Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Biotivia / RevGenetics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 maxhealthback

• 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:37 AM

To Anthony Loera, You are violating our trademark for Biotivia and Transmax by running Google adverts such as the one below as well as others in which you use the names Transmax and Biotivia. You are also implying in some of your ads that your product passed the consumer lab tests. It did not. Furthermore by Using our name as the header for your advert you are implying that you manufacture our products or somehow substantively represent our company or are associated with Biotivia. You do not in any way represent Biotivia nor have we given you permission to us our trademarks in your advertising. You are sinking to a new low in your efforts to promote your product. Up to this point you have clearly copied major elements of our web site, placed false and misleading information on your site, and made false statements on this forum and others about our products. This is a notification that you must cease and desist this false advertising immediately. You have gone over the line and we will respond appropriately.

BIOTIVIA
Dr. Oz says Resveratrol
independently tested
www.RevGenetics.com

You are being sent this notice on this forum because it is known that you post and read messages on this forum. James Betz, Managing Director-Biotivia

Ya.

They tested 13 brands (not including NOW, RevGenetics, among others).

Found most complied with stated resveratrol content (and most of this ~98%, was
trans-resveratrol, apparently), including Jarrow, Biotiva Transmax, Swanson.

Life Extension Foundation 20 mg tabs and Young Again tabs failed- much less than stated amount of resveratrol.

LEF is a huge disappointment. Great idea to do actual supplement research and consumer education, but the actual supplements formulations
are not good.

This is very disappointing to me in that I hate LEF because of its pandering, actually having sent a telegram to the FDA thanking them for jailing Faloon and Kent because I don't think supplements should be sold like non-prescription drugs (though LEF used it's money to get the law changed) but I always took their, and the self-taught expert's in Canada (who used to work at LEF) assurances of quality as truthful.

Here is an exchange between myself and LEF about LEF's resveratrol product, with minor editing to leaving out some rather personal details. I responded back to LEF yesterday telling them that their resveratrol offering failed Consuer Lab assay. I'm interested to see how they respond. I am not plugging not dissing LEF, but now frankly I'm lost. I've been taking their supplements since LEF's very beginning in complete confidence that though they increasingly were operating in ways I didn't agree with, at least I was assured that their products were good and pharmaceutical grade.

To: Me
Subject: RE: About your RESVERATROL
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:57:02 -0500
Hi Me,

Nice to hear from you.

Yes, Life Extension has conducted assays over time on the resveratrol product and shown that the amount per capsule meets the label claim.

Concerning the amount given to the mice, it is not always wise to assume that the same proportional amount is good for humans. Future clinical studies will determine the best human dosage.

For longer life,

Dayna Dye
Editor, Life Extension Update
ddye@lifeextension.com
LifeExtension.com
1100 West Commercial Blv
Fort Lauderdale FL 33309
954 202 7716
www.lef.org

It is the purpose of the Foundation to provide relevant information from our research and review of scientific and clinical studies to individuals and their health care providers. It is our intention to serve as a resource upon which individuals and their health care providers can draw beneficial and relevant information. There has been no patient-physician relationship established between anyone and the Foundation and Foundation employees. No one is physically examined by employees of our company and the Foundation does not intend to supplant the judgment of an individual's treating physician or substitute Foundation information for a physician's diagnosis and treatment. It is further recommended that the reader of this correspondence review the actual text of any above cited research and any other information provided and exercise their own personal and/or medical judgment. Any statements or materials have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. We do not recommend that anyone stop taking their medication without first consulting their physician.

THIS INFORMATION (AND ANY ACCOMPANYING PRINTED MATERIAL) IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THE ATTENTION OR ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL. ANYONE WHO WISHES TO EMBARK ON ANY DIETARY, DRUG, EXERCISE, OR OTHER LIFESTYLE CHANGE INTENDED TO PREVENT OR TREAT A SPECIFIC DISEASE OR CONDITION SHOULD FIRST CONSULT WITH AND SEEK CLEARANCE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL.

To:
Subject: About your RESVERATROL
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 13:32:26 -0600
Dayna,

You and I go back a long time. We used to talk, you used to take my orders when LEF was much smaller and everything was done in house. You'd often just go into the store to get some of the things you need to fulfill my order.

The mouse study quoted in the LEF email I just received actually showed excellent results on a good, not Macdonald's diet, but for a man my size, it would require 500 mg a day. There's also the question of stability. The researchers received their resveratrol packed in dry ice and kept it away from light and between -80 C and -4 C. Longevinex manufactures the product under inert gas and not exposed to light. They encapsulate their product in lightproof, inert nitrogen capsules. They assert this is the only way to do it, other's assert this isn't even good enough and others assert the stuff's as stable as Titanium. There are conflicting studies on the stability and bioavailability of resveratrol. Where does LEF stand on this? Has LEF done any assays to verify that there still is 20 mg of resveratrol in those 20 mg capsules? Does LEF have any consensus on how stable this compound is, whether if it's not kept below freezing, in the dark and under nitrogen, what believed to have been placed in the capsule was already degraded and further degrades to something useless by the time a customer like me receives the capsules?

Kindest regards,
Me

#2 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:11 AM

To Anthony Loera, You are violating our trademark for Biotivia and Transmax [...]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

James,

When we filed our complaint on Google on October 24th about your ads coming up using our "RevGenetics" name for which we have applied trademarks for, we didn't spam the forum. We believe Google would sort it out in a proper manner with Biotivia.

Also in October you also received a Warning letter about your advertising tactics, website and labeling:
http://www.fda.gov/f...ters/s6562c.htm

Did we run out and tell the world? We did not.

We dealt with the diversion folks from the DEA early this year, and know about the stress it and issues if we hadn't didn't cross our T's and dot our i's regarding the government. We came out smelling like roses, but it was stressful. People don't need to be kicked when they are down, well at least I personally feel that way. We simply moved on about our business.

Now you are spamming the heck out of a good forum because of tactics you started using back in October with your advertising? Oh please... I can google 'RevGenetics' right now, and still see that you are using our name. Stop being so dramatic.

Let Google sort the issue out, and stop posting ridiculous messages here. As far as the Trademarks are concerned... I didn't find you here, I did find transmax registered for car oil/lube though...
http://tmportal.uspt...nal/portal/home

Now take a chill pill, and wait on Google. Stop being, in my opinion... obnoxious.

Sorry everyone, I apologize for my competitor. Please forgive him.
Anthony Loera

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 03 December 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#3 maxhealthback

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:24 AM

For the record your complaint to Google regarding use of your name was denied for one reason. Biotivia has never run a single ad using your name. The advertising complaint you mention, as which was prompted by a complaint from you or one other competitor, was replied to and we prevailed on all issues.

To Anthony Loera, You are violating our trademark for Biotivia and Transmax [...]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

James,

Since you continue to post here for everyone:

I am usually not very direct because I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. But... you and I know you blatantly lied regarding your last post stating you never ran an ad with our 'RevGenetics' name. This morning I can see that you have finally pulled your ads using our 'RevGenetics' name from google. I appreciate it, and in return, I will have the ads with the 'Biotivia' name pulled as well. Regarding your claims about prevailing with Google, I believe they are also fictitious as Google has not responded to our inquiry yet.

I suggest you don't try these tactics again, as I still have more facts about your company that I have not stated on the forum which I believe... will thoroughly embarrass you.

Have a good day!
Again, to the forum members here, I apologize for this snides comments that do not contribute any value to the forum.

Anthony Loera

For the record your complaint to Google regarding use of your name was denied for one reason. Biotivia has never run a single ad using your name. The advertising complaint you mention, as which was prompted by a complaint from you or one other competitor, was replied to and we prevailed on all issues.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 03 December 2007 - 03:01 PM.

#5 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

Cut the crap.

#6 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

Analogous to the flame wars we had in the past, I will not moderate these contributions so that everyone is able to judge the level of marketing ethics that is implied by them.
However, if this develops into something really nasty, the imminst moderation team will not hesitate to edit or remove posts!

Thanks for the early morning editing... on the other thread.

The flame war was getting out of hand... but I have to admit, it has resolved some items to our benefit.

Anthony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users