Photo
- - - - -

Kollath Cereal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

I recently stumbled across a novel recipe in a yoga book. It's similar to muesli but instead of oats, uses freshly ground wheat. I question the safety and benefits of eating wheat raw.

The recipe goes as follows:

Kollath Cereal

2-3 tablespoons fresh whole wheat flour
3-5 tablespoons water
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 C dried fruit, finely chopped
1/2-1 C apples, grated just before serving
1 tablespoon ground almonds spread over top (or walnuts, hazelnuts, etc, due to recent universal almond pasteurization)

In the evening place 2-3 tablespoons freshly ground wheat into a bowl and add the water. Stir, then leave it at room temperature until the next morning to ferment. In another dish, soak the dried fruit. Next morning mix the contents of both bowls using the water in which the dried fruit was soaked, then adding the lemon juice and grated apple. Add ground nuts.

Kollath Breakfast claims some of these benefits: the weight will adjust itself whether you are overweight or underweight, constipation disappears, physical and intellectual efficiency increases, feeling of general well being, loss of cravings for tobacco or alcohol, blood composition improves, hair nails and teeth improve, and the skeletal structure is strengthened.

#2 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

I question the safety and benefits of eating wheat raw.

This is what interests me as well, but the extended question regarding consumption of all types of grains in raw and rolled form.
Traditional muesli, that contains both oats and wheat (at least over here), rolled, is eaten raw.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 spaceistheplace

• Topic Starter
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

The fact that traditional muesli is at least a bit processed (and perhaps precooked?) makes me feel better about its safety. I wonder if the 8-12 hour soak and fermentation in this recipe has about the same effect as cooking the wheat with regards to disabling most of the toxins, enzyme blockers, lectins?

#4 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

I wonder if the 8-12 hour soak and fermentation in this recipe has about the same effect as cooking the wheat with regards to disabling most of the toxins, enzyme blockers, lectins?

I have heard from health nuts exactly that.

#5 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

I have heard from health nuts exactly that.

Health nuts = crazy people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users