• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

OK so Piracetam didn't work for me... what's next?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 semi2007

• 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:29 AM

OK so I've been taking Piracetam 800mg X 3 q.t. for over a week and took two attack doses of around 9600mg each, two days in a row. I've also been taking two or three 300mg Alpha GPC q.t. Besides having very vivid dreams I haven't noticed any change in terms of memory/word-recall, etc. So I'm thinking Piracetam is not for me.

So the question is, for those who have found Piracetam to not work for them, which cetam did you use that worked? Which one would you recommend trying next?

Peace,
Semi

#2 unisonus

• 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:31 AM

What exactly do you expect to notice? Have you tested yourself in clinical conditions? The evidence is that the substance will improve your memory; there is no evidence that it will make you conscious of any such improvement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

More and more people are beginning to say that such high doses are ineffective, and may even cause brain fog. Myself and others have noticed beneficial effects from only 400-800mg per day. Something to think about.

#4 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Attack dosing is so '05...

#5 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

So why did you think Piracetam would do anything for you at all? I tried it, found the same experience, nothing noticeable. I have given up on nootropics in the meantime, I tried many and they are a very short placebo effect at best. Wait for the real stuff to come out, then everyone will be taking it.

#6 blazewind

• 77 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

Everyone has different biochemistry. Don't give up. Piracetam gave me headaches, Centrophenoxine gave me headaches, Aniracetam gave me headaches, Huperzine A gave me headaches, but then I took Oxiracetam at a large dose of 2400mg/day which had a huge conscious effect of focus and clarity without any headache so much so that I plan to take this everyday for the rest of my life.

#7 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

I think you gave up to fast on Piracetam. Try different dosages. Nootropics are usely quite subtile. I didn't notice the effect of Piracetam until I got into an argument with someone.

#8 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

nearly 10 grams ! wow.

#9 blazewind

• 77 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

Most of the studies on rats are in the dosage range of 100mg/kg to 300mg/kg which is equivalent to about 9g to 27g a day in humans...

#10 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

amazing, good thing this stuff is pretty cheap.

#11 wiserd

• 108 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

Are you also taking lecithin and acetyl carnetine with the piracetam?

I sometimes wonder if some people won't be helped by piracetam at all since they already have enough acetylcholine in their brains.

Either way, piracetam doesn't seem to work for me.

But substances which increase dreaming should also increase memory.

• Lurker

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

So why did you think Piracetam would do anything for you at all? I tried it, found the same experience, nothing noticeable. I have given up on nootropics in the meantime, I tried many and they are a very short placebo effect at best. Wait for the real stuff to come out, then everyone will be taking it.

Piracetam has immense health benefits both cognitively and heart wise of all the supplements available it's one every should consider adding.

Just because you don't feel an effect does not mean it's placebo it just means you have a poor understanding of how these compounds work.

Nootropics currently available are the best it's going to get.

#13 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:19 AM

As mentioned above, consider continuing piracetam usage as a neuroprotective substance regardless of your perceptions of its cognitive benefits.

That having been said, quite a few people have noted the 'brain fog' from Piracetam. I never followed up, but I remember some studies a few years ago regarding protein kinase C and short term (functional) memory that left me wondering if perhaps piracetam led to an unsavory increase in protein kinase C levels. Most people I've talked to have concluded that proper choline supplementation reduces or totally eliminates the brain fog, though certainly that sort of dosage of Alpha-GPC ought to have some sort of impact.

Keep trying and keep us updated.

#14 semi2007

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:19 AM

Hey thanks everybody! I'm going to keep taking piracetam (just 800mg/day) with alpha GPC (300mg/day) but I'm going to try out Oxiracetam as well. I'll let you know how it goes!

Peace,
Semi

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 coq10

• 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hey thanks everybody! I'm going to keep taking piracetam (just 800mg/day) with alpha GPC (300mg/day) but I'm going to try out Oxiracetam as well. I'll let you know how it goes!

Peace,
Semi

Why take a uneffective dose? 9.6 grams would be more like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users