• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

What Elijah believes?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:55 AM

He did not mention a date for this prophecy to start enrolling itself.
But by defending this position there's a huge chance of it becoming self fulfilling.
Active biblical selection. Read it or die.

I believe we're already in the beginning stages of the great tribulation mentioned in Revelation 7:13-17. Are you interested to know what the key of David is and where your place of safety lies?

There seems to be a prophecy about a great tribulation if you read the scriptures a certain way.
You say: O my, so it must be unavoidable, we start preparing and it becomes self fulfilling.
I say: O my, that's dangerous, lets unite to try to avoid all that.

Please do not shut the door and throw away the key...... ;)

Edited by brainbox, 28 November 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#62 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

There seems to be a prophecy about a great tribulation if you read the scriptures a certain way.
You say: O my, so it must be unavoidable, we start preparing and it becomes self fulfilling.

Please do not shut the door and throw away the key...... :)

A great tribulation is clearly stated in the Scriptures. To try and read the Bible anyother way is to neglect what is clearly stated. The warning is there so we can prepare for it and survive it.

It's not just the religious who warn of a great tribulation as I'm sure you know. Scientists, activists, politicians, intellectuals, etc., have warned of its likelihood if we continue on the same path - without mentioning the Scriptures or other religious text.

#63 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:21 AM

Please do not shut the door and throw away the key...... :)

A great tribulation is clearly stated in the Scriptures. To try and read the Bible anyother way is to neglect what is clearly stated. The warning is there so we can prepare for it and survive it.

It's not just the religious who warn of a great tribulation as I'm sure you know. Scientists, activists, politicians, intellectuals, etc., have warned of its likelihood if we continue on the same path - without mentioning the Scriptures or other religious text.

Add to that group ancient and indigenous cultures of varying origins as well as respected astrologers and
psychics like Edgar Cayce.
The future can always be altered by our actions in the present, but if we sit back passively, as we continue to do, these prophecies will
most surely manifest. Of course, there is always natural disaster, and sadly it might be too late to avoid that. Personally, I'm heading for the hills.

#64 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:18 PM

Personally, I'm heading for the hills

Study the Bible and communal living instead. There's a place of safety to be found if you have an understanding of the key of David mentioned in Revelation 3:7-10.

Gerald Flurry, author of the booklet The Key of David, seems to think "[t]he key of David unlocks God’s incredible purpose for putting mankind on Earth" and is tied up with the "stone of destiny" that use to sit under the coronation chair in Westminster Abbey in London, England. I believe Mr. Flurry's understanding is inadequate and is missing essential knowledge of what King David and Jesus Christ taught was most important to obtain God's divine protection in the end times.

Jesus taught that it's the merciful that will be shown mercy, that He desired mercy above sacrifice, and that mercy was a most important matter of the law. Likewise, King David taught that whoever has regard for the weak (mercy) will receive God's protection in times of trouble. Psalm 41:1-2. Mercy on the weak is the key in my opinion.

It's my belief, that in order to practice the level of mercy the Father and the Son desire, we should live communally according to the teachings of Christ and the example of the early Christian Church in Acts. The giving up of personal property and money to live communally so as avoid taking part in a capitalistic world that takes advantage of the poor and the weak and is destructive of the environment is an act of mercy itself I'm sure the Lord will recognize.

Living communally to be merciful will be just the ethos needed to educate a people to humanely control the potentially dangerous technologies of the future and to be able to live out the substantially increased lifespans these technologies will make possible.

Edited by elijah3, 03 December 2007 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users