever looked. I am simply gob smacked as to why Copper Peptides aren't widely used in the mainstream. To me, they really are the holy grail of skin care.

Anyone else care to share their experiences with potent Copper Peptides (such as SuperCop from skinbio)?

That's great news! glad to hear that. that also gives me hope as a cp user myself thanks!
How long did it take you to see results though?

#17 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

An Imminst/Longecity member created a skin cream with copper peptides - Juvess. We are always on the cutting edge here.

#18 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

I started using an old bottle of copper peptides I had on a nasty scar in my middle finger. I applied it once, then waited a week and applied it again a second time. I already notice the color of the scar fading and blending in with the surrounding skin. I don't think one has to apply this product everyday. Even after a single dose, it just keeps working.

#19 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

When I tried using Juvess a few years ago I just kept breaking out in spots. Shame! Looks like a great product to use...

#20 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

From just guessing off of the ingredient list, it looks like SuperCop has more copper peptides than Juvess. If you do get SuperCop, just make sure not to wear it in sunlight due to the high aloe vera content.

Aloe vera and sunlight don't mix?

#21 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Never heard this

#22 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Are there any peer-reviewed studies showing that copper peptides restore the skin?

Please post if you have some refs.

#23 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Never heard this

I've read this. UV-light converts the polysaccharides into harmful substances. On the other hand, aloe is by far, the best thing to use for sunburns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users